Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Freeman as a starting Fantasy QB? « previous next »
Page: 1

yungbull

Starter
: July 30, 2011, 09:57:22 PM

Not to sound like a homer, but I have a feeling Josh Freeman will be top 5 fantasy QB this year.  He currently doesn't top analyst list so he could be a hidden gem.

Does anybody else agree?

MiltonMack21

User is on moderator watch listWatched
Hall of Famer

#1 : July 30, 2011, 09:59:12 PM

Not with Davin Joseph on the starting line.

yungbull

Starter
#2 : July 30, 2011, 10:01:39 PM

I disagree, with the new line coach and his resume, im sure they'll improve.

anterrabae33

Hall of Famer

#3 : July 30, 2011, 10:05:53 PM

Not with Davin Joseph on the starting line.

Didn't stop him from putting up numbers last year.

bucinnj

Hall of Famer

#4 : July 30, 2011, 10:25:07 PM

I'm in two leagues, one in Florida one in New Jersey.
In my Florida league, he will go early probably 3rd round.
In the New Jersey league he will make it much later.
I'd guess Round 6-7 before someone takes a poke.

Turn the page.

bucinnj

Hall of Famer

#5 : July 30, 2011, 10:27:06 PM

But to answer your question, I'd feel better with him as my second QB right now.
Sample size is limited but I love the kid.
He's doing everything beyond the wildest expectations of most and is turning into the leader this franchise needs.
Would like to see another solid season before he'd be my QB1.

Turn the page.

nubcake

Hall of Famer

#6 : July 30, 2011, 11:46:55 PM

He single-handedly won me a league last season. My team was pretty solid but Schaub just wasn't getting it done consistently. He'd have an occasional great game but a few bad ones that cost me a win or two, so second half of the season I went with Freeman. Last couple of weeks against the Saints and Seahawks were HUGE, and gave me such a nice cushion that I didn't even have to worry about what happened Sunday after 1pm.

And for the troll who said it won't happen with Joseph, he was the 7th best fantasy QB last season with an offensive line full of practice squad rookies. I'm sure he'll be fine. I don't know if he'll be top 5 because I do expect Blount to get a lot of carries, but he should be top 10 easily. And considering the fact that RBs and WRs are so much less of a sure thing, taking Freeman is a great value. In a few mocks I've been able to get at LEAST 2 RB and WR before having to take him...in one draft he inexplicably last till round 8. It's odd, but despite the glaring lack of attention that Blount got last season(not a single vote for RotY!), most fantasy people seem to be on him like a hawk(average 38th pick last I checked) while Freeman is still quite overlooked. Mike Williams is also going very early(around 42nd overall)

Personally, my strategy IS to go after Freeman. RB and WR are so difficult to predict that you essentially want to draft as many as possible to increase your odds of getting a few gems. The difference between the best QB and Freeman won't be anywhere near as large as the best RB and a guy who totally busts, and because I feel like Freeman will be the last truly reliable QB to leave the board, I'd like to go crazy on RB and WR and just pick him up later on.
: July 30, 2011, 11:50:01 PM nubcake

Page: 1
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Freeman as a starting Fantasy QB? « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools