Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: 2011 Bucs sleepers « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4

ufojoe

Hall of Famer

#45 : July 31, 2011, 02:50:47 PM

If not Ryan Sims, then definitely Chris Hovan.

Hovan IS available so you never know...

bucsfan524

Rookie
#46 : July 31, 2011, 03:09:23 PM

The receiver from Pine Bluff!

GameChanger

Rookie

#47 : July 31, 2011, 03:15:13 PM

In terms of starters that I think will catch everyone off guard, I am going to say Tyrone McKenzie. I feel like this guy is going to make people forget about Barrett Ruud pretty quickly. He was showing that leadership capability in getting everyone ready for Freeman's mini-camp. He went to Nebraska to talk to Ruud about the assignments in the defense. I really like the work ethic that he has put forth into the team. Seems really motivated to be a Buccaneer.

Now, as it goes for Training Camp, I really think this Raymond Webber guy will be a potential roster spot as well as Jock Sanders. I think both could take Parker and Stroughter's positions. Sammie is in a potential 'go big or go home' season with the Buccaneers.

JDouble

Hall of Famer
#48 : July 31, 2011, 03:27:21 PM

I agree 100% on McKenzie. I was just saying in another thread, I think he'll get the nod to start the season and the plan might be to work Foster in when he's ready....but I think once McKenzie gets the starting position he will end up being too good to replace. If so it'll be interesting to see what we end up doing with Foster....but I think McKenzie is the real deal. If I'm picking a starter to be the biggest surprise it would definitely be McKenzie.

Pepsi

Hall of Famer
#49 : July 31, 2011, 03:27:44 PM

I like Webber but I don't think he'll be higher on the depth chart than Briscoe, and Both Parker and Stroughter are in a different mold of WR, I would be upset to see them go but I not everyone can stay on the team..

Pepsi

Hall of Famer
#50 : July 31, 2011, 03:30:42 PM

I agree 100% on McKenzie. I was just saying in another thread, I think he'll get the nod to start the season and the plan might be to work Foster in when he's ready....but I think once McKenzie gets the starting position he will end up being too good to replace. If so it'll be interesting to see what we end up doing with Foster....but I think McKenzie is the real deal. If I'm picking a starter to be the biggest surprise it would definitely be McKenzie.

I would be happy either way but I have a feeling about Foster playing MLB, and playing it good.

JDouble

Hall of Famer
#51 : July 31, 2011, 03:33:42 PM

I would be happy either way but I have a feeling about Foster playing MLB, and playing it good.

Well personally I'd like to see McKenzie at Will, Foster at Mike, and Black at Sam with Hayes, Hayward, and Watson as our back ups. Hayes is only 23 and could possible grow into a great starter, but after two years of starting he is still too inconsistant and probably would not be starting on any other roster in the NFL. He would make a great back up though and might develop into a start eventually.

Foster might not be quite ready, but Brooks lead the defense from the OLB position for years so I don't see why McKenzie couldn't do the same from the Will....at least until Foster is ready to.

GameChanger

Rookie

#52 : July 31, 2011, 03:49:01 PM

That would be a great problem to have! You can never have enough good depth! I really think McKenzie takes this defense by the horns and makes it a lot tougher to run up the middle. I loved what little action he saw last year and really think he could be better this year. Foster would fit a lot better in Geno Hayes position if you ask me. Geno was always hit or miss and I think with Foster we could see a more safe but productive approach at WLB. Foster, McKenzie and Black is not a half bad rotation at LB.

Detrimental

Hall of Famer

#53 : July 31, 2011, 03:57:48 PM

How did Victor Aiyewa not get drafted? I wonder what his story is.

Zsnore

User is on moderator watch listWatched
Pro Bowler
#54 : July 31, 2011, 04:37:00 PM

My choice is Victor Aiyewa, a undrafted free agent LB out of Washington

Damn he plays angry! Look at him mean mug'n it here: http://www.gohuskies.com/sports/m-footbl/mtt/aiyewa_victor00.html

This is what I think about the Glazers being cheap...

Havok904

Starter

#55 : July 31, 2011, 05:42:28 PM

Bad numbers at the combines. His 40 times and speed drills were really bad due to the fact he was coming off of a groin injury.
But benched 225 30 times...

He is a 'tweener being 6'0 231lb. fast enough for safety but strong enough for LB. He played both at Washington.

He puts people to sleep...

mrchillwill

Pro Bowler

#56 : July 31, 2011, 05:52:55 PM

Victor Aiyewa does look explosive Havok....but he's undersized. Intriguing though.

I'm gonna go with Raymond Webber. I don't know if he's a "sleeper" because if there aren't major injuries he probably wont get to play much, but I think he'll take Parker's roster spot. He looked impressive at camp, everyone seems to agree on that, but what I think stands out is that he is 6'3" 220lbs and blocks really well. If you watch his youtube video, right around the 5:00 mark it starts showing his blocking highlights and he really works hard down field for the RB. That really fits the mold here. Williams and Benn are hard working blockers. Briscoe is not and I think it's going to hurt him on this team.

Anyway, I think Webber makes the roster and contributes. Not really a sleeper, but quite an accomplishment for an undrafted guy from a small school.

Briscoe does block good

JDouble

Hall of Famer
#57 : July 31, 2011, 06:00:07 PM

Bad numbers at the combines. His 40 times and speed drills were really bad due to the fact he was coming off of a groin injury.
But benched 225 30 times...

He is a 'tweener being 6'0 231lb. fast enough for safety but strong enough for LB. He played both at Washington.

He puts people to sleep...

Everything I see has him at 219lbs....probably why he didn't get drafted.

The Franchi5e

Pro Bowler

#58 : July 31, 2011, 06:43:54 PM

With the way Raheem talks about him I think Derrell Smith might make a big impact.
Page: 1 2 3 4
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: 2011 Bucs sleepers « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools