Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Mark Dominik: Not signing unrestricted free agents is about budgeting right « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4 5 ... 12

Madman

Hall of Famer

#30 : August 02, 2011, 05:33:23 PM

So Zsnore, we're all set at DE with two rookies who haven't played one down of football in the NFL? That's called speculation. Simpleton. Smart speculators hedge their bets. Who are the backups? A mostly new Michael Bennett and Alex Magee. You don't think Ray Edwards would be an upgrade over those guys?

Speculation about Trueblood? He's been here 5 years. We know what he is. How many games did Trueblood start last year? Try 7. He couldn't get his job back from James Lee so I really don't think he should be getting credit for powering the 8th ranked run game last year that 'got better at the end' you know, when Trueblood was on the bench.

As for negativity, you seem to be spewing more than your fair share.

'All the negativity in this town sucks!'

ryan24

Hall of Famer
#31 : August 02, 2011, 05:38:16 PM

Genius dude, real genius. You JUST made my point for me, they DRAFTED got the core they needed and  was GOOD for a very long time. 80% of the roster isn't even into there second contract yet. How does bringing in a 30 year old CB, that doesn't work in the system or a OL that won't have the benefit of the offseason schedule improve this team for the future? Draft Stud, After Draft Stud, and all everyone talks about is the big FA. Its weak, it takes away from the accomplishment of last year and the excitement of this season. Its Trash Talk, and if I have to be the self righteous one, I will be.

Trash talk? I don't think self righteous is the term most are going to use for you. My point was simply that had the Bucs moved a little quicker into FA in the 90's they might have participated and won more Super Bowls.

Also...the thought that Nnamdi would not work in the Bucs system is pretty stupid. Is it worth paying a CB $12 mil a year for the Bucs? I didn't think so. However my opinion is not limited to Nnamdi.

Happy and Peppy and Bursting with love.

traew01

Pro Bowler

#32 : August 02, 2011, 05:40:04 PM

The problem is if you express "disagreement" you are perceived as being negative... or less of a fan.

I personally think that is our right as fans. To express disagreement in moves (or lack of moves) our team makes.

I do not hear any fans, including myself, making personal attacks against players or team personnel. We are disagreeing with them. That's it. And quite honestly, we will not know who is correct until the end of this season...and several seasons to come.

So do not attack people who come here and express disagreement. It makes for a lively and interesting message board. If you just want a place to rah-rah and cheer for your team, maybe there is a forum for buccaneer cheerleaders.

Zsnore

User is on moderator watch listWatched
Pro Bowler
#33 : August 02, 2011, 05:41:03 PM

So Zsnore, we're all set at DE with two rookies who haven't played one down of football in the NFL? That's called speculation. Simpleton. Smart speculators hedge their bets. Who are the backups? A mostly new Michael Bennett and Alex Magee. You don't think Ray Edwards would be an upgrade over those guys?

Speculation about Trueblood? He's been here 5 years. We know what he is. How many games did Trueblood start last year? Try 7. He couldn't get his job back from James Lee so I really don't think he should be getting credit for powering the 8th ranked run game last year that 'got better at the end' you know, when Trueblood was on the bench.

As for negativity, you seem to be spewing more than your fair share.

'All the negativity in this town sucks!'

Yeah yeah, lets all sit around and cry about the FO not bringing in the player some nobodies at the PRreport mboards wanted. Lets make sure that we express the discontent with the FO everyday, in every **CENSORED**ing post created at all times, whenever we can.

This is what I think about the Glazers being cheap...

Zsnore

Pro Bowler
#34 : August 02, 2011, 05:42:30 PM

The problem is if you express "disagreement" you are perceived as being negative... or less of a fan.

I personally think that is our right as fans. To express disagreement in moves (or lack of moves) our team makes.

I do not hear any fans, including myself, making personal attacks against players or team personnel. We are disagreeing with them. That's it. And quite honestly, we will not know who is correct until the end of this season...and several seasons to come.

So do not attack people who come here and express disagreement. It makes for a lively and interesting message board. If you just want a place to rah-rah and cheer for your team, maybe there is a forum for buccaneer cheerleaders.

When all you can do is pick at the moves we did or didn't make, and completely ignore the good that has been done. Then you are negative. I'm content with being the biggest Homer on these boards.
: August 02, 2011, 05:46:12 PM Zsnore

traew01

Pro Bowler

#35 : August 02, 2011, 05:47:45 PM

When all you can do is pick at the moves we did or didn't make, and completely ignore the good that has been done. Then you are negative.

That's crazy. We just started the league year and the first order of business was free agency. We all have had all summer for the Freeman, Williams, Bowers, K2, McCoy, etc love fest. Yes - we have a great young team. We are all excited. bright future.

But the main topic of the last week in the NFL has been free agency. And there are many on the board, including myself, who strongly disagree with not adding some talent out of a rich talent pool. So I think the past week has been about that discussion.

But look - it is now clear the direction the team is going in - we can all agree to disagree - most of us have said our peace - and now it is time to move forward and start supporting the team we do have. I love these guys, and I am super excited to see all of them grow together. I just would have liked to have seen the team add a few pieces....thats all.

ryan24

Hall of Famer
#36 : August 02, 2011, 05:48:33 PM

I'm just getting tired of all the negativity. You would think we were the worst team in the league last year. I have a 10yo, that reads these forums. He keeps asking me why the Bucs are gonna suck this year. I'm gonna wait until hes 12 to explain "Buc fans" to him.

Who was blocking against Arizona when LG ran for 120?

Who was blocking against Seattle when he went for 164?

Happy and Peppy and Bursting with love.

Feel Real Good

Hall of Famer

#37 : August 02, 2011, 05:49:04 PM

Its **CENSORED**ing ludicrous that you guys are willing to trade long term success for short term success.
Davin Joseph and Quincy Black are the same ages of all these free agents, yet we just handed them over $80 million in total contracts. With a $120 million salary cap, you have enough money to pay guys now and later.

Quincy Black had little to do with 28th rush defense(by far the worst stat for out D). There are statistic to show that was productive for us last year, for what we wanted him to do.. Davin Joseph was apart of the 8th rushing attack. Wheres your argument? oh yeah, there is no argument.
I don't think I made a single comment about the play of either player in this post. My simple point was the Bucs committed over $80 million worth of contract to players the same age as Jonathan Joseph, Justin Blalock, and other players being argued as not part of long term success.

FRG is the most logical poster on this board.  You guys just don\'t like where the logical conclusions take you.

Zsnore

Pro Bowler
#38 : August 02, 2011, 05:49:49 PM

I'm just getting tired of all the negativity. You would think we were the worst team in the league last year. I have a 10yo, that reads these forums. He keeps asking me why the Bucs are gonna suck this year. I'm gonna wait until hes 12 to explain "Buc fans" to him.

Who was blocking against Arizona when LG ran for 120?

Who was blocking against Seattle when he went for 164?

Java's mom.

MiltonMack21

Hall of Famer

#39 : August 02, 2011, 06:40:09 PM

Zsnore, ease off on the insults. Will Biggers OR Lewis ever reach the level Asomugha is at now? How about the level Asomugha will be at in three years? Let's hope so, but probably not. But this is more than that. By overpaying for average players, you make it TOUGHER to keep your own stars later.
Dom traded away our fourth next year to draft a backup tight end. We have holes at C, OT, OG, backup RB, backup DE, CB, maybe LB and S. He won't be able to fill all those holes in one year via the draft. And we'll be waiting a couple more years for those guys to mature. By 2015, KW2 won't be an elite TE anymore.
With this approach, we may never have all the pieces in place at once or at best it will be a lot shorter window than it could be.

See, this is what I call speculation. You don't know if we have a hole at DE yet, you haven't seen the new guys play. You suggest we have issues at CB, but we ranked 7th in the league last year with a YOUNG group, that should only get better. You assume that cause you've seen Trueblood get blown up a few times, that hes garbage. All I do is keep reminding people that we had the 8th strongest rushing attack that got better at the end, and the passing attack while only being 17th raised substantially at the end of the season.

So yeah, lets be really stupid, go out and OVER more so then we did, to fill these "holes" your talking about on C, OG, RB, DE, CD, LE, S... Lets bring in ALL these guys in a shortened offeason, because their the big names "proven vets" You don't see how narrow this outlook is? If you don't then simply put, ur a simpleton.

You obviously have NEVER watched Turdblood and Joseph play a down. Those 2 guys are absolute garbage. NO ONE in the NFL wanted either of them except for some back up camp type body. Turdblood and Joseph have had enough time in the league and they aren't any better than the first time they suited up for Tampa. The offensive line has holes, period and they didn't fix them.

Zsnore

Pro Bowler
#40 : August 02, 2011, 06:48:44 PM

Zsnore, ease off on the insults. Will Biggers OR Lewis ever reach the level Asomugha is at now? How about the level Asomugha will be at in three years? Let's hope so, but probably not. But this is more than that. By overpaying for average players, you make it TOUGHER to keep your own stars later.
Dom traded away our fourth next year to draft a backup tight end. We have holes at C, OT, OG, backup RB, backup DE, CB, maybe LB and S. He won't be able to fill all those holes in one year via the draft. And we'll be waiting a couple more years for those guys to mature. By 2015, KW2 won't be an elite TE anymore.
With this approach, we may never have all the pieces in place at once or at best it will be a lot shorter window than it could be.

See, this is what I call speculation. You don't know if we have a hole at DE yet, you haven't seen the new guys play. You suggest we have issues at CB, but we ranked 7th in the league last year with a YOUNG group, that should only get better. You assume that cause you've seen Trueblood get blown up a few times, that hes garbage. All I do is keep reminding people that we had the 8th strongest rushing attack that got better at the end, and the passing attack while only being 17th raised substantially at the end of the season.

So yeah, lets be really stupid, go out and OVER more so then we did, to fill these "holes" your talking about on C, OG, RB, DE, CD, LE, S... Lets bring in ALL these guys in a shortened offeason, because their the big names "proven vets" You don't see how narrow this outlook is? If you don't then simply put, ur a simpleton.

You obviously have NEVER watched Turdblood and Joseph play a down. Those 2 guys are absolute garbage. NO ONE in the NFL wanted either of them except for some back up camp type body. Turdblood and Joseph have had enough time in the league and they aren't any better than the first time they suited up for Tampa. The offensive line has holes, period and they didn't fix them.

And you obviously don't know the NFL. What team doesn't have holes? What team satisfies every position with depth, every year. You think you can have it all in only 2 years? You think you could have got rid of turdbloood, and joseph, and signed Nnami, and JJ, and Blaylock, and kept LG, Mike W, Cody G, McCoy, Bowers, Clayborn, and Free5+more? Well jesus dude, whatever you do for a living you need to quit right now and become a GM for a sports team. I think your wasting your talents second guessing the FO on the PRboards honestly.

MiltonMack21

Hall of Famer

#41 : August 02, 2011, 07:01:58 PM

And you obviously don't know the NFL. What team doesn't have holes? What team satisfies every position with depth, every year. You think you can have it all in only 2 years? You think you could have got rid of turdbloood, and joseph, and signed Nnami, and JJ, and Blaylock, and kept LG, Mike W, Cody G, McCoy, Bowers, Clayborn, and Free5+more? Well jesus dude, whatever you do for a living you need to quit right now and become a GM for a sports team. I think your wasting your talents second guessing the FO on the PRboards honestly.

Marshall Yanda was a available, other O-lineman were available. But like I said you think having Davin Joseph (with no competition) is a good move. He isn't going to get any better, ever. He had no other teams looking at him in the open market.

Zsnore

Pro Bowler
#42 : August 02, 2011, 07:15:19 PM

Marshall Yanda was a available, other O-lineman were available. But like I said you think having Davin Joseph (with no competition) is a good move. He isn't going to get any better, ever. He had no other teams looking at him in the open market.

Prowl, I fully understand we have issues on Oline, I just think they aren't as severe as some may think. I understand we have issues in the secondary, just not as severe as some may think. What I am NOT gonna do tho, is post EVERY single day about the bad job the FO does in Free Agency, when we all know what their plan is. Its not the time yet for this criticism. Maybe down the road, but right I just don't see how any Buc fan cant be excited. I think some here allow Java, and others garbage to manipulate there thoughts on the team.

NONE of you would trade a GM that drafts well, for one that splashes in Free Agency, can you agree?. The argument is so ridiculous I find it hard to believe it gets so much play on these boards. Anybody who would trade a GM that drafts well, for one that splashes in FA is a retard. Be happy with what you got is my underlining theme
: August 02, 2011, 07:19:01 PM Zsnore

MiltonMack21

Hall of Famer

#43 : August 02, 2011, 07:17:34 PM

I'm not excited about the offensive line. 3 of the starters are pathetic.

Zsnore

Pro Bowler
#44 : August 02, 2011, 07:20:22 PM

I'm not excited about the offensive line. 3 of the starters are pathetic.

Ok Prowl, id like to hear what you think we'll rank in rush/pass at the end of the season

Page: 1 2 3 4 5 ... 12
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Mark Dominik: Not signing unrestricted free agents is about budgeting right « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools