Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Devine Waived « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer
#15 : July 30, 2011, 10:27:15 PM

He ran the 40 in 4.26-4.35 I say sign the dude he has unbelievable balance. Reminds me of a quicker Warrik Dune
Why, because he has no fear of running right between the guards like Dunn did?

Dunn was a little might mouse man.  He would try to run through you more often than given credit for.  Not too many small'ish backs have the huevos to do that.

bucinnj

Hall of Famer

#16 : July 30, 2011, 10:29:06 PM

I'm stunned.  Why can't this guy with Barry Sanders-like moves stick with a team?
Its not like being waived means that he's useless, amiright LaGarrette?

Maybe, but at least Blount made it though the first couple days of practice.

Eagles are moving and shaking though.
Lots of names coming and going.
Plus they are picking up backs left and right.
They've got a solid roster which makes it harder for UDFA's to make the cut.

Turn the page.

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer
#17 : July 30, 2011, 10:31:08 PM

Asante Samuel, DRC, and Nnamdi...

Jesus.

dbucfan

Hall of Famer
#18 : July 30, 2011, 10:34:24 PM

Jesus.
Greedy bastards...

\"A Great Coach has to have a Patient Wife, A Loyal Dog, and a Great Quarterback. . . . but not necessarily in that order\" ~ Coach Bud Grant

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer
#19 : July 30, 2011, 10:38:02 PM

Jesus.
Greedy bastards...
Looks like they will be back to blitzing non-stop again...

mgchat76

Pro Bowler
#20 : July 30, 2011, 10:39:41 PM

Bring him in, it's a no lose situation.

Fitz66

Hall of Famer

#21 : July 30, 2011, 11:53:27 PM

I'm stunned.  Why can't this guy with Barry Sanders-like moves stick with a team?
Its not like being waived means that he's useless, amiright LaGarrette?

Maybe, but at least Blount made it though the first couple days of practice.

Eagles are moving and shaking though.
Lots of names coming and going.
Plus they are picking up backs left and right.
They've got a solid roster which makes it harder for UDFA's to make the cut.

That and he would have been the 4th back - all of which are roughly the same build - LeSean McCoy (5'10, 188 (the beast of the group)), Dion Lewis (5'7, 190), Derrick Locke (5'8, 185)

www.Atlbucs.com
Facebook:  Atl Bucs

alexmcd5

Practice Squad
#22 : July 31, 2011, 12:53:50 AM

I actually went to high school with Noel and my roomate played with him.  I would like to see him succeed but I always thought Philly was a bad fit.  He'll be a great kick returner but I don't see much else in his future.  With our amazing return unit, he would be a great fit here with his speed.  However, guys like Preston Parker, Sammie Stroughter, and especially Michael Spurlock seem to have that position on lock.

wolfet

Pro Bowler
#23 : July 31, 2011, 01:03:15 AM

Did the Phillies front office start making moves for the Eagles? 

Pepsi

Hall of Famer
#24 : July 31, 2011, 01:36:41 AM

He ran the 40 in 4.26-4.35 I say sign the dude he has unbelievable balance. Reminds me of a quicker Warrik Dune
Why, because he has no fear of running right between the guards like Dunn did?

Dunn was a little might mouse man.  He would try to run through you more often than given credit for.  Not too many small'ish backs have the huevos to do that.

Well actually yea... I don't think Devine would be afraid to run between the guards at all if thats what the play was. He's a little mighty mouse too. He's very small but he'd be one of the strongest players on the field everytime he's out there.

If we brought him here it might mean he'd be in direct competition with Jock Sanders, his former teammate.

I'm not so sure about trying out these type of players for us anyway. I love their style of play and want to see them succeed but I don't think it's a great mix with the tallest QB in the league.

thesouth

Practice Squad

#25 : July 31, 2011, 06:04:00 AM

Definetly in need for a back of his skill set. Obviously his size raises some doubts, and the fact the Eagles unloaded him so quickly.

anterrabae33

Hall of Famer

#26 : July 31, 2011, 09:31:27 AM

Free agent RB Noel Devine reportedly "walked out" on the Eagles.
Devine was waived on Saturday, but apparently "left the squad on his own." If true, it would raise an immediate red flag for any potential future suitors. The deck is already stacked against the under-sized (5-foot-8, 170 pounds) back, so it would be a shame if he gave teams another serious reason to overlook him.

SWAGGARRR

Hall of Famer

#27 : July 31, 2011, 09:32:20 AM

Devine walked out of camp on his own...

http://rotoworld.com/player/nfl/6520/noel-devine

Illibuc

Second String

#28 : July 31, 2011, 10:35:42 AM

I bet they hazed the **CENSORED** out of him. If it is true and he did walk out, he just took any chance of playing in the NFL and threw it away. The cards were already stacked against him making a team and now it just got a LOT harder.

SWAGGARRR

Hall of Famer

#29 : July 31, 2011, 10:42:51 AM

I bet they hazed the **CENSORED** out of him. If it is true and he did walk out, he just took any chance of playing in the NFL and threw it away. The cards were already stacked against him making a team and now it just got a LOT harder.
I take it you're not familiar with Bo Jackson?

Originally drafted by the Bucs and did not sign... The following year he was drafted by the Raiders and went on to have a Hall of Fame career...

I'm sure a team will scoop him up...

Page: 1 2 3
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Devine Waived « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools