Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Well, this explains it...... « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4 5

bucpimpin

Pro Bowler
#30 : July 29, 2011, 09:01:55 PM

Omg you mean there's a plan in place? Dom's just pulling ur chain, he fully intended to force the Bucs into cap penalties that would ultimately have them eat the cap space anyway. I'm sure that is his intention! FO/Glazers are in on the Bucs media conspiracy!!! THE ROOF IS FALLING BBRRRRGGG

The Glazers are going to spend the minimum they HAVE to EVERY YEAR they have to. This is on them, the Glazers value the kickball team much more than they do the Buccaneers. "The Plan" is to only be as cheap as possible.

But if we are winning does it really matter? I thought wins were the only important thing?

No it isnt..
We need splash players, we need them to help fill seats, to get more prime time games, to get more airtime on ESPN, to get Pro-Bowlers voted in nationally. Without this even theough we have a cute cheap team right now.. We arent sexy and will continue to get disrespect.

Zsnore

User is on moderator watch listWatched
Pro Bowler
#31 : July 29, 2011, 09:04:22 PM

Omg you mean there's a plan in place? Dom's just pulling ur chain, he fully intended to force the Bucs into cap penalties that would ultimately have them eat the cap space anyway. I'm sure that is his intention! FO/Glazers are in on the Bucs media conspiracy!!! THE ROOF IS FALLING BBRRRRGGG

The Glazers are going to spend the minimum they HAVE to EVERY YEAR they have to. This is on them, the Glazers value the kickball team much more than they do the Buccaneers. "The Plan" is to only be as cheap as possible.

But if we are winning does it really matter? I thought wins were the only important thing?

No it isnt..
We need splash players, we need them to help fill seats, to get more prime time games, to get more airtime on ESPN, to get Pro-Bowlers voted in nationally. Without this even theough we have a cute cheap team right now.. We arent sexy and will continue to get disrespect.

^^dumb

This is what I think about the Glazers being cheap...

Hate

Hall of Famer
#32 : July 29, 2011, 09:05:46 PM

I'm not sure if i'm being grouped by those proclaiming a "sky is falling mentality", nor do i care. Nowhere have i ever posted we should go on some crazy spending spree but there is/was an opportunity to improve the talent on this team right now and we prefer, for some odd reason, to take a wait and see approach.....specifically at the CB position, an approach i'm not fond of.

-------------------------------------------------------

I thought Lovie said he wanted quickness & speed, even at the QB position?

Borat!

Starter

#33 : July 29, 2011, 09:06:39 PM

No it isnt..

EPIC FAIL

\\\\\\\"...even if we win the SB not getting a few FAS with so many available was being pig headed and fanatical.\\\\\\\" - 4bucs

BuccaneersMagic1282

Starter

#34 : July 29, 2011, 09:07:46 PM

No it isnt..

Who gives a crap how mch attention ESPN gives us and how many Pro Bowlers we have? Oh lord, I really hope this post is sarcastic.

weston823

Second String

#35 : July 29, 2011, 09:08:35 PM

Are we to believe that there are no FA players on the market who are better than guys who are currently on the roster?  You do not have to be the Red Skins, but there should be some effort other than the draft to get better.  I hate Philly, but they do it right, the draft well but supplement their team with smart signings and trades.  Good footballs are built through the draft, great football teams supplement with FAs and trades.

Borat!

Starter

#36 : July 29, 2011, 09:11:39 PM

Are we to believe that there are no FA players on the market who are better than guys who are currently on the roster?  You do not have to be the Red Skins, but there should be some effort other than the draft to get better.  I hate Philly, but they do it right, the draft well but supplement their team with smart signings and trades.  Good footballs are built through the draft, great football teams supplement with FAs and trades.

And they are always a wildcard team that loses in the first round

\\\\\\\"...even if we win the SB not getting a few FAS with so many available was being pig headed and fanatical.\\\\\\\" - 4bucs

JDouble

Hall of Famer
#37 : July 29, 2011, 09:16:23 PM

I hate Philly, but they do it right,

Hows that? They suck at drafting corners so they sign Free agent CBs like Asante Samuel and Nnamdi and then pay them $10M-$12M a year? Now they are looking to trade Samuels just two years after getting him. Great example of how to do things.

anterrabae33

Hall of Famer

#38 : July 29, 2011, 09:17:02 PM

And they are always a wildcard team that loses in the first round

Actually good footballs are made in factories and out of leather.

ufojoe

Hall of Famer

#39 : July 29, 2011, 09:24:25 PM

I'm not sure if i'm being grouped by those proclaiming a "sky is falling mentality", nor do i care. Nowhere have i ever posted we should go on some crazy spending spree but there is/was an opportunity to improve the talent on this team right now and we prefer, for some odd reason, to take a wait and see approach.....specifically at the CB position, an approach i'm not fond of.

I think you fall into the category of a fan who thinks we're not that far off from being able to compete deep into the playoffs and a few key additions (Aso) would help us get there. I'm with you there.
I don't think we're that far off. Hopefully, we have our own Aso or J. Joseph on this team. But if not, we're wasting a year where we could really put the pedal to the metal and not screw up our
cap situation. It's a risk, IMO.

I can do nothing but trust Dom and Morris. I hope we pick up a few 2nd tier guys to help the rooks and youngsters out if they hit a wall.

dbucfan

Hall of Famer
#40 : July 29, 2011, 09:53:23 PM

Stephen Holder
Just had chat with Mark Dominik. He clarified that the per team salary cap minimum DOES NOT apply this year. So everyone calm down.
Really... how diametrically opposite is that from what I have read.  Have you confirmed the salary cap not being in place this year Hate?  Not questioning you, but Holder perhaps getting this wrong.  If this is true, for the second time this evening I am ill. 

\"A Great Coach has to have a Patient Wife, A Loyal Dog, and a Great Quarterback. . . . but not necessarily in that order\" ~ Coach Bud Grant

JDouble

Hall of Famer
#41 : July 29, 2011, 10:03:54 PM

http://www.tampabay.com/blogs/bucs/content/mark-dominik-clarifies-bucs-spending-salary-floor

ryan24

Hall of Famer

#42 : July 29, 2011, 10:27:31 PM

Stephen Holder
Just had chat with Mark Dominik. He clarified that the per team salary cap minimum DOES NOT apply this year. So everyone calm down.
Really... how diametrically opposite is that from what I have read.  Have you confirmed the salary cap not being in place this year Hate?  Not questioning you, but Holder perhaps getting this wrong.  If this is true, for the second time this evening I am ill.

There is a cap although there is some flexibility within it. The floor issue has been out there since this afternoon.

Happy and Peppy and Bursting with love.

GameTime

Hall of Famer
#43 : July 29, 2011, 10:39:39 PM

you know what stinks to me?  the coaches, FO, and players love this team.  but the fans dont.  they just want the splashy Free Agents.  they are blinded by the green grass.

that said, i would have loved asomugha, even at 14 mil.  but you know what?  the coaches love biggers and lewis.  so let the offseason fans whine and complain.  they will hop back on the bandwagon soon enough.

\"Lets put the O back in Country\"

JDouble

Hall of Famer
#44 : July 29, 2011, 10:42:17 PM

...and if Biggers, Lewis, or Gaitor don't work out, all these same guys will be screaming to sign some expensive FA CB next year....and we won't....we'll draft another CB to replace em....but these guys will still be all surprised and butt hurt about it.

Page: 1 2 3 4 5
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Well, this explains it...... « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools