Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Merril Hoge says Tim Tebow just canít play « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4

JavaRay

User is banned from postingMuted
Hall of Famer

ę #30 : August 03, 2011, 09:54:44 PM Ľ

About as well as Steve Young worked out his first couple of years.

yeah but the difference between them is that Steve Young had NFL-caliber talent.

Uh huh.   You are probably too young to know this, but he played for the LA Express in the USFL first before coming to the Bucs.   The LA Express wanted to use him as a running back because they didn't think he was a QB.    His career early on was very similar to Tebow's with people doubting he was a QB.

stormsct

Starter

ę #31 : August 03, 2011, 09:57:15 PM Ľ

@TimTebow
Tim Tebow
Hey Merril...... 'ppreciate that

LOL...I guess Tebow wasn't that happy about what was said.

anterrabae33

Hall of Famer

ę #32 : August 03, 2011, 10:04:15 PM Ľ

About as well as Steve Young worked out his first couple of years.

yeah but the difference between them is that Steve Young had NFL-caliber talent.

Uh huh.   You are probably too young to know this, but he played for the LA Express in the USFL first before coming to the Bucs.   The LA Express wanted to use him as a running back because they didn't think he was a QB.    His career early on was very similar to Tebow's with people doubting he was a QB.

Let's just say I trust the opinion of Bill Walsh over some USFL nobodies. He is in the HOF, so he had NFL-caliber talent, no way you can spin that.  Not only that but Young had all around talent, he could run, which is why they wanted to change his position in the USFL and why he was recruited so heavily by schools that ran the option in college. They even considered switching him to DB. I'll agree that Tebow has gone through somewhat of the same dilemma that Young did except people actually believed Young could be a good NFL QB (see Bill Walsh) unlike the consensus around the NFL (the N. F. L., the top, the bees knees, the only game in town worth watching) is that Tebow does not have what it takes. He should have that starting job locked up but instead he managed to let someone the team was deadset on trading beat him out for the job and ultimately change the team's mind. And that's not to take away from Orton who is a decent QB.

Blaze688

Hall of Famer

ę #33 : August 03, 2011, 10:53:37 PM Ľ

Walsh also said that Young's struggles were caused more by a lack of fundamentals than his supporting cast in Tampa.  He got a hold of him and said he was a complete mess.  So unless John Fox is the same caliber of QB coach that Bill Walsh was... then I wouldn't hold my breath waiting for Tebow's "Steve Young career arc."

bashear

Hall of Famer

ę #34 : August 04, 2011, 01:20:21 AM Ľ

The book is  still out on Tebow, but he needs a chance to develop. Right now, Orton is the superior QB, but the Broncos might feel that they need to see if Tebow's ceiling is higher than Orton's ceiling. We know that the Broncos were prepared to go into the season without Orton, and they still may.

Orton better play well, because it would surprise nobody if Tebow is inserted into the line-up when the Broncos feel the playoffs are out of their grasp. Even with Orton as the starter, we may see a lot of Tebow near the goal line. I am not, by any means, a Tebow supporter, but I'd like to see what he does if he's given a chance.

Isn't this Merril Hoge?

ę : August 04, 2011, 01:26:27 AM bashear Ľ

Skull and Bones

Hall of Famer

ę #35 : August 04, 2011, 08:39:35 AM Ľ

on the NFLN this morning they said the Broncos might be open to trading Tebow.

JavaRay

Hall of Famer

ę #36 : August 04, 2011, 08:40:35 AM Ľ

If that were true, the Bucs need to be all over that.

Skull and Bones

Hall of Famer

ę #37 : August 04, 2011, 09:00:56 AM Ľ

I'd trade JJ straight up for him.  Afterall, the great JJ should have no problem beating out an average starting QB like Orton.  And we get a backup for a few more years.  One that would help sell tickets.

PassThePigSkin

Hall of Famer

ę #38 : August 04, 2011, 09:57:33 AM Ľ

Wow I agree with Java. It would be nice to get Tebow in Tampa they do need a FB with Lorig out. Can Tebow long snap?

Wolf

Rookie

ę #39 : August 04, 2011, 10:47:29 AM Ľ

Wow I agree with Java. It would be nice to get Tebow in Tampa they do need a FB with Lorig out. Can Tebow long snap?
+1  Let's send them a 5th round pick and bring him in.  I understand he would help sell tickets.

I love this team, and would cheer them even if Leeman Bennett was coaching Alvin Harper and Eric Curry.

Bucpride5

Pro Bowler
ę #40 : August 04, 2011, 11:58:58 AM Ľ

I supported Tebow as the Gator QB but being a success in College is light years different than being successful in the NFL. Good luck Tebow, but you are no Josh Freeman. Glad we have our Franchise QB.

Formerly known as T

I\'ll be optimistic until I see a reason not to be

JavaRay

Hall of Famer

ę #41 : August 04, 2011, 12:02:56 PM Ľ

Can Tebow long snap?

Since he's the greatest athlete to ever play the game, I'm betting he could.   But he'd be the starting QB if he were here, so I doubt they'd risk letting him long snap.   

Wolf

Rookie

ę #42 : August 04, 2011, 12:05:29 PM Ľ

Can Tebow long snap?

Since he's the greatest athlete to ever play the game, I'm betting he could.   But he'd be the starting wildcat QB if he were here, so I doubt they'd risk letting him long snap.

FTFY

I would still like to pick him up as FB or TE.

I love this team, and would cheer them even if Leeman Bennett was coaching Alvin Harper and Eric Curry.

JavaRay

Hall of Famer

ę #43 : August 04, 2011, 12:06:23 PM Ľ

Imagine Tebow at QB and Freeman at TE or FB or DE.    That team would be damn tough to beat.

Wolf

Rookie

ę #44 : August 04, 2011, 12:07:47 PM Ľ

Your right!  It would be comedy gold!

Page: 1 2 3 4
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Merril Hoge says Tim Tebow just canít play « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools