Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: If the Bucs want to put Fans back in the seats..... « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4 5

JavaRay

User is banned from postingMuted
Hall of Famer

#15 : August 03, 2011, 09:59:45 PM

They lost guys, we lost guys.

Had the Bucs lost Freeman, I would have said it was a level playing field.   

Durability is also part of the game.

Of course.   But the Bucs were very lucky last year that almost every week they were playing that team's backup QB or the starter was playing hurt.    Other weeks those teams had their starters healthy, but it seemed the week they played the Bucs, their starter was out routinely.

JavaRay

Hall of Famer

#16 : August 03, 2011, 10:04:31 PM

Getting back on topic, if the Bucs had wanted to sell seats, they should have drafted Tim Tebow.

PewterPirate54

User is on moderator watch listWatched
Pro Bowler

#17 : August 03, 2011, 10:10:17 PM

Hello people we have a FRANCHISE QUARTERBACK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Who ever is not interested is an idiot and does not deserve to see them play or even talk about the team!
Go Bucs!!

Who cares if you have a franchise QB if your defense is a mess?

You need a defense to win in this league. And this regime does not want to bring in any free agents. They are cheap.

No one wants to watch a team where the owners have no interest in winning.

This team is overhyped. Take away Freeman's superior play last year and this team might not win 6 games last year.
Just ask the fans in Indy what you just said I think they are fine with their FRANCHISE QUATERBACK. Not saying i want a teAm like that. and hello we are building a defense you idiot  look at the drafts past 2 years HELLO!!! and NOT ONE defensive free agent would have came in here this year and made a big impact. And didnt need Namndi. And why in hell would you take Freemans season away and about Blount and Mike Williams. ok just shut up and stop making these stupid damn excuses its exhausting.

Tommy

Starter

#18 : August 03, 2011, 10:10:43 PM

Hello people we have a FRANCHISE QUARTERBACK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Who ever is not interested is an idiot and does not deserve to see them play or even talk about the team!
Go Bucs!!

Who cares if you have a franchise QB if your defense is a mess?

You need a defense to win in this league. And this regime does not want to bring in any free agents. They are cheap.

No one wants to watch a team where the owners have no interest in winning.

This team is overhyped. Take away Freeman's superior play last year and this team might not win 6 games last year.
A franchise QB is what consistently gets u W's in this league. Check out Peyton Manning's record, not comparing Free to Peyton. Our D was pretty decent last year and I love Rah's playcalling. We fixed our Dline late year and kept from getting gashed by some stud running backs. I think going out and overspending on FAs is not our style and it never has been. We will see though, I think we have a pretty brutal schedule this year, but if our D improves we will have a chance to win.

Tommy

Starter

#19 : August 03, 2011, 10:15:30 PM

The main thing this team can do to put fans butts in seats is keep winning games, especially at home. If they can build off last seasons success, more and more "fans" will start smoking whats in the pipe. This team (Rah and MD) have done nothing but turn this team around and built a team that can be good for the long haul. I have a lot of faith in the decisions they make (except for Clayton) and I am really excited about the direction this team is traveling in. Keep the faith

Zsnore

Pro Bowler
#20 : August 03, 2011, 10:16:29 PM

I don't think it's possible for Raheem to ever win even one game without Freeman carrying him.

Yeah cause that would be 12 men on the field. Its not allowed in Football Java.

This is what I think about the Glazers being cheap...

JavaRay

Hall of Famer

#21 : August 03, 2011, 10:18:39 PM

Yeah cause that would be 12 men on the field. Its not allowed in Football Java.

That doesn't even make any sense.   How do you get 12 men from not having Freeman playing?    You think Raheem would try to put 2 QB's on the field to replace him?

Let me know when Raheem wins a game without Freeman.   He's lost every one that any other QB has started.
: August 03, 2011, 10:21:31 PM JavaRay

Zsnore

Pro Bowler
#22 : August 03, 2011, 10:23:45 PM

Let me know when Raheem wins a game without Freeman.   He's lost every one that any other QB has started.

Well since its Raheem that brought Freeman here. He also said that this kid was IT from the beginning.. Amateurs make this kinda call on a QB??? Lets just be honest Java. Raheem, makes studs out of 6th and 7th string DB's, and brings in the franchise. MD and Raheem have saved us despite the Glazers lack of spending. I wont bomb anybody talking hates on the Glazers (they did bring the SB tho) but you are off on Raheem, and MD.
: August 03, 2011, 10:32:14 PM Zsnore

Beatles123

Hall of Famer

#23 : August 03, 2011, 10:24:24 PM

You wanna know how to win the fans over?

WIN GAMES.

The season shall decide for us.

This space for rent....*sigh* I trusted you coach.

JavaRay

Hall of Famer

#24 : August 03, 2011, 10:26:28 PM

Raheem, makes studs out of 6th and 7th string DB's

How did he do with 2nd round pick Sabby?

SWAGGARRR

Hall of Famer

#25 : August 03, 2011, 10:30:36 PM

I don't think it's possible for Raheem to ever win even one game without Freeman carrying him.
If that's the case, Gruden didn't win a Super Bowl without the D carrying him... Rah and Dom are what this team needs... With that being said,  I wish the Glazer boys would walk the plank...

Tommy

Starter

#26 : August 03, 2011, 10:31:22 PM

Come on man, nobody strikes gold on every draft pick. But we do seem to have some bad luck w/ 2nd rounders. Hopefully Bowers can break that mold and become defensive rook of the year. Again have some faith in MD and Rah, they have done nothing but impress so far.

SWAGGARRR

Hall of Famer

#27 : August 03, 2011, 10:32:22 PM

You mean Grudens 2nd round pick... Gruden and Allen couldn't draft for **CENSORED**...

threadkiller

Hall of Famer

#28 : August 03, 2011, 10:34:05 PM

Unfortunately I get the feeling ownership couldn't care a whole lot less about putting fans back in the seats.  They'll pull another huge chunk of cash out of their Tampa franchise to reinvest overseas this season even with half full stadiums and another season of blackouts.  The CBA gifted them another season (or is it 2?) of spending as close to nothing as possible while maintaining an equal split of the league revenue.  Thankfully, it won't be long before they're forced contractually to maintain a competitive roster salary.  In the mean time I'm guessing we'll give away our cap advantage and go into future seasons with nothing to show for the 2/3 years of cap opportunity other then helping to balance ManU's books.  Hope I'm wrong. 

Zsnore

Pro Bowler
#29 : August 03, 2011, 10:35:42 PM

Come on man, nobody strikes gold on every draft pick. But we do seem to have some bad luck w/ 2nd rounders. Hopefully Bowers can break that mold and become defensive rook of the year. Again have some faith in MD and Rah, they have done nothing but impress so far.

I say he IS an NFL caliber coach, I give you facts and reasons, and you come back with Sabby Piscateli. You may not care, which is fine. But if you ever wont me to acknowledge anything you say, or if u ever want me to stop making you look horrible... You will need to step it up

Page: 1 2 3 4 5
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: If the Bucs want to put Fans back in the seats..... « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools