Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Well, this explains it...... « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4 5

NotDeadYet

Hall of Famer

#15 : July 29, 2011, 08:33:20 PM

I have no idea why anyone would care what players' salaries are or how much the owners spend on them. The quality of our play andthe team's  W's are what we fans should care about. All the rest is just media hype; I read it, but don't really have any reaction to it...

MiltonMack21

User is on moderator watch listWatched
Hall of Famer

#16 : July 29, 2011, 08:34:32 PM

Omg you mean there's a plan in place? Dom's just pulling ur chain, he fully intended to force the Bucs into cap penalties that would ultimately have them eat the cap space anyway. I'm sure that is his intention! FO/Glazers are in on the Bucs media conspiracy!!! THE ROOF IS FALLING BBRRRRGGG

The Glazers are going to spend the minimum they HAVE to EVERY YEAR they have to. This is on them, the Glazers value the kickball team much more than they do the Buccaneers. "The Plan" is to only be as cheap as possible.

But if we are winning does it really matter? I thought wins were the only important thing?

Last year was a 1 year wonder. If Freeman keeps ascending he will want more money, and do you think the Glazers will allow that to happen??? Hell no, the only reason we had to re-sign a turd like Joseph was because they had to spend some money and knew they couldn't get an actual free agent to come in. NO ONE ELSE wanted Davin Joseph...... The goal for the Glazers is to make as much money as they can on the Bucs to spend it on the team they like, the goal is not to win for them at all.

youngone

Hall of Famer
#17 : July 29, 2011, 08:36:39 PM

Omg you mean there's a plan in place? Dom's just pulling ur chain, he fully intended to force the Bucs into cap penalties that would ultimately have them eat the cap space anyway. I'm sure that is his intention! FO/Glazers are in on the Bucs media conspiracy!!! THE ROOF IS FALLING BBRRRRGGG

The Glazers are going to spend the minimum they HAVE to EVERY YEAR they have to. This is on them, the Glazers value the kickball team much more than they do the Buccaneers. "The Plan" is to only be as cheap as possible.

But if we are winning does it really matter? I thought wins were the only important thing?

Last year was a 1 year wonder. If Freeman keeps ascending he will want more money, and do you think the Glazers will allow that to happen??? Hell no, the only reason we had to re-sign a turd like Joseph was because they had to spend some money and knew they couldn't get an actual free agent to come in. NO ONE ELSE wanted Davin Joseph...... The goal for the Glazers is to make as much money as they can on the Bucs to spend it on the team they like, the goal is not to win for them at all.

U must be out of your mind if u think they wont pay free..

MiltonMack21

Hall of Famer

#18 : July 29, 2011, 08:38:11 PM

They won't. No way, no how. Hell if I was him I would be requesting a trade, knowing they are trying to get me killed by bringing back Davin Joseph.

Borat!

Starter

#19 : July 29, 2011, 08:40:19 PM

They won't. No way, no how. Hell if I was him I would be requesting a trade, knowing they are trying to get me killed by bringing back Davin Joseph.

That has got to be the dumbest comment on this message board. You lose all credibility with that, **CENSORED**

\\\\\\\"...even if we win the SB not getting a few FAS with so many available was being pig headed and fanatical.\\\\\\\" - 4bucs

Beatles123

Hall of Famer

#20 : July 29, 2011, 08:40:35 PM

Dominik has confirmed we will sign him to a long term, lucrative deal.

This space for rent....*sigh* I trusted you coach.

Zsnore

Pro Bowler
#21 : July 29, 2011, 08:42:18 PM

With that statement you just proved to me your a ATL/NO/CAR **CENSORED**ing homer. Go back to those board please.

This is what I think about the Glazers being cheap...

alldaway

Hall of Famer
#22 : July 29, 2011, 08:42:46 PM

If that's the case, why give all of these lucrative contracts to our own average players and a punter?

Epic fail.  >:(

JDouble

Hall of Famer
#23 : July 29, 2011, 08:44:06 PM

I guess what it boils down to is Dom and Rah have 100% confidence in themselves and who they draft, trade for, or even sign off practice squads. They believe in themselves and stand behind their decisions. They believe that the guys they pick to be on this team can be pro bowl caliber players if given the chance.

The chicken little doomsday folks don't have that faith. They think we have to sign other people's super stars because we can't grow our own. They aren't interested in seeing if Biggers, Lewis, or Gaitor can be great. They have no confidence that they can be great. They would rather those guys sit on the bench while we pay another team's 30 year old hero $15M a year to play for us.

You either have faith in Dom and Rah or you don't. They have given no reason to doubt them so far. In just two seasons we have completely rebuilt this team into a top ten team filled with young exciting players and we have a franchise QB for the first time. We finished 10-6 last year and missed the playoffs by the skin of our nose even with with an injury depleted roster full of rookies, 3rd stringers, and practice squad players. We have a healthy team coming back 100% with newly drafted pieces, we are the buzz of the NFL and yet so many of our own fans have no faith. They still think Dom and Rah suck because we don't sign any over priced "trophy" free agents. What can you even say to them? It's a lost cause. I do my best to ignore them, and when they come back at the end of the season when we are doing great....I do my best to welcome them back. It's just sad that our fan base is so lame.

All you can do is go to every game and yell loud enough to make up for the empty seats next to you.

Draft Aaron Donald

youngone

Hall of Famer
#24 : July 29, 2011, 08:44:30 PM

if they "over-paid" Davin you dont think Free will get paid? You clearly lost your mind

Beatles123

Hall of Famer

#25 : July 29, 2011, 08:46:10 PM

I think we'll be doing spending outside of FA in the months to come. I imagine we make some practice squad steals, cuts, etc.

This space for rent....*sigh* I trusted you coach.

player101

Starter
#26 : July 29, 2011, 08:46:59 PM

If anyone believes that this is a 'plan' you are kidding yourself. The Buccaneers are being run as cheaply as possible.... The deepest FA group in years with tons of young talent and we don't bother because their is no salary floor. WTF did we save all that money for last year? This team has been on the cheap for the past 6 years. It is crystal clear that their commitment to this franchise is only transient and completely money driven.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------\"The facts are disputable\"

BuccaneersMagic1282

Starter

#27 : July 29, 2011, 08:47:11 PM

The whole reason the Bucs are not signing other team's free agents is so they have cap space to give players like Freeman their payday. The salary floor kicks in 2013, around the same time guys like Freeman, M.Williams, Blount, Benn, McCoy, etc. are up for new deals. Coincidence? I think not.

Just because you have money now doesn't mean you need to blow it all. Because if we did, we'd have to cut these same FAs and other players to try and create the cap space to re-sign guys and we likely wouldn't be able to keep all the guy we want to keep down the line. Remember when we had to let go of Sapp and Lynch back in the early 2000s when we where in cap hell? Yeah.

Also, I love how people whine about the Glazers being cheap yet also whine that we overpaid for Joseph, Black and Koenen.

alldaway

Hall of Famer
#28 : July 29, 2011, 08:49:37 PM

That argument was used a while back:

"One day the Bucs will have to pay Ruud, Joseph, Black, and Trueblood which is why they are not spending the cap space"

The irony is so thick.

player101

Starter
#29 : July 29, 2011, 08:53:27 PM

The whole reason the Bucs are not signing other team's free agents is so they have cap space to give players like Freeman their payday. The salary floor kicks in 2013, around the same time guys like Freeman, M.Williams, Blount, Benn, McCoy, etc. are up for new deals. Coincidence? I think not.

Just because you have money now doesn't mean you need to blow it all. Because if we did, we'd have to cut these same FAs and other players to try and create the cap space to re-sign guys and we likely wouldn't be able to keep all the guy we want to keep down the line. Remember when we had to let go of Sapp and Lynch back in the early 2000s when we where in cap hell? Yeah.

Also, I love how people whine about the Glazers being cheap yet also whine that we overpaid for Joseph, Black and Koenen.

This has been the mantra for the past 6 years. When are we going to start filling in the holes and utilizing the money the NFL allows us to use? With all of the extra cash save from last year we could have front loaded a metric **CENSORED** ton of talent in this FA period and still been 40 million under that cap again next year.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------\"The facts are disputable\"
Page: 1 2 3 4 5
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Well, this explains it...... « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools