Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Free Agent Bargains Left (In areas of need) « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4

Naismith

Hall of Famer

#15 : July 30, 2011, 11:30:38 AM

I honestly love our current roster, I would like to see Jason Snelling or Brandon Jackson brought in.  I back that can catch the ball out of the backfield.  I would like to see Jamaal Anderson brought in.  hear me out on this one.   Yes hes underperformed dramatically.  However, hes young.  And he can bring a lot of depth as he played both end and tackle last season over in ATL.  I could see if brought in raheem try to stand him up at times like he did Stylez.  Yes stylez was unsuccessful but he didnt have the speed or quickness that Anderson has.  He also may have a chip on his shoulder for those ATL games.

LOL, I believe that most RBs, if given the chance to be featured, could put up big numbers. Brandon Jackson has proven to be the exception to the rule. :)

I wouldn't mind seeing Snelling because he's a good RB and it hurts the Falcons. I also like Hightower as I said above, but I wouldn't think Arizona would let him get away. I'd be very happy with Caddy returning to his role from last year as well.

Anderson would be a fun, cheap project because if he turns into a productive player, again, it hurts the Falcons and that brings me joy.

There\'s a very real chance the Bucs waive [Revis] before next season. At the very least, it will be a discussion worth having.

Pepsi

Hall of Famer
#16 : July 30, 2011, 11:34:27 AM

Yea Brandon Jackson is pretty bad. He was low on their depth chart a few years ago and got the chance to take over due to injuries. He was not good at all. Every run was like 2 yards.. Leron McClain is a definite upgrade. Too bad I'm reading he's likely going to the Chiefs.

1Va bucsfan

Hall of Famer
#17 : July 30, 2011, 11:37:56 AM

Jackson went to CLE.

\\\"The guy who invented the first wheel was an idiot, the guy who invented the other three, he was a genius

BTownBucFan

Hall of Famer
#18 : July 30, 2011, 11:47:22 AM

I disagree safety is not a need. Jackson can not be counted on. Jones is a stop gap and I am not sold on Grimm. He played well last year considering but I feel he could be exploited this year. Whitner is an upgrade over Jones to me and could help if he is cheap.

They won't add another vet at Safety and sacrifice a young one ... after all, that is our plan isn't it? 

As for Sims, he may be no better than Hayes in the end but I would like to see someone challenge for the WILL. Hayes could use competition and again, if its cheap who cares? We wouldn't be breaking the bank.

But that isn't what they want to do at the LB position.  They've said it several times already.  They want to get bigger.  Adding a semi-clone of Hayes doesn't sound like the path they want to go down.

tatmanfish

Hall of Famer

#19 : July 30, 2011, 12:25:52 PM

McClain would solve a lot of goal line/short yardage problems, be a better blocker than Graham, and provide the offense with a new dimension. He has been under used in Baltimore.

Quote from: Illuminator
You were simply too smart for me.

notabucsfan

Hall of Famer

#20 : July 30, 2011, 12:27:30 PM

Lawrence Vickers and I think we resign Caddy

Bucman

Hall of Famer
#21 : July 30, 2011, 12:29:28 PM

McClain would solve a lot of goal line/short yardage problems, be a better blocker than Graham, and provide the offense with a new dimension. He has been under used in Baltimore.
It would make too much sense to sign him or Vickers. I don't see why they like Lorig so much. Move Graham back to RB and bring 1 of the 2 in.

Naismith

Hall of Famer

#22 : July 30, 2011, 12:35:54 PM

It would make too much sense to sign him or Vickers. I don't see why they like Lorig so much. Move Graham back to RB and bring 1 of the 2 in.

I thought Lorig played well last year, especially considering he was a defensive player the year before. I wouldn't mind bringing in McClain, though, since he can play both positions.

There\'s a very real chance the Bucs waive [Revis] before next season. At the very least, it will be a discussion worth having.

Wooderson

Practice Squad

#23 : July 30, 2011, 12:37:51 PM

I disagree safety is not a need. Jackson can not be counted on. Jones is a stop gap and I am not sold on Grimm. He played well last year considering but I feel he could be exploited this year. Whitner is an upgrade over Jones to me and could help if he is cheap.

They won't add another vet at Safety and sacrifice a young one ... after all, that is our plan isn't it? 

As for Sims, he may be no better than Hayes in the end but I would like to see someone challenge for the WILL. Hayes could use competition and again, if its cheap who cares? We wouldn't be breaking the bank.

But that isn't what they want to do at the LB position.  They've said it several times already.  They want to get bigger.  Adding a semi-clone of Hayes doesn't sound like the path they want to go down.

I understand your points, but IF these guys can be had at a bargain then our investment is minimal (maybe that is a big IF) and it allows us to get some competition at areas where we are seemingly going to stand pat. If we are going to start Sean Jones, how aren't we sacrificing youth as it is? I am not implying we cut youth on our roster for Whitner. I say lets those two vets battle it out in training camp and may the best man win. Unless we are going to start youth, why does it matter which vet they play behind. We have the cap space and if we only keep one vet anyhow, why not give Jones some competition? Just my two cents...

JC5100

Hall of Famer

#24 : July 30, 2011, 12:45:09 PM

Diles signed with the Rams

The Franchi5e

Pro Bowler

#25 : July 30, 2011, 12:48:20 PM

I think we've completely handed over the keys to Blount and are content with Lumpkin, Bradford and Madu or the other undrafted rookie as our backups since they won't really take any carries away from Blount. Don't think we'll sign a vet back up unless it's Caddy. Snelling, McClain and Kevin Smith would all demand a share of the carries most likely. I like what I see with Lumpkin and I love what I've seen from Bradford in college, but I'll have to wait and see how he looks out there in training camp.

Safety is definitely not an area of need at all. I think Ahmad Black will be one of the best playmaking safetys in the league very quickly, Grimm is maybe the best tackler on the whole team, Larry Asante has a ton of potential, Sean Jones is solid for the time being and then we have Tanard coming back, who in case any of you forgot was one of the best up and coming safetys in the league til he got suspended. Cory Lynch will probably be kept around as well for being a great special teams player. Sean Jones will probably be cut as soon as Tanard is ready to go.

Corner is the only thing I'm worried about if Talib's suspended. The only guy we'd have behind Myron, Biggers and Ronde would be Gaitor. Now we're left with no clear upgrades on the market and a guy like Fabian Washington would do more harm then good. If you guys don't want playmakers like Asante and Cromartie on this team because they can't tackle you sure as hell don't want Washington. Both of them are 10 times the player he is and he's just as bad at tackling.

Lawrence Vickers would be a good add though. Seems like Cleveland has had a different 1000 yard rusher every year him blocking.

Wooderson

Practice Squad

#26 : July 30, 2011, 12:54:35 PM

I am glad to see all of you are so sold on this group of safety's. I am just not. Hopefully you all are right. Either way, this made for some good conversation this morning.

jcaulfield8

Second String

#27 : July 30, 2011, 12:57:28 PM

Can someone update me on michael bush's status. I cant remember if he was restricted  unrestricted. I also dont know if he has resigned anywhere yet or not

dalbuc

Hall of Famer

#28 : July 30, 2011, 12:58:55 PM

Can someone update me on michael bush's status. I cant remember if he was restricted  unrestricted. I also dont know if he has resigned anywhere yet or not

Restricted.

All posts are opinions in case you are too stupid to figure that out on your own without me saying it over and over.

jcaulfield8

Second String

#29 : July 30, 2011, 12:59:20 PM

Restricted.

thx
Page: 1 2 3 4
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Free Agent Bargains Left (In areas of need) « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools