Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Lofa Tatupu « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 ... 6

Bucs Football 24/7

Second String

: July 31, 2011, 10:09:56 AM

AdamSchefter
 After Seahawks asked LB Lofa Tatupu to take a paycut, he asked them to release him. The team now plans to do so, albeit reluctantly

Bucs Football 24/7

Second String

#1 : July 31, 2011, 10:12:15 AM

I dont have a problem wit T Mac or Foster but if he becomes available, he might be the type of player the bucs bring in...

BucBalla85

Hall of Famer

#2 : July 31, 2011, 10:13:37 AM

Wasnt Tatupu the guy who we always compared Ruud to? Hes not exactly great either.

anterrabae33

Hall of Famer

#3 : July 31, 2011, 10:14:23 AM

I'd be all for it but I'm not sure they throw someone in front of McKenzie, a guy who has reportedly earned the respect of the coaches and fellow players alike, like that.

NYC Bucs Fan

Starter

#4 : July 31, 2011, 10:16:56 AM

just posted this too.....I for one, would be all for this on a short term deal.

Skull and Bones

Hall of Famer

#5 : July 31, 2011, 10:17:45 AM

IIRC, from the observation reports we got from fans about yesterday's practice, McKenzie didn't look all that.  I got the impression Foster looked better.  Maybe I'm wrong.

anterrabae33

Hall of Famer

#6 : July 31, 2011, 10:21:21 AM

IIRC, from the observation reports we got from fans about yesterday's practice, McKenzie didn't look all that.  I got the impression Foster looked better.  Maybe I'm wrong.

If that's the case, then I wouldn't mind bringing Tatupu in except I would wonder (depending on how long of a deal) how that would affect where and how Foster is developed.

italianbuc23

Rookie

#7 : July 31, 2011, 10:26:43 AM

Two knee surgeries, i think id stick to the young guns and go from there

Bucsfan x

Pro Bowler
#8 : July 31, 2011, 10:27:47 AM

Didn't know about the knee surgeries, otherwise I'd be all for it.

threadkiller

Pro Bowler

#9 : July 31, 2011, 10:29:43 AM

Wasnt Tatupu the guy who we always compared Ruud to? Hes not exactly great either.

I thought he was more physical than ruud.

More physical then Ruud is not saying much.  Still, Tatupu was a better player on the field his first three seasons then his last three.  That would definitely worry me if I was a gm looking at him.  I'm desperate enough at this point to jump at the thought of just about any experienced/semi-proven player though.  At the right price (5-6 mil per over 3-4 years w/ 10-12 being guaranteed) I would be cool with him in Tampa.  I don't know what Tulloch went for, but I wouldn't put Tatupu above Tulloch. 

If that's the case, then I wouldn't mind bringing Tatupu in except I would wonder (depending on how long of a deal) how that would affect where and how Foster is developed.

Foster will be a rookie.  He will develop learning how to practice/study in the NFL and with the 15-30 snaps (between defense and special teams) he will get on Sundays.  The development will be almost the same as if he was thrown in as a starter except the Bucs will not have to suffer through the growing pains that all young players go through. 

JayAuggs

Pro Bowler
#10 : July 31, 2011, 10:36:01 AM

The pads aren't even on yet. Can't judge any football player until the pads come on.

Remember WR Dexter Jackson a few years back?  Apparently looked like an all star until the pads came on and he crapped his pants

blind melon

Hall of Famer

#11 : July 31, 2011, 10:36:12 AM

Foster and McKenzie are our future - now.

They're going to have to be quick learners and get loads of snaps before we'll figure out who's our starter.

Tatupu would of been nice...   but not the answer IMO

Who knew how good it would feel as a fan when we now know what it\'s like for our team to have a direction, an attitude, and dare I say an offense?.  

Good time to be a Bucs fan.

Skull and Bones

Hall of Famer

#12 : July 31, 2011, 10:39:01 AM

The pads aren't even on yet. Can't judge any football player until the pads come on.

Remember WR Dexter Jackson a few years back?  Apparently looked like an all star until the pads came on and he crapped his pants
I agree.  it's too early to make judgment on them.  I'd only be in favor of bringing in a true upgrade like Tulloch but that ain't happening.

T.I. McCrown: King of the South

Starter
#13 : July 31, 2011, 10:40:55 AM

A name I recognize? SIGN HIM NOW! $200 MILLION CONTRACT! RELEASE WAYNE ROONEY!

MiltonMack21

User is on moderator watch listWatched
Hall of Famer

#14 : July 31, 2011, 10:43:30 AM

incarceratedbob incarcerated bob
**UPDATED NFL NEWS**Source: Tatupu will be released - Early rumors have Eagles / Giants / Patriots / Tampa all over him when its official

Page: 1 2 3 ... 6
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Lofa Tatupu « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools