Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Training Camp - Day 3 Discussion Thread « previous next »
Page: 1 ... 5 6 7

Beatles123

Hall of Famer

#90 : July 31, 2011, 09:07:26 PM

Agreed! :) Can't wait to see hate's pics from today. :)

This space for rent....*sigh* I trusted you coach.

MUSCLE_HAMSTER

User is on moderator watch listWatched
Hall of Famer
#91 : July 31, 2011, 09:11:04 PM

Seemed like a lack of tweets from today's practice.

Beatles123

Hall of Famer

#92 : July 31, 2011, 09:20:50 PM

The ones that were  made were fine though :)

Zsnore

User is on moderator watch listWatched
Pro Bowler
#93 : July 31, 2011, 09:24:11 PM

There's a lack of tweets today cause the Glazers are cheap...

This is what I think about the Glazers being cheap...

Beatles123

Hall of Famer

#94 : July 31, 2011, 09:27:18 PM

Don't start this, even if it IS a joke...

ANYHOO, I heard Ahmad shut down briscoe on a play.

The Anti-Java

Hall of Famer

#95 : July 31, 2011, 09:36:24 PM

There's a lack of tweets today cause the Glazers are cheap...

LOL

sig pic by chace1986

PewterReportMC....
\\\\\\\"Java, do you understand this a perfect example of why people beg me to suspend or ban you on a daily basis? Are you actually trying to make a point? Seriously what is the reason for even commenting. In fact why do you even bother coming to the boards? What happened to the intelligent poster from years ago?  A real shame. Like the Bucs yesterday, a wasted effort.\\\\\\\"

BTownBucFan

Hall of Famer
#96 : July 31, 2011, 09:42:01 PM

What does JJ have to do with day 3 of camp?  :P

He got a lot of touches today.  A lot of wildcat stuff.

I personally like the way he throws the ball and think the MOST value is keeping him right here this year.  He is NOT going to be a starter anywhere and if he's gonna backup, he might as well backup right here.  Plus, God forbid anything happen to Freeman, but he still would give us the best chance to win games over Carpenter or Coughlin.  Matter of fact, I once again only saw Carpenter standing on the sidelines and not really doing anything.  Maybe he was a ERFA and can't til the 4th.  Just looks odd him standing next to the water station like he's the water boy.

BTownBucFan

Hall of Famer
#97 : July 31, 2011, 09:55:53 PM

-Once again, I thought Winslow, M. Williams, & Briscoe look ready to go.
-Parker also looked good again and looks way ahead of where he was last year.
-Stroughter showed up today and Webber continues to impress.
-TE Hardy looks like he's here to compete for #2.  Purvis looks slow to catch and turn up-field and dropped a couple more easy ones today.
-OLine seemed to do a little better at holding their ground against the DLine, but its so hard to tell until they put the pads on.  I was amazed at the level of intensity and physical contact for just wearing shells.
-Price looked winded easily today as I think with the humidity, it felt much hotter today.  He also fell at one point and hobbled back to the side.  He took a knee off by himself for several minutes before re-joining.  Didn't see him take part in any other drills after that.
-Penn has looked pretty solid and It may just be me, but I think he looks to be in pretty good shape.
-McKenzie & Foster continue to impress.  Its a shame they can't find away to get them both on the field at the same time.
-Noticed Watson working out with the Dline against the Oline drill.  You can tell they are tinkering with him like a hybrid.
-Have had trouble watching the secondary, but Grimm is noticeably slower compared to last year.  I'm not sure if he doesn't get 100% soon if he'll be the week 1 starter.
-UDFA LB Reveiz is very undersized, but has a lot of heart and plays bigger than he looks.  Nice INT today.  I don't know if he has a shot, but he could be a ST tackling ace ... maybe a Hayward replacement.
: July 31, 2011, 10:05:22 PM BTownBucFan

bashear

Hall of Famer

#98 : July 31, 2011, 09:58:13 PM

I dont see him going anywhere this year.   Hasn't shown anything yet.   Next year yes.
Why not this year? Next year he is a UFA. We need to get something for him while we still can. He is going to have to go all out in Pre-Season in order to convince someone to take a flier on him. I honestly don't see much of a downgrade in terms of pure passing ability from JJ to Rudy Carpenter. JJ is good for the wildcat and stuff like that, but I think in terms of accuracy and pocket presence Rudy and JJ are about the same. 

If you have a chance to grab a pick for someone you were going to let go the next year you take it. Because if #5 goes down, then nobody is saving our season. So lets just another pick that could very well be another future stud in Tampa? Am I right?

I dont think he has shown enough yet.  As QB starved as the NFL is, some team would of beat the door down at OBP if they thought he had value.  If he shows something this year they could tender him for mid round pick or something maybe.

The only way that is going to happen is if Freeman gets injured. The 49ers have Kaepernick, Smith, and Troy Smith. Josh Johnson is already better then Troy Smith instantly. Why not just send him to San Fran for a 6th or 7th. We have found starters in the past in the 7th so we might as well get what we can. No Back up QB in the league can replace a Franchise QB. So why not try to take advantage of a situation (depending on the market) that could end up helping both sides?

I'd say Miami, not SF. Miami has no one at QB and they like Wildcat. Plus he's already used to So. Fla heat.
Miami just drafted Daniel Thomas, a RB who was a running QB in JUCO. While he's not the QB that JJ is, I don't see a trade with Miami.
: July 31, 2011, 10:00:23 PM bashear

Bradspace

Pro Bowler

#99 : July 31, 2011, 09:59:34 PM

Thanks, BTown.  Good stuff.

1Va bucsfan

Hall of Famer
#100 : July 31, 2011, 10:01:14 PM

How has Bennett looked so far? Fast out of his stance,slimmed down,bigger haver heard much about him with all the hype around Bowers and Clayborn? The FO was singing his praises in the off season anyone that has been going to camp notice him?

\\\"The guy who invented the first wheel was an idiot, the guy who invented the other three, he was a genius

1sparkybuc

Hall of Famer
#101 : July 31, 2011, 10:03:35 PM

I believe the Bucs can win games with JJ at QB. This team has real weapons on offense now. He had nothing to work with in '09. We need to keep him as long as possible. He knows our system. He really wouldn't benefit another team without going through a full off-season program. Freeman was #2 in rushing yards behind Vick last year, and JJ is actually a better runner, and he was known for his passing accuracy in college. This is not a scrub backup we're talking about here. JJ has value to this team above and beyond anything Rudy Carpenter could offer. Our season would not be over if JJ had to step in. With Rudy we would really have to count on the running game to have any chance at all. JMO

jcaulfield8

Second String

#102 : July 31, 2011, 10:16:04 PM

I heard alot of hype about raymond webber yesterday. Anyone notice his play today?

michaelford10

Rookie

#103 : August 01, 2011, 01:11:41 AM

Im hearing a lot about Ed Gant from other sites that he's been on of the best wr out there but everyone from PR never mentions him just wondering
Page: 1 ... 5 6 7
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Training Camp - Day 3 Discussion Thread « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools