Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Devine Waived « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3

Illibuc

Second String

#30 : July 31, 2011, 10:48:02 AM

Totally forgot about Bo. Great comparison. (sarcasm)
: July 31, 2011, 10:54:13 AM ugojoe_76

anterrabae33

Hall of Famer

#31 : July 31, 2011, 10:53:11 AM

Bo Jackson was DRAFTED number ONE overall by an NFL team.
Noel Devine went undrafted and even selected his team.
These situations are not the same.

SWAGGARRR

Hall of Famer

#32 : July 31, 2011, 10:57:35 AM

The point is he DIDN'T SIGN WITH DRAFTED TEAM and was still drafted the following year... Teams didn't pass him up again... Devine walked out of a team that was stacked at the RB spot... I'm sure his chances of finding another team will be fine... There's no risk of a team bringing him in for camp... So if you guys believe he has hurt his chances of finding another team you are complete idiots...
: July 31, 2011, 11:08:46 AM Bucweiser

anterrabae33

Hall of Famer

#33 : July 31, 2011, 11:15:44 AM

The point is he DIDN'T SIGN WITH DRAFTED TEAM and was still drafted the following year... Teams didn't pass him up again... Devine walked out of a team that was stacked at the RB spot... I'm sure his chances of finding another team will be fine... There's no risk of a team bringing him in for camp... So if you guys believe he has hurt his chances of finding another team you are complete idiots...

What? Jackson didn't want to play for the Bucs but they selected him anyway. He had no choice.
Devine specifically picked the Eagles. He HAD a choice and walked out on the team after agreeing to a contract.
Will he find another team? Probably. Will teams be wary of him? Absolutely. Try making sense next time you accuse others of being idiots.

tbucsfan56

Second String

#34 : July 31, 2011, 11:16:58 AM

I have watched Noel all 4 years at WVU and while I don't feel he is a full time running back for the NFL I could see him as a punt or kickoff returner or a third down reciever. He has good hands and will give any linebacker or d-back hell in the open field. I hope Tampa will give him a look.

Naismith

Hall of Famer

#35 : July 31, 2011, 11:30:04 AM

if you guys believe he has hurt his chances of finding another team you are complete idiots...

Maybe we are idiots, but I just don't feel like he has helped his chances. :)

There\'s a very real chance the Bucs waive [Revis] before next season. At the very least, it will be a discussion worth having.

Mic

Starter

#36 : August 10, 2011, 08:47:03 PM

Is he still out there?

gillen033

Starter

#37 : August 10, 2011, 08:51:01 PM

Does it matter? I would be surprised if we picked up a scat back. I think it's clear this organization prefers big bruisers over smaller, quicker guys, and I'm okay with seeing how that works out.

Blaze688

Hall of Famer

#38 : August 10, 2011, 09:05:29 PM

I bet they hazed the **CENSORED** out of him. If it is true and he did walk out, he just took any chance of playing in the NFL and threw it away. The cards were already stacked against him making a team and now it just got a LOT harder.
I take it you're not familiar with Bo Jackson?

Originally drafted by the Bucs and did not sign... The following year he was drafted by the Raiders and went on to have a Hall of Fame career...

I'm sure a team will scoop him up...

Let me clear something up.

Bo Jackson did not have a Hall of Fame career.  He has some pretty highlights, but when TJ Duckett smokes you in production, you're not getting into the Hall.  Seriously, if Jamaal Charles retired after this season, it'd be the equivalent of saying he's a Hall of Famer.

Jackson might be the most overrated player of all time.  Showstopping potential?  Sure.  Actual production?  None.

Blaze688

Hall of Famer

#39 : August 10, 2011, 09:47:10 PM

Bo Jackson never even had 1,000 yard season.

And he never ran for more than 5 touchdowns in a season.

The obvious rebuttal is, of course, that he never played a full season because of his baseball career.  People like to say, "If he focused on football, he' might have been one of the greatest ever." Which might be true.  I'm not to say.  But somewhere through the years, that "might have been" became "was." Still not sure how that happened.

Illibuc

Second String

#40 : August 10, 2011, 09:59:18 PM

The obvious rebuttal is, of course, that he never played a full season because of his baseball career.  People like to say, "If he focused on football, he' might have been one of the greatest ever." Which might be true.  I'm not to say.  But somewhere through the years, that "might have been" became "was." Still not sure how that happened.

I blame Techmo Bowl.

Blaze688

Hall of Famer

#41 : August 10, 2011, 10:17:25 PM

I blame Techmo Bowl.

It's Tecmo Bowl, "Bo Knows", Brian Bosworth, long runs, and 4.20 speed.  The perfect athlete who, sadly, never achieved anything of note.

Uncle Stan

Hall of Famer
#42 : August 11, 2011, 08:26:00 AM

Don't think he played 40 games in his career.

Learn to disagree without being disagreeable-Ronald Reagan circa 1981

Blaze688

Hall of Famer

#43 : August 11, 2011, 10:30:03 AM

Don't think he played 40 games in his career.

He played in 38 games.  Which, to be fair, is enough to make the Hall of Fame... if you're Gale Sayers, and put up 5,000 yards and 40 touchdowns, and one of the most electrifying highlight tapes of all time during that span.  Jackson definitely had the highlight tape, but he's a few thousand yards, and a few dozen touchdowns short.

notabucsfan

Hall of Famer

#44 : August 11, 2011, 10:45:10 AM

Anybody know if anybody has been looking at him?
Page: 1 2 3
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Devine Waived « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools