Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Don't allow ur resentment to be misguided. Understand 2011 Bucs. « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4 ... 7

Bucs Capacitor

Hall of Famer
#15 : July 31, 2011, 04:39:08 PM

Bucs needed a CB, and most fans were clamoring for a CB...

Talib might be going to jail, or lost for a while...hell, he might not figure into long range plans anyway because he is about one of the dumbest dudes in the entire league.

Barber is on his last hurrah tour.

Lewis and Biggers and Mack and Gaitor are all question marks, and certainly not a secondary I am comfortable with going into this year...

Bucs needed a FA CB.  If Biggers and LEwis beat the signee out, then GOOD!  But it would have been prudent to assume that another vet CB would have made an impact.

Has nothing to do with signing a DE, or a WR, or a RB.  Which are the guys the article mentioned.

As for the Redskins, they had no plan to begin with.  Signing high profile guys with no foundation to do so was just stupid on Snyders part.

The Steelers draft well, we get this.  They also jettison players when they come asking for money.  I dig that.  But there is usually a proven guy to replace the guy they jettison.

Lewis and Biggers are far from being a 1-2 punch, IMO.

Talib is shaky because he is a moron.

The bucs didnt need a CB in the game vs the Saints. They seemed to shut down the once SB MVP pretty well.

It's amazing how quickly people forget that the Bucs were the seventh ranked pass defense in the league last year...with this exact same core of players in the secondary.  Add some splash up-and-comers like the ones we just drafted, we very well could be BETTER than we were last year, without that big-name FA everyone was clamoring for.

Get off the Ronde thing.  People have predicted him to fall off for three years now, and it still hasn't happened.  Talib will play this year. 

And why all of a sudden have we no faith in Dom's drafting?  It's more probable than not that these young kids will overachieve, based on history.

Zsnore

User is on moderator watch listWatched
Pro Bowler
#16 : July 31, 2011, 04:50:30 PM

Talib might be going to jail, or lost for a while...hell, he might not figure into long range plans anyway because he is about one of the dumbest dudes in the entire league.

Lewis and Biggers and Mack and Gaitor are all question marks, and certainly not a secondary I am comfortable with going into this year...

Bucs needed a FA CB.  If Biggers and LEwis beat the signee out, then GOOD!  But it would have been prudent to assume that another vet CB would have made an impact.

Has nothing to do with signing a DE, or a WR, or a RB.  Which are the guys the article mentioned.

As for the Redskins, they had no plan to begin with.  Signing high profile guys with no foundation to do so was just stupid on Snyders part.

The Steelers draft well, we get this.  They also jettison players when they come asking for money.  I dig that.  But there is usually a proven guy to replace the guy they jettison.

The bucs didnt need a CB in the game vs the Saints. They seemed to shut down the once SB MVP pretty well.

It's amazing how quickly people forget that the Bucs were the seventh ranked pass defense in the league last year...with this exact same core of players in the secondary.  Add some splash up-and-comers like the ones we just drafted, we very well could be BETTER than we were last year, without that big-name FA everyone was clamoring for.

Get off the Ronde thing.  People have predicted him to fall off for three years now, and it still hasn't happened.  Talib will play this year. 

And why all of a sudden have we no faith in Dom's drafting?  It's more probable than not that these young kids will overachieve, based on history.

They continue being that way because they're searching for that fleeting moment of validation. The validation they haven't had in  2 years (or 3 depending on perspective). The sun shine's on even a turd unfortunately. There's going to be a few occasion this year where they'll be able to puke up there garbage onto us once again. I'm sure they're just clamouring over themselves waiting at the opportunity.

This is what I think about the Glazers being cheap...

tajik_buc

Starter

#17 : July 31, 2011, 04:52:02 PM

Thing is, if you go to a discussion board for most any team, you are going to find the teeth gnashing you find here. I think it's the curse of the Madden generation.  After years of suffering thru truly Offensive coordinators under Dungy, and then the schizophrenic years of Gru-Allen, I'm more than willing to cut this group some slack, they seem to have a plan.

Skull and Bones

Hall of Famer

#18 : July 31, 2011, 05:15:19 PM

So please Bucs fans, dont try to win a Superbowl in 2011, it wont happen.

One of the most ridiculous things I have ever read on a sports message board.

We have Freeman and a solid offense. The D is a work in progress and should improve as the rook DEs get game experience.

And if things fall right for us, we can get to the playoffs. And once there, anything can happen. And this is assuming we don't add FAs. If we DO add a nice player here or there,
we have an even better chance to make a nice playoff run, IMO.

BTW, the Redskins don't win because they have yet to find their franchise QB.

SB is not likely but it's definitely a possibility this year and every year we have Free.
Agreed.  Or Freeman  wouldn't be worth all that cap space we are supposedly saving to extend him worth.

Skull and Bones

Hall of Famer

#19 : July 31, 2011, 05:21:54 PM

They continue being that way because they're searching for that fleeting moment of validation. The validation they haven't had in  2 years (or 3 depending on perspective). The sun shine's on even a turd unfortunately. There's going to be a few occasion this year where they'll be able to puke up there garbage onto us once again. I'm sure they're just clamouring over themselves waiting at the opportunity.
so newbie, you calling out Boid, a guy with 40,000 posts on this board, as to whether he's a "true fan" or not?

jerseybucsfan

Hall of Famer
#20 : July 31, 2011, 05:22:43 PM

The Bucs had the lowest payroll in the NFL last year and missed the playoffs on a tiebreaker. If you were to ask most experts to rank the NFC teams right now, the Bucs have probably slipped from a playoff team to not likely to be a playoff team now (GB, maybe Detroit, Eagles, Saints, Falcons, maybe Chicago). History shows that while you can't build an entire championship team on free agents, you need some to supplement your team and put them over the hump. The quip that ''The Bucs aren't going to be a Super Bowl team now'' is a self-fulfilling prophecy; if you don't add enough pieces, it won't be. But this can go even further; you do a disservice to your younger players by not giving them enough help to the point they may UNDERACHIEVE. And when that happens you now have your excuse to let THEM go via free agency in a few years (MW, Benn, Blount, etc.).
So yes, Dom appears to have done a nice job drafting players. But that's not the goal in the NFL and a sense of urgency is as important in this sport as any other given the short career lengths of players. So while many apologists are quick to be happy we aren't the Redskins (thankfully), the point can clearly be made that Dom has erred too far on the other side. If you're thinking it's OK if the Bucs don't make the playoffs this year then I heartily must disagree. When other teams get entrenched as winners, it can often be that much harder to dislodge them. This was a chance for Dom to to take us to the next level and he backed off. He has furthermore once again dividided a fanbase that was just starting to come together, important in any sport. So in many ways it's a much bigger gamble to play it the way he did than by opting for obvious FA upgrades.

In Verner We Trust

cylobuc

Rookie
#21 : July 31, 2011, 05:30:00 PM

Free Agency started the change of winning back then with Hardy Nickerson.  Free agency is a tool that is being ignored by this GM.
He's is doing a great job of drafting and obtaining young talent. I love the job Mark is doing.  But he is ignoring a tool he could be using.  You do not have to break the bank to pick up a couple of key free Agents.  Example Jonathan Joseph is an experienced solid corner at 27 years old. With Ronda's age and Talibs  problems he would of been a great pick up and filled a hole that may have to be filled next year in the draft.  But if you can pick up Joseph you can focus at linebacker or offensive line next year in the draft instead. You don't have to go crazy in free agency, but it can be an effective tool to get you there just a little bit quicker. Some of us feel it is a effective tool that is being ignored and should be used. Of course you have to be smart and you have to be right, because the financial risk is greater, but some of these players have already proven they can play in this league. I wished we we would use it more. 
And no I am not young. I was 19 when I first became a Buc fan in 1976.

Madman

Hall of Famer
#22 : July 31, 2011, 05:31:28 PM

Quality post Jersey.

Zsnore

Pro Bowler
#23 : July 31, 2011, 05:31:36 PM

so newbie, you calling out Boid, a guy with 40,000 posts on this board, as to whether he's a "true fan" or not?

When his conduct is detrimental to the team, you bet your ass I am calling him out. You think 1, or 2 super negative remarks don't effect a younger person just coming into the world of the NFL interested in the Bucs? Dude, every bit of trash that spews forth is the same rhetoric garbage or second guessing, and whining about how cheap we're "perceived" as being. Scores of people come here to tell them they don't feel the same way, and that the absolute childish behavior isn't appreciated. Last I checked this was a BUCCANEER message board. I would expect to find rabid Buccaneer fans ready to defend their home turf. Who knew that the most devastating, hateful, down right negative attacks would come domestically. Excuse me for being a Buc fan first, and a **CENSORED** second. You think I care how many post one has? I look at behavior. 40k post doesn't make it right, you know that, you all know it.
: July 31, 2011, 05:33:09 PM Zsnore

jerseybucsfan

Hall of Famer
#24 : July 31, 2011, 05:32:24 PM

Cylo, you're old! Just kidding. I agree wholeheartedly on your post. LBs like Tulloch or Posluszny could have been upgrades without breaking the bank. Sproles is only costing NO 14M for four years. This is penny pinching at its most extreme and overcautiousness.

In Verner We Trust

jerseybucsfan

Hall of Famer
#25 : July 31, 2011, 05:34:14 PM

Zsnore, in all due respect, you couldn't hold Boid Fink's keyboard.

In Verner We Trust

Skull and Bones

Hall of Famer

#26 : July 31, 2011, 05:38:05 PM

and what trash did he say, that Talib is a moron and Barber is on his last legs?  Both are true statements.  maybe you should stick to threads like "how many TDs is JF going to throw this year" if honest discussion bothers you.

Zsnore

Pro Bowler
#27 : July 31, 2011, 05:39:10 PM

Zsnore, in all due respect, you couldn't hold Boid Fink's keyboard.

Oh, I feel the sting on that one.

cylobuc

Rookie
#28 : July 31, 2011, 05:39:41 PM

Yeh,  I might die before we get there.

Madman

Hall of Famer
#29 : July 31, 2011, 05:40:22 PM

Conduct detrimental to the team?

On a message board... hilarious.
Page: 1 2 3 4 ... 7
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Don't allow ur resentment to be misguided. Understand 2011 Bucs. « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools