Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Well, this explains it...... « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 ... 5

Hate

Hall of Famer
: July 29, 2011, 08:15:43 PM

Stephen Holder
Just had chat with Mark Dominik. He clarified that the per team salary cap minimum DOES NOT apply this year. So everyone calm down.

-------------------------------------------------------

I thought Lovie said he wanted quickness & speed, even at the QB position?

Captain Hindsight

Hall of Famer

#1 : July 29, 2011, 08:17:07 PM

If that's the case, why give all of these lucrative contracts to our own average players and a punter?

1Va bucsfan

Hall of Famer
#2 : July 29, 2011, 08:18:19 PM

Saw this Tweet and proceeded to refill my glass minus the soda!

\\\"The guy who invented the first wheel was an idiot, the guy who invented the other three, he was a genius

weston823

Second String

#3 : July 29, 2011, 08:19:08 PM

Why should people calm down?  They should be upset that they have some of the cheapest owners in professional sports.  They appear to be unwilling to spend any more than they have to. They may have the lowest payroll in the league, and I think that should upset some people. 

JDouble

Hall of Famer
#4 : July 29, 2011, 08:21:10 PM

Stephen Holder
Just had chat with Mark Dominik. He clarified that the per team salary cap minimum DOES NOT apply this year. So everyone calm down.

Hmmm...that's wierd. Everything they are putting out and everything the talking heads are saying is in complete contrast to that. Anyways, it's good for us. We really don't wanna be forced into extending guys before they have earned it. This way we can have this entire season and next to decide who should get big long term extensions. Guys like Mike Williams, Blount, and Grimm will have played 3 seasons by then and Freeman have played 4. Much better than extending guys at the end of this season just because we have to.

Hope Dom knows what he is talking about. Would really suck if he misunderstood and was wrong.  :'(

Zsnore

User is on moderator watch listWatched
Pro Bowler
#5 : July 29, 2011, 08:21:32 PM

Omg you mean there's a plan in place? Dom's just pulling ur chain, he fully intended to force the Bucs into cap penalties that would ultimately have them eat the cap space anyway. I'm sure that is his intention! FO/Glazers are in on the Bucs media conspiracy!!! THE ROOF IS FALLING BBRRRRGGG

This is what I think about the Glazers being cheap...

BuccaneersMagic1282

Starter

#6 : July 29, 2011, 08:22:47 PM

John Clayton already reported this earlier in the day. No salary floor until 2013.

youngone

Hall of Famer
#7 : July 29, 2011, 08:24:05 PM

Some of these ppl would make perfect redskins fans..

MiltonMack21

Hall of Famer

#8 : July 29, 2011, 08:24:35 PM

Omg you mean there's a plan in place? Dom's just pulling ur chain, he fully intended to force the Bucs into cap penalties that would ultimately have them eat the cap space anyway. I'm sure that is his intention! FO/Glazers are in on the Bucs media conspiracy!!! THE ROOF IS FALLING BBRRRRGGG

The Glazers are going to spend the minimum they HAVE to EVERY YEAR they have to. This is on them, the Glazers value the kickball team much more than they do the Buccaneers. "The Plan" is to only be as cheap as possible.

Beatles123

Hall of Famer

#9 : July 29, 2011, 08:28:00 PM

"IT'S A CONSPIRACY!!"

^ Is this who you guys wanna be? Calm down, lol.

This space for rent....*sigh* I trusted you coach.

Borat!

Starter

#10 : July 29, 2011, 08:29:05 PM

The Glazers are going to spend the minimum they HAVE to EVERY YEAR they have to. This is on them, the Glazers value the kickball team much more than they do the Buccaneers. "The Plan" is to only be as cheap as possible.

But if we are winning does it really matter? I thought wins were the only important thing?

\\\\\\\"...even if we win the SB not getting a few FAS with so many available was being pig headed and fanatical.\\\\\\\" - 4bucs

JDouble

Hall of Famer
#11 : July 29, 2011, 08:29:48 PM

I wish the salary of each franchise was secret. People are so worried about how much money is being spent and they forget to look at the talent or the wins/loses. If these guys that are always complaining had no clue what the salary situation was....you think they'd still be complaining about our team? Hell no. We have the youngest team in the league, and talent wise we are top 10. Who cares if we have all this talent for really cheap? Dom drafted well and stole great practice squad guys....so of course our pay role is low. Does that mean the talent isn't as good? Hell no. Just means Dom is great at his job.

Dom has been as clear as can be. We will play and pay the guys that we draft. If any of them don't live up to expectations...we will draft someone to replace them. We will never be big players in free agency under this regime. We will always play OUR guys. They have confidence in who they draft and they want them to be on the field. Why do so many fans have such a hard time understanding this. Dom says it over and over and then people act surprised. I don't get it.

Zsnore

Pro Bowler
#12 : July 29, 2011, 08:31:43 PM

Sorry man your just dumb. If we have to keep going over the same things, then there is no other explanation. Very very dumb. Every team has to spend the same, they all have the same ceiling and floor. Who the Bucs are able to pick up in FA isn't an indication of the Glazers commitment to spend. The argument is a childish one, and doesn't work anymore on the REAL fans that KNOW what is going on.

This is what I think about the Glazers being cheap...

MUSCLE_HAMSTER

Hall of Famer
#13 : July 29, 2011, 08:32:08 PM

Idc how much money we spend as long as we're competitive and winning

youngone

Hall of Famer
#14 : July 29, 2011, 08:32:40 PM

I wish the salary of each franchise was secret. People are so worried about how much money is being spent and they forget to look at the talent or the wins/loses. If these guys that are always complaining had no clue what the salary situation was....you think they'd still be complaining about our team? Hell no. We have the youngest team in the league, and talent wise we are top 10. Who cares if we have all this talent for really cheap? Dom drafted well and stole great practice squad guys....so of course our pay role is low. Does that mean the talent isn't as good? Hell no. Just means Dom is great at his job.

Dom has been as clear as can be. We will play and pay the guys that we draft. If any of them don't live up to expectations...we will draft someone to replace them. We will never be big players in free agency under this regime. We will always play OUR guys. They have confidence in who they draft and they want them to be on the field. Why do so many fans have such a hard time understanding this. Dom says it over and over and then people act surprised. I don't get it.
They prefer the Dan Synder approach for some weird reason
Page: 1 2 3 ... 5
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Well, this explains it...... « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools