Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: 2011 Bucs sleepers « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4

Bschucher

Hall of Famer
#30 : July 30, 2011, 11:11:49 PM

Cody Grimm

How can a guy who was a starter and seemed to be very good be sleeper in camp this year?

Oh, this post wanted the sleepers for camp? (LOL)... I think maybe you need to read through the heading for this again. It reads "2011 Bucs Sleepers" I think thats a pretty general question, and would encompass the games played during the 2011 year. Ordinarily I wouldn't point out how dumb for something minor like that, but you are talking about Cody Grimm who is my sleeper for impact player of 2011

OK great. I still dont see how he qualifies as a sleeper. Isn't a sleeper someone you normally wouldn't expect big things from and then surprises? This kid was starting and excelling at his position prior to injury. I was already expecting a nice year from Grimm... Sleeper for me would be.....Price coming off a bad injury

for US maybe... but on the national level, Cody Grimm is still a sleeper. So there's half an argument here. Its a push ;)

Fair enough.  ;D

Lord Bortles

Hall of Famer

#31 : July 30, 2011, 11:21:22 PM

Ryan Sims.

Is he even still on our team?

Jock Sanders can definitely bring us something we haven't had before. He's basically what we signed Preston Parker for last season. I think this guy can be a better overall player than Sproles and Reggie Bush. I've never seen someone like that making fingertip catches in traffic.
If not Ryan Sims, then definitely Chris Hovan.

Hovan all the way. Good choice.

Are you guys insane? Booger Mcfarland is the man.

RD 1) QB B. Bortles/ T. Bridgewater/ J. Manziel
RD 2) WR Kelvin Benjamin/ A. Robinson/ D. Adams/ M. Lee/
RD 3) OG D. Dozier/ C. Richardson/
RD 5) WR D. Archer/ J. Huff/ M. Davis/ TJ Jones/ R Grant
RD 6) OLB P Shembo/ R. Powell/ - DE A. Lynch/ M Sam  RD 7) G B. Thomas (injured)

JavaRay

User is banned from postingMuted
Hall of Famer

#32 : July 30, 2011, 11:37:37 PM

Rudy Carpenter.   I look for him to get a lot of starts this year.

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer
#33 : July 31, 2011, 12:10:12 AM

Based on what?

Your desire for Freeman to get hurt?  Your desire for Freeman to fail?

You are a **CENSORED**stain.

1sparkybuc

Hall of Famer
#34 : July 31, 2011, 12:30:50 AM

George Johnson

alexmcd5

Practice Squad
#35 : July 31, 2011, 12:32:22 AM

Are you just that upset that Freeman proved you wrong?

Anyway, to answer the question, I'd say Cody Grimm on a national level and with casual fans.  But as far as people who follow the team closely and already know about Grimm, I'll pick EJ Biggers to have a great year and emerge even more than he did last year.  Always liked the kid.

4bucs

Hall of Famer

#36 : July 31, 2011, 12:24:35 PM

Webber if he makes the team.....but if they put him on the practice team he'll be snatched in a ny minute.....Webber will be the steal in the whole NFL  this year......we really struck gold.

leeroybuc93

Hall of Famer
#37 : July 31, 2011, 12:46:09 PM

Geno Hayes. He's about to have a pro bowl caliber year.

JavaRay

User is banned from postingMuted
Hall of Famer

#38 : July 31, 2011, 01:05:56 PM

Freeman proved you wrong?

Actually, Freeman proved me right.    I called the pick of Freeman prior to that draft and also called that it was the "only" sensible pick for the Bucs.

The ones who were proven wrong by Freeman were guys like Uncle Stan, Cheveliar and Hate.   They were all upset by the pick.

bucfan33

Pro Bowler
#39 : July 31, 2011, 01:14:44 PM

Webber if he makes the team.....but if they put him on the practice team he'll be snatched in a ny minute.....Webber will be the steal in the whole NFL  this year......we really struck gold.
[/quote}

Don't want to get too far ahead of ourselves, but after seeing Webber yesterday I agree that he appears to have the "IT' factor and could turn out to be another steal for the Bucs!

Pepsi

Hall of Famer
#40 : July 31, 2011, 01:31:39 PM

Briscoe

anterrabae33

Hall of Famer

#41 : July 31, 2011, 01:38:53 PM

Koenen

Havok904

Starter

#42 : July 31, 2011, 01:59:00 PM

My choice is Victor Aiyewa, a undrafted free agent LB out of Washington

Zsnore

User is on moderator watch listWatched
Pro Bowler
#43 : July 31, 2011, 02:22:21 PM

^^You ask me somewhere else Java, what was trolling. That is trolling. Making a wild off the wall statement that 99% of the people don't want to hear, just cause it will get people to react. So you are a troll, A troll, TROLL,TROLL. What bridge are you under? Gandy, Courtney Cambell, the Howard Franklin, or the Sunshine Skyway, you troll little man you.

This is what I think about the Glazers being cheap...

JDouble

Hall of Famer
#44 : July 31, 2011, 02:39:16 PM

Victor Aiyewa does look explosive Havok....but he's undersized. Intriguing though.

I'm gonna go with Raymond Webber. I don't know if he's a "sleeper" because if there aren't major injuries he probably wont get to play much, but I think he'll take Parker's roster spot. He looked impressive at camp, everyone seems to agree on that, but what I think stands out is that he is 6'3" 220lbs and blocks really well. If you watch his youtube video, right around the 5:00 mark it starts showing his blocking highlights and he really works hard down field for the RB. That really fits the mold here. Williams and Benn are hard working blockers. Briscoe is not and I think it's going to hurt him on this team.

Anyway, I think Webber makes the roster and contributes. Not really a sleeper, but quite an accomplishment for an undrafted guy from a small school.

: July 31, 2011, 02:53:05 PM JDouble

Draft Aaron Donald

Page: 1 2 3 4
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: 2011 Bucs sleepers « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools