Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: I am seriously considering boycotting the Glazers this year « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4 5 ... 8

Bschucher

Hall of Famer
#30 : July 30, 2011, 12:33:50 PM

While i'm frustrated with the current events, this is MY team.... and i ain't going anywhere. Headed over to practice in a bit.

Updates please for those of us to far away to attend.  :D

notabucsfan

Hall of Famer

#31 : July 30, 2011, 12:34:20 PM

While i'm frustrated with the current events, this is MY team.... and i ain't going anywhere. Headed over to practice in a bit.

I agree and I am a little frustrated also but our FO seems to content with what they have at each position and they don't want to take any playing time away from anybody on our team becasue a lot of players have tons of potential.

BucBalla85

Hall of Famer

#32 : July 30, 2011, 12:34:48 PM

Updates please for those of us to far away to attend.  :D

Yes.. Second this.

nubcake

Hall of Famer

#33 : July 30, 2011, 12:35:50 PM

Beatles123

Hall of Famer

#34 : July 30, 2011, 12:36:30 PM

I don't wanna see you go...We've been through worse as a team. Honestly the owners should not dictate if you love the bucs or not. is that what drives you? Do you really care about the owners more than the actual staff? Look, we  went 0-16...we have had blunders...but we never, NEVER gave up on our bucs, and things are BRIGHTER than then! C'mon man..your emottions are just high because you are passionate right now. The season will be fun...you'll see.

I'm a southerner too and I approve this message
: July 30, 2011, 12:38:36 PM Beatles123

This space for rent....*sigh* I trusted you coach.

bashear

Hall of Famer

#35 : July 30, 2011, 12:40:24 PM

I remember my personal boycott of Culverhouse when we didn't offer enough to Doug Williams and he walked. To me, Culverhouse was the cheap guy--uninterested in fielding a winning team--that several here consider the Glazers to be. There's too much evidence that the Glazers are interested in building a team that is a threat to go deep in the playoffs on an annual basis. Of course, some here look at what's happening and believe they have evidence that the Glazers are uninterested in spending money to win.

The proof in the pudding will be keeping the current young, talented players that came to us cheaply relative to their abilities, such as Blount, Williams, Grimm. We finally have some real talent that deserves to be paid good money. Should we see those guys, along with other deserving guys, signed away from the team, then I will entertain the idea that the "Glazers are cheap" gang were right all along. Until then, I will continue to enjoy the young talent we are accumulating.

Perhaps it is time for you to step away, alldaway. You are singularly focused on your belief the Glazers are the root of all evil (of a team that went from 3-13 to 10-6). Based on your posts, I have to believe that your life would improve if you did. Why waste your time on something that obviously makes you unhappy?
: July 30, 2011, 12:42:49 PM bashear

Beatles123

Hall of Famer

#36 : July 30, 2011, 12:44:25 PM

Bashear, while I deeply understand your post, I'll be damned if another fan quits on us before I have a chance to talk to him. I love this team too much to not help others see what I see.

Alldaway, PM me bro, I'll let you freaking Cry on my shoulder if i must, but we can work this out.

alldaway

Hall of Famer

#37 : July 30, 2011, 12:44:44 PM

Same argument was used a while back "must save cap space to re-sign Joseph, Trueblood, Ruud, etc"

Well, there are three factors at play which make that argument weak:

1.  We don't know if these young guys will pan out and be worth re-signing
2.  The cap increases are not easy to gauge annually, so whatever they project now, is merely a CONSERVATIVE estimate.  For those do not follow, the Bucs will have plenty of cap space for Freeman, Blount, Williams, etc
3.  The current largest cap space holders will more than likely be OFF the roster by the time the young guys will be rewarded.

/end of rant

bashear

Hall of Famer

#38 : July 30, 2011, 12:45:55 PM

/end of rant
I doubt that.

Skull and Bones

Hall of Famer

#39 : July 30, 2011, 12:46:22 PM

40 posts in 35 minutes.  sweet.

AKA T.Calvin

Starter

#40 : July 30, 2011, 12:48:59 PM

/end of rant
I doubt that.
lol

alldaway

Hall of Famer

#41 : July 30, 2011, 12:50:44 PM

40 posts in 35 minutes.  sweet.

Darth Patrick McIrish was my teacher.

bashear

Hall of Famer

#42 : July 30, 2011, 12:51:21 PM

Bashear, while I deeply understand your post, I'll be damned if another fan quits on us before I have a chance to talk to him. I love this team too much to not help others see what I see.

Alldaway, PM me bro, I'll let you freaking Cry on my shoulder if i must, but we can work this out.
Oh, I don't mean to encourage him to quit, just take some time off from avidly following the team and posting here. He's already thinking of disengaging from the Bucs, and I suspect he already knows it would be a good idea. I took time off, followed the Bucs less fanatically, then came back when the Bucs changed ownership.

T.I. McCrown: King of the South

Starter
#43 : July 30, 2011, 12:51:47 PM

I lol'd hard.

Beatles123

Hall of Famer

#44 : July 30, 2011, 12:52:33 PM

You're right, we dont know, alldaway...but i wouldn't miss finding out for the world. You shouldn't either.

Page: 1 2 3 4 5 ... 8
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: I am seriously considering boycotting the Glazers this year « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools