Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  Pirate's Cove (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: LGBT History Month???? « previous next »
Page: 1 ... 3 4 5

Biggs3535

Hall of Famer
#60 : August 01, 2011, 07:51:35 PM

I am opposed to all these XXX history months. If all these groups want to be treated equally and fairly, then the last thing they should want is a month devoted to proving that they are different.

The thing that SHOULD be taught is tolerance and acceptance of everyone. What should be emphasized is accepting people as unique individuals, not as members of some group.

+1 Billion.

Chief Joseph

User is banned from postingMuted
Hall of Famer

#61 : August 01, 2011, 08:08:09 PM

Don't worry, there's still plenty of room to teach hatred at home, and Sunday School.

Illuminator is a good poster. He sticks to his guns and makes good points. Some don\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\'t like that.

BucsGuru

Hall of Famer
#62 : August 01, 2011, 08:46:36 PM

It's not to beat a dead horse John, but you have to agree this agenda is far more reaching than simple acceptance or equality.

Illuminator, it is not hate brother, it is opinion, and this is most definitely an opiononated group of people.  I swear it is not personal...

It is rare for me to even visit the site anymore due to the reactions from others.  There are still a few around here who I have always enjoyed talking with, even if we don't agree; Illuminator and JG are a couple of these guys.  Even old UFOJoe, although I secretly think he has come to my town and planned my murder!!

DailyRich

Pro Bowler

#63 : August 01, 2011, 09:18:59 PM

White males have had a good four or five hundred years in the spotlight.  I'm not opposed to giving some other groups a month here and there.

Col. Klink

Pro Bowler

#64 : August 01, 2011, 09:21:30 PM

It's not to beat a dead horse John, but you have to agree this agenda is far more reaching than simple acceptance or equality.
"Far more reaching" in what way? Do you think the LGBT consortium has some kind of Sharia-like law they're going to spring on us when they take over the country? What beyond equality and simple acceptance do you think they're after .... are we back to your parents' fears of the mall drop off??

Illuminator, it is not hate brother, it is opinion, and this is most definitely an opiononated group of people. I swear it is not personal
For the record, hate IS an opinion ...

anterrabae33

Hall of Famer

#65 : August 01, 2011, 09:26:00 PM

So if we don't want to force homosexual education on our children, can we take "one nation under God" out of the Pledge of Allegiance to not force a religion on our children? Take PE away to not force a lifestyle on our children? Take math away to not force boredom on our children?

DailyRich

Pro Bowler

#66 : August 01, 2011, 09:28:41 PM

"Far more reaching" in what way? Do you think the LGBT consortium has some kind of Sharia-like law they're going to spring on us when they take over the country? What beyond equality and simple acceptance do you think they're after .... are we back to your parents' fears of the mall drop off??

Yeah, I mean, I thought it was the Christians that wanted to convert everybody.
Page: 1 ... 3 4 5
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  Pirate's Cove (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: LGBT History Month???? « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools