Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Well, this explains it...... « previous next »
Page: 1 ... 3 4 5

awitron

Hall of Famer

« #60 : July 30, 2011, 01:20:20 AM »

And if we win, would that be enough for you?

Depends. If it is wins against teams like the Colts or the Packers or Falcons...that would be impressive. But I think that's unlikely since the Bucs could not beat those type of teams last year and we've made zero upgrades (other than punter). I dont think you can count Bowers or Clayborn as upgrades. They are rookies. They have not played a down in this league. And they have not had a full off-season to prepare.

Here is something to think about.... what areas are the Bucs better than the Falcons and Saints?

Aaron Rodgers is 0-2 career against the Bucs, why leave out the Saints who are more of your type of team(free agency spenders) and actually have a ring unlike the Falcons, and what does it matter with the Colts when the last time we played them was 07?

Not to mention every team you mentioned there is a build from within franchise which you seem to be so against with the Bucs.

These are my concerns about Schiano. He thinks hes the **CENSORED**, when really he is someone who couldn\'t win the Big East once in 10 years.

I said it before and I\'ll say it again, Josh Freeman is the only thing that can save this franchise from this dude. If he doesn\'t adjust his style AND Freeman cant win enough, we\'re going to be wondering who the next coach is going to be in 2 years.

PWNASAURUS

Starter

« #61 : July 30, 2011, 01:30:08 AM »

Cyber**CENSORED** is at it again. Always the pessimist.

Larry Brackins

Starter
« #62 : July 30, 2011, 02:04:58 AM »

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2011/07/30/per-team-spending-minimum-doesnt-apply-until-2013/

Yes, for 2011 and 2012 no minimum cash spending requirement applies on a per-team basis.  We were first alerted to this reality on Thursday morning, during a weekly segment with Steve Davis and Ed Norris of 105.7 the Fan in Baltimore.  Davis said that Ravens president **CENSORED** Cass had explained the situation in a recent on-air interview, and Davis forwarded the audio to us later in the day.

The summary of the final deal that we obtained on Monday confirms that, indeed, the “minimum team cash spend” applies on a four-year basis from 2013 through 2016, and from 2017 through 2020.  No minimum per-team expenditure applies for 2011 and 2012.

I wish I would have known this a week ago. I wouldn't have gotten my hopes up about free agency. You can't blame Dom for the lack of free agent activity, blame the Glazers.

#SaveUsJohnnyFootball

GameTime

Hall of Famer
« #63 : July 30, 2011, 06:42:03 AM »

Well said. When you have a chance at the best corner in the nfl, you do whatever you can to get him. If cb is a need.

Yea i'm sick of hearing '"he didn't want to come here" Well you make him come here. You make him a offer he can't turn down. I know Raheem could of landed him. I'm still mad about it. Disappointed. Very disappointed in Dom. He's better than the way he's performed this free agency.

chaz - what if dominik really wanted asomugha,  but morris didnt? 

\"Lets put the O back in Country\"

Skull and Bones

Hall of Famer

« #64 : July 30, 2011, 08:48:46 AM »

Well said. When you have a chance at the best corner in the nfl, you do whatever you can to get him. If cb is a need.

Yea i'm sick of hearing '"he didn't want to come here" Well you make him come here. You make him a offer he can't turn down. I know Raheem could of landed him. I'm still mad about it. Disappointed. Very disappointed in Dom. He's better than the way he's performed this free agency.

more than likely their hands were tied by the Glazers.  we have cheap owners.  it is what it is.  At least they will be forced to spend money in 2 years.

dbucfan

Hall of Famer
« #65 : July 30, 2011, 08:52:24 AM »

We have just as good of chance at getting to the super bowl as the eagles do, Aso would of had a better chance here because Freeman will play 16 games unlike vick.
i'm with you chaz......just made an Aso doll and stuck a big pin right up his azz.

Its not all about money with these cats Chaz.
With all but a very small percentage it is all about the money.  The guaranteed money. 

\"A Great Coach has to have a Patient Wife, A Loyal Dog, and a Great Quarterback. . . . but not necessarily in that order\" ~ Coach Bud Grant

Biggs3535

Hall of Famer
« #66 : July 30, 2011, 10:08:41 AM »

more than likely their hands were tied by the Glazers.  we have cheap owners.  it is what it is.  At least they will be forced to spend money in 2 years.

So they weren't cheap enough to give a JAG Guard $52M, but they are too cheap to give arguably the best CB in the league $60M?

Can we move on from this bad logic?  They are spending money, just doing it stupidly.  Kinda like Allen did with Garner, Steussie, Deese, etc..

4bucs

Hall of Famer
« #67 : July 30, 2011, 10:27:01 AM »

[/quote]

So they weren't cheap enough to give a JAG Guard $52M, but they are too cheap to give arguably the best CB in the league $60M?

Can we move on from this bad logic?  They are spending money, just doing it stupidly.  Kinda like Allen did with Garner, Steussie, Deese, etc..
[/quote]hit the nail on the head......absolutely right.

JDouble

Hall of Famer
« #68 : July 30, 2011, 10:28:57 AM »

Spending their money on their own guys is stupid?

Skull and Bones

Hall of Famer

« #69 : July 30, 2011, 10:45:44 AM »

they could of done both but OG is more of a necessity in the organization's mind than CB.

ufojoe

Hall of Famer

« #70 : July 30, 2011, 11:39:34 AM »

If, in Biggs' mind or the mind of another Bucs 'fan, those players didn't deserve that kind of money and other players were available for the same or less and were better? Then, yes, stupid money.

I can understand why some feel like Biggs and I can understand why some feel like JD.

For me personally, I'll let the coaches decide who is and isn't worthy of a new contract and staying with the team. Really nothing else I can do.

I think if we upgrade on a few positions and add depth, we can go deep into the playoffs THIS year. Why wait?

BucBalla85

Hall of Famer

« #71 : July 30, 2011, 11:41:43 AM »

If, in Biggs' mind or the mind of another Bucs 'fan, those players didn't deserve that kind of money and other players were available for the same or less and were better? Then, yes, stupid money.

I can understand why some feel like Biggs and I can understand why some feel like JD.

For me personally, I'll let the coaches decide who is and isn't worthy of a new contract and staying with the team. Really nothing else I can do.

I think if we upgrade on a few positions and add depth, we can go deep into the playoffs THIS year. Why wait?

You mean whining and complaining doesnt do anything?? Wow... Learn something every day.
  Page: 1 ... 3 4 5
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Well, this explains it...... « previous next »
:  

Hide Tools Show Tools