Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: If the Bucs want to put Fans back in the seats..... « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 ... 5

Bucko40

Hall of Famer
: August 03, 2011, 09:33:49 PM

They have to do more to excite the Fan base. Just drafting well isn't going to do it anymore. Last year was amazing but the Bucs won't be playing the NFC West this season. Drafted players cause an initial buzz but no one really knows how that will play out on the field come gametime.

I have been preaching perception for a while now. The majority of fans perceive the Bucs still as a rebuilding team still. This isn't going to fill seats. Adding a FA CB as insurance over a aging Ronde and the troublesome Talib would have been nice. Now Caddy is gone, so we better pray Blount is healthy for 16 games.  There are to many questions still surrounding this team.

-will MLB be a strength or weakness
-who will emerge as the Defensive Leader
-can our DB's defend against the passing assault we will face this year
-will the rookie DE live up to their hype
-can the no name OL improve to open running lanes and protect Freeman better.
-who will be Blount's back-up? A rookie monster  or Graham or someone not on the roster yet.
-can Freeman continue to build chemistry with WR/TE.

Some of these questions could have been answered already through FA but haven't.

Let's hope the Bucs continue their improvement but with a tougher schedule that will be hard to duplicate the 2010 season.

jerseybucsfan

Hall of Famer
#1 : August 03, 2011, 09:37:21 PM

I'd sign off on 10 wins again if it means a playoff berth.

In Verner We Trust

Chris_BucFan60

User is on moderator watch listWatched
Pro Bowler

#2 : August 03, 2011, 09:40:05 PM

Hello people we have a FRANCHISE QUARTERBACK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Who ever is not interested is an idiot and does not deserve to see them play or even talk about the team!
Go Bucs!!

JavaRay

User is banned from postingMuted
Hall of Famer

#3 : August 03, 2011, 09:41:46 PM

with a tougher schedule that will be hard to duplicate the 2010 season.

There has never been an easier schedule in the history of the NFL than that 2010 schedule.   That 2010 schedule wouldn't have been so easy had the opponents not lost their starting QB almost every week they played the Bucs.   Those teams had their starters against other teams so they didn't appear as weak overall as they really were the week they played against the Bucs.

That being said, 2011 is also a fairly weak schedule.

jlr0714

Starter
#4 : August 03, 2011, 09:44:49 PM

A franchise QB and one of the most exciting young wideouts and bulldozing RBs...and incredibly exciting young, violent and driven D-Linemen....who the heck needs a splash 30 year old FA to get excited about this team?????  Seriously??

anterrabae33

Hall of Famer

#5 : August 03, 2011, 09:47:48 PM

with a tougher schedule that will be hard to duplicate the 2010 season.

There has never been an easier schedule in the history of the NFL than that 2010 schedule.   That 2010 schedule wouldn't have been so easy had the opponents not lost their starting QB almost every week they played the Bucs.   Those teams had their starters against other teams so they didn't appear as weak overall as they really were the week they played against the Bucs.

That being said, 2011 is also a fairly weak schedule.

Injuries are a part of the game. They lost guys, we lost guys.

Chris_BucFan60

User is on moderator watch listWatched
Pro Bowler

#6 : August 03, 2011, 09:48:28 PM

A franchise QB and one of the most exciting young wideouts and bulldozing RBs...and incredibly exciting young, violent and driven D-Linemen....who the heck needs a splash 30 year old FA to get excited about this team?????  Seriously??
Exactly its a joke its the dumbest excuse I've ever heard just shows how bad of fans we have here. Can't even support their damn team

jlr0714

Starter
#7 : August 03, 2011, 09:50:49 PM

Oh...so now 2011 is an easy schedule too?  Equivocating just in case the team disappoints you and does well again so you can say it's just because their schedule was easy again?  Sheesh!

JavaRay

Hall of Famer

#8 : August 03, 2011, 09:51:42 PM

They lost guys, we lost guys.

Had the Bucs lost Freeman, I would have said it was a level playing field.   

JavaRay

Hall of Famer

#9 : August 03, 2011, 09:52:25 PM

Oh...so now 2011 is an easy schedule too?

Not as easy at 2010.   That's why I'm predicting 6-10 for 2011.

Bucko40

Hall of Famer
#10 : August 03, 2011, 09:54:46 PM

Where is the depth at those positions? I'm excited about the Bucs offense but they must stay healthy. I have to many questions on Defense. For the record I was never a advocate of Asomugha but I would have welcome so added depth with a quality mid level CB.

cyberdude558

Hall of Famer

#11 : August 03, 2011, 09:55:21 PM

Hello people we have a FRANCHISE QUARTERBACK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Who ever is not interested is an idiot and does not deserve to see them play or even talk about the team!
Go Bucs!!

Who cares if you have a franchise QB if your defense is a mess?

You need a defense to win in this league. And this regime does not want to bring in any free agents. They are cheap.

No one wants to watch a team where the owners have no interest in winning.

This team is overhyped. Take away Freeman's superior play last year and this team might not win 6 games last year.

JavaRay

Hall of Famer

#12 : August 03, 2011, 09:56:28 PM

This team is overhyped. Take away Freeman's superior play last year and this team might not win 6 games last year.

I don't think it's possible for Raheem to ever win even one game without Freeman carrying him.

anterrabae33

Hall of Famer

#13 : August 03, 2011, 09:57:11 PM

They lost guys, we lost guys.

Had the Bucs lost Freeman, I would have said it was a level playing field.   

Durability is also part of the game.

bucball1

Rookie
#14 : August 03, 2011, 09:58:24 PM

Thats the truth the schedule last yr was weak .As Ilook across  the league every team is gettin better but us .So by week 7 they will be calling for Doms head for lack of useing resources
Page: 1 2 3 ... 5
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: If the Bucs want to put Fans back in the seats..... « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools