Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Chicken Littles vent here « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4

BuccaneersMagic1282

Starter

#30 : July 29, 2011, 07:54:42 PM

They used their cap space to re-sign GOOD players not junk like Joseph, Trueblood, and Black.

The Steelers have re-signed a couple of their offensive lineman and one of my buddies who is a Steelers fan isn't happy and calling them junk. Sounds familiar.

The chicken littles are like spoiled little kids. They don't appreciate the toys they have and just want new shiney toys to play with until they are bored with them and want more new toys. Joseph may have struggled last year, but we are moving back to the power blocking scheme that he thrived in in the past. Quincy Black is also a very solid player, just because he doesn't pop out at you on TV doesn't make him junk. He is a very solid SAM linebacker (which is a position that usually doesn't make big plays). He did everything well and I'm glad he is back.

alldaway

Hall of Famer

#31 : July 29, 2011, 07:58:42 PM

They used their cap space to re-sign GOOD players not junk like Joseph, Trueblood, and Black.

So what RG, RT, SLB did you ever suggest to replace them? Please do tell because Borat is all ears

How were they replaced during the season?

So you didnt want us to sign anyone then? You would rather let the even younger guys take over? Isnt that what youve been complaining about all freaking day? Too many young un-proven guys and not enough established players?

I wanted to see the team sign upgrades.

alldaway

Hall of Famer

#32 : July 29, 2011, 07:59:22 PM

The Steelers have re-signed a couple of their offensive lineman and one of my buddies who is a Steelers fan isn't happy and calling them junk. Sounds familiar.

Steelers o-line for the most part is junk.

Borat!

Starter

#33 : July 29, 2011, 08:00:18 PM

The chicken littles are like spoiled little kids. They don't appreciate the toys they have and just want new shiney toys to play with until they are bored with them and want more new toys. Joseph may have struggled last year, but we are moving back to the power blocking scheme that he thrived in in the past. Quincy Black is also a very solid player, just because he doesn't pop out at you on TV doesn't make him junk. He is a very solid SAM linebacker (which is a position that usually doesn't make big plays). He did everything well and I'm glad he is back.

And this. Black was on pace to have around 100 tackles which is pretty good for a Sam. Pat Morris will get the best out of Joseph and whoever plays RT.

\\\\\\\"...even if we win the SB not getting a few FAS with so many available was being pig headed and fanatical.\\\\\\\" - 4bucs

Borat!

Starter

#34 : July 29, 2011, 08:01:18 PM

So what RG, RT, SLB did you ever suggest to replace them? Please do tell because Borat is all ears

So you didnt want us to sign anyone then? You would rather let the even younger guys take over? Isnt that what youve been complaining about all freaking day? Too many young un-proven guys and not enough established players?

WHO?? I asked you already but you implied to do it in house. Now youre saying to sign someone. Youre just talking in circles

\\\\\\\"...even if we win the SB not getting a few FAS with so many available was being pig headed and fanatical.\\\\\\\" - 4bucs

alldaway

Hall of Famer

#35 : July 29, 2011, 08:10:04 PM

WHO?? I asked you already but you implied to do it in house. Now youre saying to sign someone. Youre just talking in circles

You simply lack the intellectual ability to discuss football on several levels, but since you are a noobie, I feel compelled to educate you.  Primarily, there was no drop off with Watson, or Lee, or Hardman (statistically there was improvement with Lee and Hardman in over Joseph/True) in while the three stooges were out during the season.  So, the Bucs could have used the money they gave the three stooges to upgrade CB (Aso).

But if they wanted to upgrade RT/RG here are the options:

Chris Chester who was recently signed
Harvey Dahl
Robert Gallery
Daryn Colledge (debatable given the scheme, but still better than Davin).

All better than Davin Joseph.

Doug Free
Jared Gaither
Tyson Clabo
etc

You have been educated.

smove28

Starter

#36 : July 29, 2011, 08:10:51 PM

Steelers o-line for the most part is junk.

Didn't that junk O-line play in the Super Bowl? Before you answer, i know they lost.
But with that logic, we should not break the bank for any OL that didn't play for the Packers.

BucDaFackUp

Hall of Famer

#37 : July 29, 2011, 08:21:19 PM

Tell it to the Eagles and the Patriots.

Aren't the Packers the Super Bowl Champions?

This. What has GB done so far? Or Pitt? You know the two teams in the Superbowl. When was the last time either one of them went crazy in free agency?

Pittsburgh has their own "Plan" in place which allowed them to start Charlie Batch in Tampa last season and still completely destroy the Bucs. So do they need to go hog wild buying the best players....NO.....neither do the Bucs actually but they had real opportunity to improve the team by signing an OLineman or two and possibly Johnathon Joseph and instead chose to reward guys that underperformed. It flies in the face of logic for a winning franchise to do this....I understand the idea of keeping the core nucleus in place to grow together. I got it....however would you avoid signing an upgrade at a position just out of loyalty to an underperforming player? Don't answer....that was rhetorical.

Their secondary is terrible, their o-line is even worse than ours, but yet what have they done to improve? The Bucs dont have a foundation yet. The average age for our starters is the youngest in the league. We are gonna go though growing pains because of it whether fans like it or not. We have the makings for a strong foundation, but were not there yet. What is the point of signing a bunch of random FAs when we dont even have a foundation? Teams who do that end up like the Redskins. You guys REALLY need to go back to playing Madden

LOL....now I know why you chose that name.....you're a riot!

Dude...Pittsburgh played in the Superbowl last year and barely came up on the short end.....and you're telling me to go play Madden?

Free agent champions = duds during the regular season. Go ask Dan Snyder how free agency works for him

Thanks for building me a strawman but I have a brain...and you ain't no wizard. Try again...

Borat!

Starter

#38 : July 29, 2011, 08:21:50 PM

You simply lack the intellectual ability to discuss football on several levels, but since you are a noobie, I feel compelled to educate you.  Primarily, there was no drop off with Watson, or Lee, or Hardman (statistically there was improvement with Lee and Hardman in over Joseph/True) in while the three stooges were out during the season.  So, the Bucs could have used the money they gave the three stooges to upgrade CB (Aso).

Harvey Dahl
Robert Gallery

Doug Free
Jared Gaither
Tyson Clabo
etc

You have been educated.

Joseph didnt have Blount running behind him, he had Cadillac. That would make a huge difference in stats dont you think?
Gallery sucks. Bringing him up at all just shows the "grass is greener" mentality you have. Plus he plays LG
Chester wasnt going to leave Baltimore and neither was Free. Plus $10mil for a RT is insane
Gaither is good, but coming off of a serious back injury and is a complete ass. Baltimore fans hate him.
Clabo is a good run blocker but is a mediocre at best pass protecter.
Green bay fans complain about College too and hes a LG.
The biggest thing you didnt consider in all of this is continuity. Atlanta is going to have problems this year because 2 guys are possibly leaving. Joseph probably isnt worth that much money, but hes not as bad as you want to make him out to be. Guess you need to be edjamacated and not just look at whos available
[/quote]

**Free wasnt going to leave Dall-ass

Borat!

Starter

#39 : July 29, 2011, 08:22:34 PM

This. What has GB done so far? Or Pitt? You know the two teams in the Superbowl. When was the last time either one of them went crazy in free agency?

Pittsburgh has their own "Plan" in place which allowed them to start Charlie Batch in Tampa last season and still completely destroy the Bucs. So do they need to go hog wild buying the best players....NO.....neither do the Bucs actually but they had real opportunity to improve the team by signing an OLineman or two and possibly Johnathon Joseph and instead chose to reward guys that underperformed. It flies in the face of logic for a winning franchise to do this....I understand the idea of keeping the core nucleus in place to grow together. I got it....however would you avoid signing an upgrade at a position just out of loyalty to an underperforming player? Don't answer....that was rhetorical.

Their secondary is terrible, their o-line is even worse than ours, but yet what have they done to improve? The Bucs dont have a foundation yet. The average age for our starters is the youngest in the league. We are gonna go though growing pains because of it whether fans like it or not. We have the makings for a strong foundation, but were not there yet. What is the point of signing a bunch of random FAs when we dont even have a foundation? Teams who do that end up like the Redskins. You guys REALLY need to go back to playing Madden

Dude...Pittsburgh played in the Superbowl last year and barely came up on the short end.....and you're telling me to go play Madden?

Free agent champions = duds during the regular season. Go ask Dan Snyder how free agency works for him

Thanks for building me a strawman but I have a brain...and you ain't no wizard. Try again...

What superbowl winning team was made out of free agents?

Zsnore

User is on moderator watch listWatched
Pro Bowler
#40 : July 29, 2011, 08:25:20 PM

if we ended up signing all the FA people around here wanted and ended up losing Freeman, and Mike W, or Gerald McCoy cause of cap issues how stupid would you look? Please you people don't run the team just STFU already

This is what I think about the Glazers being cheap...

BuccaneersMagic1282

Starter

#41 : July 29, 2011, 08:27:43 PM

if we ended up signing all the FA people around here wanted and ended up losing Freeman, and Mike W, or Gerald McCoy cause of cap issues how stupid would you look? Please you people don't run the team just STFU already

Exactly, and if we did sign one of these FAs and they busted they would be the first people to bash Dominik for being stupid and signing that guy.

See: Derrick Ward

BucDaFackUp

Hall of Famer

#42 : July 29, 2011, 08:28:30 PM

What superbowl winning team was made out of free agents?

That's just it...you're putting words into my mouth again.....I NEVER said that's how to build a Superbowl team.....I'm merely stating the FACT that if you neglect better players that are on the market in order to resign borderline players then you are cutting off your nose to spite your face....Falling in love with a system is what did in Jon Gruden....he fell in love with his way of doing things and couldn't adapt to change even though it was staring him in the face. Dominik and Morris did a great job with what they had last season...this FA season was an opportunity to build on their talent base and they simply did NOT do that.....they signed a PUNTER! With the biggest cap space available.....they signed a PUNTER! LOL.

Borat!

Starter

#43 : July 29, 2011, 08:36:15 PM

That's just it...you're putting words into my mouth again.....I NEVER said that's how to build a Superbowl team.....I'm merely stating the FACT that if you neglect better players that are on the market in order to resign borderline players then you are cutting off your nose to spite your face....Falling in love with a system is what did in Jon Gruden....he fell in love with his way of doing things and couldn't adapt to change even though it was staring him in the face. Dominik and Morris did a great job with what they had last season...this FA season was an opportunity to build on their talent base and they simply did NOT do that.....they signed a PUNTER! With the biggest cap space available.....they signed a PUNTER! LOL.
[/quote]

You sign free agents when you have a core of players in place. We are not there yet. We have players who we hope will be that core but they are far too young. We won the superbowl when Lynch, Brooks, Sapp, and Ronde had grown up a little. Then the signing of Rice (who was signed for vet minimum) put us over the top. Washington signs free agents without a core in place and what has that gotten them? It would be stupid to sign a bunch of free agents when we are not ready yet. Bottom line. Have some patience my friend

alldaway

Hall of Famer

#44 : July 29, 2011, 08:41:08 PM

Harvey Dahl
Robert Gallery

Doug Free
Jared Gaither
Tyson Clabo
etc

You have been educated.

Joseph didnt have Blount running behind him, he had Cadillac. That would make a huge difference in stats dont you think?
Gallery sucks. Bringing him up at all just shows the "grass is greener" mentality you have. Plus he plays LG
Chester wasnt going to leave Baltimore and neither was Free. Plus $10mil for a RT is insane
Gaither is good, but coming off of a serious back injury and is a complete ass. Baltimore fans hate him.
Clabo is a good run blocker but is a mediocre at best pass protecter.
Green bay fans complain about College too and hes a LG.
The biggest thing you didnt consider in all of this is continuity. Atlanta is going to have problems this year because 2 guys are possibly leaving. Joseph probably isnt worth that much money, but hes not as bad as you want to make him out to be. Guess you need to be edjamacated and not just look at whos available

**Free wasnt going to leave Dall-ass
[/quote]

Gallery at guard is a better player at OT, in other words you have never watched him play, but since you are a casual NFL fan I understand.
Bucs never made an attempt at Clabo, Colledge, or even tried to lure Chester.

Continuity means **CENSORED**ing nothing when not one, not two, but now a third OL coach is here but Trueblood/Joseph remain.

Go re-watch the Steelers game where Joseph is beat man to man and driven back not once, but twice in the game.

Page: 1 2 3 4
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Chicken Littles vent here « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools