Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Did Morris betray Ruud? « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4 ... 6

smove28

Starter

#15 : August 01, 2011, 12:26:46 PM

I'm really hoping I'm not reading more into this article than is there, but this is really close to the type of character assasination that would not occur if our coach was white and the player was black. I do not see this type of language being bantered about when speaking about Cadillac and Rah.

We all know we need an upgrade at MLB. Just as much as we may need to look into other options for our 3RB. Other coaches are not said to have "betrayed" a player when they try and upgrade a position of need. The Bucs let black players go every day without questions of the coaches character coming into print.

Full blown racists are fun because you can laugh at their stupidity, but this scares me because when it is written by someone who is published in a periodical, it lends this stupidity validation.

I have never brought up race on this board and I hate to do it. But as someone who does not live in the area, I have to let other fans know all these things go into the cycle of why FAs might not want to come to the Bucs.

Whether the impression of Bucs fans is right our wrong think about what FAs, that are outside looking in see when they look at Tampa and their fans. FAs see a QB that they believe is a future star because they have played against him and wonder why the fan base isn't showing support like fans are in St. Louis. or Detroit. They see a wide receiver taken to jail for obviously driving while black last year.

We have to remember, FAs are humans and they make conclusions whether right or wrong. Some can get mad at Dom, but who is to say that these FAs that some are salivating over did not tell their agents that they are not coming here. It is their choice. All these things go into why is seems WE CAN"T PAY PLAYERS TO PLAY FOR US, and this article doesn't help that outside perception.

stormsct

Starter

#16 : August 01, 2011, 12:28:11 PM

Terrible article. First of all, how does the reporter know what was said between Raheem and Dom? Or know what was not said? Seems like he's guessing. Seems like he noted the departure of Ruud and assumed Raheem said nothing in his favor.

It would be crazy if Dom no longer thought Ruud was the answer at middle line backer, but Morris stepped in and begged Dom to resign Ruud because of the relationship between Raheem and Rudd. Now, Morris might think highly of Rudd's play and might have wanted him back, but to say he wanted him back because they're "friends" would be shocking. Yet, the reporter is taking a shot at Morris for, in the reporter's mind, not going to bat for his friend.

I don't get to see a lot of Morris behind the scenes, but even watching the limited sound bites on TV I get the feeling that, if you play well, he's your guy. If you don't, you don't have a job. Raheem knows that if the Bucs don't play well, he doesn't have a job. If you're a player with the Bucs, you're in the same boat as Raheem, basically.

The reporter doesn't see the irony of making the case for Ruud to be re-signed when Ruud was only able to get a one-year deal from the Titans.

At the end of the article, he closes with a "guess." How about going out there and getting some answers instead of guessing?
Can you really call the author a "reporter?" What is this assclown really reporting?

Naismith

Hall of Famer
#17 : August 01, 2011, 12:28:44 PM

I don't criticize writers a ton, but that is just a terrible, terrible inability to separate business relationship and personal relationship.

There\'s a very real chance the Bucs waive [Revis] before next season. At the very least, it will be a discussion worth having.

bashear

Hall of Famer

#18 : August 01, 2011, 12:29:15 PM

Terrible article. First of all, how does the reporter know what was said between Raheem and Dom? Or know what was not said? Seems like he's guessing. Seems like he noted the departure of Ruud and assumed Raheem said nothing in his favor.

It would be crazy if Dom no longer thought Ruud was the answer at middle line backer, but Morris stepped in and begged Dom to resign Ruud because of the relationship between Raheem and Rudd. Now, Morris might think highly of Rudd's play and might have wanted him back, but to say he wanted him back because they're "friends" would be shocking. Yet, the reporter is taking a shot at Morris for, in the reporter's mind, not going to bat for his friend.

I don't get to see a lot of Morris behind the scenes, but even watching the limited sound bites on TV I get the feeling that, if you play well, he's your guy. If you don't, you don't have a job. Raheem knows that if the Bucs don't play well, he doesn't have a job. If you're a player with the Bucs, you're in the same boat as Raheem, basically.

The reporter doesn't see the irony of making the case for Ruud to be re-signed when Ruud was only able to get a one-year deal from the Titans.

At the end of the article, he closes with a "guess." How about going out there and getting some answers instead of guessing?
Can you really call the author a "reporter?" What is this assclown really reporting?
I was being polite...

rmiller14

Second String
#19 : August 01, 2011, 12:31:20 PM

I remember one Bleacher Report article Balog wrote right before the beginning of last season.  He detailed in one of those slideshows which Bucs he thought had the best chance of having a breakout season (or something like that).

Sabby was No.1 or 2...

ufojoe

Hall of Famer

#20 : August 01, 2011, 12:38:22 PM

Or did Dominik and Morris have such a low opinion of Ruuds play, after a season in which he made 118 tackles, to lead a 10-6 team, that he was not worthy of being re-signed?

I guess so.[/size]

I'm guessing that's the case. If Morris really thought we couldn't make the transition to another guy this year, I'm pretty sure he would
have let Dom know that.

Let's just hope one of our guys can match Ruud when it comes to getting everything set on D.

Biggs3535

Hall of Famer
#21 : August 01, 2011, 12:39:00 PM

I'm really hoping I'm not reading more into this article than is there, but this is really close to the type of character assasination that would not occur if our coach was white and the player was black.

Yeah, I'd say you're reading too much into it.

heatrayz

Practice Squad

#22 : August 01, 2011, 12:41:11 PM

Fact: This article was so poor that my dog wouldn't even defecate on the paper it was printed on.

smove28

Starter

#23 : August 01, 2011, 12:42:28 PM

I'm really hoping I'm not reading more into this article than is there, but this is really close to the type of character assasination that would not occur if our coach was white and the player was black.

I hope that you are right Biggs3535, but that's the first thing I thought as a person that is not down there when I read it.

Naismith

Hall of Famer
#24 : August 01, 2011, 12:47:15 PM

LOL! I hope you all were listening to Morris on 620. The guy from the article asked him the last question of the press conference and Morris laughed, told him to go to hell (in so many words) and got back to practice.

There\'s a very real chance the Bucs waive [Revis] before next season. At the very least, it will be a discussion worth having.

ufojoe

Hall of Famer

#25 : August 01, 2011, 12:52:43 PM

I hope that you are right Biggs3535, but that's the first thing I thought as a person that is not down there when I read it.

Smove, I think you're right. There is a segment of this team's fanbase that is very upset that there is no Mike Alstott or John Lynch to
root for any more. I remember going to a game in one of Alstott's final years and the team was getting crushed. Gruden brought in Alstott in the final minutes and he scored a goal line TD. A lot of fans were going crazy that he scored. They didn't care that we had lost the game. No Lynch. No Alstott. No white stars. Oh no!!!

You hit the nail on the head for SOME fans.

Mr. Milich

Hall of Famer
#26 : August 01, 2011, 01:17:17 PM

I have had this discussion w/ friends on this very subject.  There no doubt exists a bias in relation to race and support w/ this team and this area.  Seen it first-hand.
Is it greater than other NFL markets? That, I dunno.

gillen033

Starter

#27 : August 01, 2011, 01:46:28 PM

Did anyone catch the press conference today? Very end . . . great stuff  ;D
: August 01, 2011, 01:48:49 PM gillen033

Dy-nasty D

Starter
#28 : August 01, 2011, 01:50:14 PM

The author of this article has it totally wrong.

Morris shows integrity by maintaning objectivity about the performance of even his close friend. He doesn't play favorites. Players respect that.

BucNY

Hall of Famer

#29 : August 01, 2011, 01:52:58 PM

This guy gets paid to write this **CENSORED**? There are so many assumptions, and to be honest just guessing, going on that it's clear the writer has no real facts about Ruuds situation.

Since when was it a good idea to run a football team like that anyways. Well Ruud isn't very good anymore but geez he is a good friend so let's bring him back and compromise this team.

I can take a dump in a box, i have extra time, i wonder if they would buy it and print it.

\\\\\\\"This forum needs a poster like BucNY now more than ever\\\\\\\"
      - Everyone
Page: 1 2 3 4 ... 6
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Did Morris betray Ruud? « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools