Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Don't allow ur resentment to be misguided. Understand 2011 Bucs. « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4 5 ... 7

anterrabae33

Hall of Famer

#30 : July 31, 2011, 05:43:15 PM

I'm just trying to figure out how you all can justify that this team hasn't "taken it to the next level" without allowing it to play a game of football.

We have a good core of players and we only added to that with this years draft. I'm willing to give these young guys the benefit of the doubt because of how well this team has brought along Freeman, Williams, Blount, Grimm, Lewis, Biggers, McCoy and so on. I'm willing to let this young team loose on the NFL, and if we falter, I will be the first to say it was a mistake. But I have faith that this team is competitive and as much of a playoff contender as any other team out there. If they take a step back this year, then maybe it is time to add through FA but adding guys just for the sake of adding them does not make sense. Other guys out there might be (a little) better but they don't have the continuity, respect, camaraderie or rapport with the rest of the team as the guys we have do. 

Beatles123

Hall of Famer

#31 : July 31, 2011, 05:43:46 PM

Hey now, I enjoy Bold's posts, I think he's a great poster. I just think he's a tad too worried that our rookies are unproven as of yet, and he's right. However I think they WILL pan out, I think his worry is just due to the fact tht we've never had a team this young, this good and he doesn't want it to get screwed up. But I doubt it will. with the hard work this staff has put into this team I think they are very confident that we will be able to handle it and get them right.

Let us not base this on post count though...look at somee people with high post counts and what type of fans they are...lol. not naming names. ;)

This space for rent....*sigh* I trusted you coach.

nubcake

Hall of Famer

#32 : July 31, 2011, 05:45:41 PM

Bucs needed a CB, and most fans were clamoring for a CB...

Talib might be going to jail, or lost for a while...hell, he might not figure into long range plans anyway because he is about one of the dumbest dudes in the entire league.

Barber is on his last hurrah tour.

Lewis and Biggers and Mack and Gaitor are all question marks, and certainly not a secondary I am comfortable with going into this year...

Bucs needed a FA CB.  If Biggers and LEwis beat the signee out, then GOOD!  But it would have been prudent to assume that another vet CB would have made an impact.

Has nothing to do with signing a DE, or a WR, or a RB.  Which are the guys the article mentioned.

As for the Redskins, they had no plan to begin with.  Signing high profile guys with no foundation to do so was just stupid on Snyders part.

The Steelers draft well, we get this.  They also jettison players when they come asking for money.  I dig that.  But there is usually a proven guy to replace the guy they jettison.

Lewis and Biggers are far from being a 1-2 punch, IMO.

Talib is shaky because he is a moron.

The bucs didnt need a CB in the game vs the Saints. They seemed to shut down the once SB MVP pretty well.

It's amazing how quickly people forget that the Bucs were the seventh ranked pass defense in the league last year...with this exact same core of players in the secondary.  Add some splash up-and-comers like the ones we just drafted, we very well could be BETTER than we were last year, without that big-name FA everyone was clamoring for.

Get off the Ronde thing.  People have predicted him to fall off for three years now, and it still hasn't happened.  Talib will play this year. 

And why all of a sudden have we no faith in Dom's drafting?  It's more probable than not that these young kids will overachieve, based on history.

Not to mention the fact that a fair amount of that season as the 7th ranked secondary DID happen without Talib. He was suspended the first game and missed the last several games with an injury. I still have my doubts about Myron Lewis, but Biggers doesn't worry me at all. I wanted us to go after Asomugha because he's the best in the league and would have taken us to the top, but not getting him really isn't the end of the world. I don't think CB is nearly as large of a hole as everyone thinks it is. Personally, I'm much more worried about the o-line, as I still don't trust Trueblood, Faine, or whoever happens to be playing LG these days.

Zsnore

User is on moderator watch listWatched
Pro Bowler
#33 : July 31, 2011, 05:46:23 PM

We all know who exactly I am referring when I go on my rants, it shouldn't be secret. I have no problems with Boid at all.

This is what I think about the Glazers being cheap...

Morgan

User is banned from postingMuted
Hall of Famer
#34 : July 31, 2011, 05:50:23 PM

So please Bucs fans, dont try to win a Superbowl in 2011, it wont happen.

One of the most ridiculous things I have ever read on a sports message board.

We have Freeman and a solid offense. The D is a work in progress and should improve as the rook DEs get game experience.

And if things fall right for us, we can get to the playoffs. And once there, anything can happen. And this is assuming we don't add FAs. If we DO add a nice player here or there,
we have an even better chance to make a nice playoff run, IMO.

BTW, the Redskins don't win because they have yet to find their franchise QB.

SB is not likely but it's definitely a possibility this year and every year we have Free.

One could argue that the Bucs did things wrong by only winning one SB when they had a caliber of team capable of winning multiple ones. Using the Dungy/Gruden team as a perfect recipe to develop a SB Championship means that you're going to ignore the failures of the playoff teams that couldn't advance past the first round.

jerseybucsfan

Hall of Famer
#35 : July 31, 2011, 05:51:30 PM

Our secondary didn't look all that good with Talib out against Detroit. But anterra I will concede one critical point - you never know until they play. But the lack of depth, particularly at running back, scares me. The NFL isn't really a slow-and-steady league. There's a difference between patience and overcautiousness. We can HOPE MD's approach works, but this approach is too similar to the old Eagles approach (one that didn't work for a decade) than the best one.

In Verner We Trust

Zsnore

User is on moderator watch listWatched
Pro Bowler
#36 : July 31, 2011, 05:53:02 PM

Our secondary didn't look all that good with Talib out against Detroit. But anterra I will concede one critical point - you never know until they play. But the lack of depth, particularly at running back, scares me. The NFL isn't really a slow-and-steady league. There's a difference between patience and overcautiousness. We can HOPE MD's approach works, but this approach is too similar to the old Eagles approach (one that didn't work for a decade) than the best one.

Decade of playoffs isn't bad either.

This is what I think about the Glazers being cheap...

jerseybucsfan

Hall of Famer
#37 : July 31, 2011, 06:01:49 PM

True, Zsnore, but it's torture. When the Eagles finally win one, it will be validated. But ask McNabb about validation. He never got it.

In Verner We Trust

Beatles123

Hall of Famer

#38 : July 31, 2011, 06:04:42 PM

This may be veering off topic, but in terms of being a good fan and measuring up to others here, I sometimes wonder if people think of ME in a negative way here. Sometimes I am a bit overzealous with my jokes, but as far as bashing anyone, save for Java at times, I try to see both sides of the issue.

I was mad at Dom about this at first, too. However, I also predicted we wouldn't go for many FA's anyway, so I'm not too upset.

For what it's worth, I do think our rookies are already evolving into veteran-type leaders, such as Freeman and McKenzie. I think they will mature very quickly.

That's only me though. I can certainly see why some may be upset. I guess Rah/Dom just haven't given me a reason not to trust them yet. They've done well so far, so I have faith right now.

My goal one day is to hopefully really get to know you guys and become a quality member here. I want to move to Tampa one day and I'd like to became "Part of the herd" so to speak once I can really get into the fan base and attend games. :)

That being said, if I seem like an idiot, forgive me. I never wanna be a guy who isn't easy to talk to or deal with, so excuse me if I seem a bit odd at times in my posts.

: July 31, 2011, 06:06:31 PM Beatles123

GameChanger

Rookie

#39 : July 31, 2011, 06:07:21 PM

Paitence fellas. I seriously doubt Mack will be back with us this year as he will likely get cut to make room for a guy like Anthony Gaitor. But just wait until some guys start being cut. Its going to be alright.

The way I see it, I don't allow myself to get too worried about Free Agency moves. Its better to put more constructive energy regarding the Bucs towards looking for hidden gems that teams might release or cut. We would not have our starting LG, RB, 3rd WR, and a quality backup SS if it weren't for the waiver wire/TC cuts. This team is going to pluck the young talented guys that were not reserved a spot because other teams are too focused on winning now. Better to take your time and analyze the lay of the land before you go set up your camp you know?

We got plenty of time before the season starts. Its more then 5+ weeks away. Stay strong fellow Bucs fans!

ufojoe

Hall of Famer

#40 : July 31, 2011, 07:31:44 PM

True, Zsnore, but it's torture. When the Eagles finally win one, it will be validated. But ask McNabb about validation. He never got it.

Exactly. Ask Eagles or Jets fans if they would trade their decade (in the Eagle's case) of contending for
our one SB trophy and you will find that most would do it. My close friends are all Jets fans and they all
would trade those contending years in for a SB trophy.

If we added a solid CB, DE or DT and Offensive Lineman, I think we could improve our chances of going
deep into the playoffs. I think we have that shot no matter who we bring in. I just think that we need to
take advantage of the year's when we're close. And I think this is one of those years. And decades.

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer
#41 : July 31, 2011, 07:46:07 PM

Exactly. Ask Eagles or Jets fans if they would trade their decade (in the Eagle's case) of contending for
our one SB trophy and you will find that most would do it. My close friends are all Jets fans and they all
would trade those contending years in for a SB trophy.

If we added a solid CB, DE or DT and Offensive Lineman, I think we could improve our chances of going
deep into the playoffs. I think we have that shot no matter who we bring in. I just think that we need to
take advantage of the year's when we're close. And I think this is one of those years. And decades.
Precisely.  Right now, the BUcs are looking good offensively.  Adding an "upgrade" at any spot on the O-line would have been nice.  What does it hurt?  It only makes the perception that the team udnerstands it has a weakness, and is trying to address it via Free Agency, which is what a lot of teams do.  As for adding a quality CB, it would have been nice.  I never bagged on Biggers in my post, and Myron is truly an enigma.  We know what the rest of the Bucs are, and FWIW, I have gone on record multiple times and said my fave Buc is Ronde.  I dig the "old" grinder.  He was the last of the Mohicans, and he is a class act.

dbucfan

Hall of Famer
#42 : July 31, 2011, 07:58:56 PM

This may be veering off topic, but in terms of being a good fan and measuring up to others here, I sometimes wonder if people think of ME in a negative way here. Sometimes I am a bit overzealous with my jokes, but as far as bashing anyone, save for Java at times, I try to see both sides of the issue.

I was mad at Dom about this at first, too. However, I also predicted we wouldn't go for many FA's anyway, so I'm not too upset.

For what it's worth, I do think our rookies are already evolving into veteran-type leaders, such as Freeman and McKenzie. I think they will mature very quickly.

That's only me though. I can certainly see why some may be upset. I guess Rah/Dom just haven't given me a reason not to trust them yet. They've done well so far, so I have faith right now.

My goal one day is to hopefully really get to know you guys and become a quality member here. I want to move to Tampa one day and I'd like to became "Part of the herd" so to speak once I can really get into the fan base and attend games. :)

That being said, if I seem like an idiot, forgive me. I never wanna be a guy who isn't easy to talk to or deal with, so excuse me if I seem a bit odd at times in my posts.
When you get to Tampa let me know - and we will get you to a g2g with the PR guys and the nutcases that talk bucs allllll year looonnnnngggg.. lol

\"A Great Coach has to have a Patient Wife, A Loyal Dog, and a Great Quarterback. . . . but not necessarily in that order\" ~ Coach Bud Grant

jerseybucsfan

Hall of Famer
#43 : July 31, 2011, 08:07:06 PM

The Rolling Stones are better, but other than that you seem cool, Beatles.

In Verner We Trust

Beatles123

Hall of Famer

#44 : July 31, 2011, 08:20:01 PM

Woah woah, I'll debate rock with you all day man, you don't want none o' this! lol 8)

Thanks, Dbucs! :)

Page: 1 2 3 4 5 ... 7
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Don't allow ur resentment to be misguided. Understand 2011 Bucs. « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools