Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Bye Bye Barrett Ruud « previous next »
Page: 1 ... 3 4 5

Morgan

User is banned from postingMuted
Hall of Famer
#60 : July 31, 2011, 07:47:24 AM

Having character is a part of being a good player. I'm sure Tony Dungy would agree.

Hate

Hall of Famer
#61 : July 31, 2011, 08:06:53 AM

However, you don't have to have good character to be a great player. I'm sure Parcells/Lawrence Taylor would agree.

-------------------------------------------------------

I thought Lovie said he wanted quickness & speed, even at the QB position?

dbucfan

Hall of Famer
#62 : July 31, 2011, 08:11:08 AM

I prefer good football players with good character, but failing that I prefer good football players who don't get caught doing stupid crap.

\"A Great Coach has to have a Patient Wife, A Loyal Dog, and a Great Quarterback. . . . but not necessarily in that order\" ~ Coach Bud Grant

Morgan

Hall of Famer
#63 : July 31, 2011, 08:17:07 AM

That's right - LT did use cocaine while he was a player. I guess we argue who would you rather support on the field,  players with strong character or a team of thugs and criminals (accused rapists, child molesters,  drug traffickers/users, steroid users).   I'd prefer to spend my money seeing a team with players with good character and see them battle it out.

Skull and Bones

Hall of Famer

#64 : July 31, 2011, 08:17:25 AM

I'm glad he's gone, too.

But, I really hate seeing our guys get trashed by "fans" when they leave. It's classless.

I wish him well.

Agree - it's not like he beat up on a taxi driver, a teammate, or shot a gun at someone. He's actually a good guy.
and he didn't have to meet up with McKenzie in Nebraska a few weeks ago and help him understand the playbook better.  There is a lot of classlessness here.

Morgan

Hall of Famer
#65 : July 31, 2011, 08:24:55 AM

Having strong character is one reason why we're pulling for Carnell and why he's a sentimental favorite to return to the Bucs. I'm positive there are other RBs on the FA market for the Bucs to sign.

BucBalla85

Hall of Famer

#66 : July 31, 2011, 08:37:38 AM

Sure hes a good guy.. but Im glad hes gone. He didnt help our team much. Id say his only big play last year was the forced fumble that prevented the saints from scoring. Maybe he will toughen up in Ten.

Samari28

Hall of Famer
#67 : July 31, 2011, 11:07:22 AM

If you wanna watch a bunch of good character guys battle it out you might want to watch the per-wee leagues as got news for ya every team in high school, college and the NFL has character issues with at least one guy. Plus the next time Ruud battles it out will be the first.

CTBuc

Second String

#68 : July 31, 2011, 11:17:45 AM

I really hate seeing our guys get trashed by "fans" when they leave. It's classless.

I wish him well.

Agree - it's not like he beat up on a taxi driver, a teammate, or shot a gun at someone. He's actually a good guy.

lol, as much trouble as aqib gets in. he wants to win, he plays with more emotion than a lot of the players throughout the nfl.  Like Kellen stated we need him, were paying him near nothing.  Why not keep him around and see if he can get his head straightened out.  Now I would understand if we had a ton invested in him.  I want a player that plays with some fire.  Ray Lewis plays with fire.  I dont want a guy to make a tackle like Ruud and move on.  Yes its a solid play but playing with fire helps motivate the whole entire team.  No matchup was more entertaining than seeing Roddy and Aqib go at it.  Two players that just go at it.
One of the highest character guys on the team and the kind of guy you should be proud to cheer for, but most on this board would prefer having thugs over high character players.

Some guy just asked me to make a sig for him.   Of all the players on the roster, who does he want on his sig?   Aqib Talib?    Sickening.

Page: 1 ... 3 4 5
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Bye Bye Barrett Ruud « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools