Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: If the Bucs want to put Fans back in the seats..... « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4 5

tmac87

Starter
#30 : August 03, 2011, 10:39:09 PM

Getting back on topic, if the Bucs had wanted to sell seats, they should have drafted Tim Tebow.

lol. And BENCH FREEMAN! ....... -__-

Even if you get off my island, Goldson and Barron are right there. You want to go across the middle and get tattooed, it is what it is. - Revis Isle

JavaRay

User is banned from postingMuted
Hall of Famer

#31 : August 03, 2011, 10:42:27 PM

No, they should have taken Harvin instead of Freeman, knowing that Tebow was coming out the following year.

JavaRay

User is banned from postingMuted
Hall of Famer

#32 : August 03, 2011, 10:44:34 PM

Raheem, makes studs out of 6th and 7th string DB's

How did he do with 2nd round pick Sabby?
You mean Grudens 2nd round pick... Gruden and Allen couldn't draft for **CENSORED**...

The premise was that Heemy was such a great coach he could coach up weak players.   Sabby even had a lot of talent but couldn't be coached up by Heemy.

Zsnore

User is on moderator watch listWatched
Pro Bowler
#33 : August 03, 2011, 10:52:47 PM

You mean Grudens 2nd round pick... Gruden and Allen couldn't draft for **CENSORED**...

The premise was that Heemy was such a great coach he could coach up weak players.   Sabby even had a lot of talent but couldn't be coached up by Heemy.

I see your gonna avoid me now, and attempt redirect your stupid little statement into something that tries to look a little less dumb. Good call

This is what I think about the Glazers being cheap...

SWAGGARRR

Hall of Famer

#34 : August 03, 2011, 10:57:35 PM

Sabby couldn't even be coached up in Cleveland... Rah has done a pretty good job with bis recent draft choices...  C'mon bro, get off Grudens jock and support your team... I know you're not a troll but give it a break... I'm not happy with the Glazers but that isn't going to make me jump ship...

SWAGGARRR

Hall of Famer

#35 : August 03, 2011, 11:00:32 PM

BTW - Sabby should have never been drafted... Sabby is garbage... I bet he wouldn't even last in the AFL...

bucshot420

Starter

#36 : August 03, 2011, 11:02:47 PM

I miss the Java of old.  Seems you used to have a lot of valuable insight to add to posts, now I couldn't tell you when the last time was, that you had something positive to say about the team.  I was right there with you at the beginning with doubts of Morris and Dom.  To be honest, like most Buc fans I was totally hoping for Percy Harvin in that draft, and was elated when he fell to us thinking that we might get him.  Hindsight however is 20/20 and no matter what the circumstances I would not go back and choose Harvin over Freeman.  Being a lifelong gator fan I loved Tim Tebow in college, but even then between the long wind-up and him locking onto receivers,  I knew that while there was a chance for him to be good, he was never going to be Elite at the pro level.  I will say that Dom and Raheem have won me over, and I trust their decisions.  We have the makings of a very young, exciting team.  Yes we need some more depth obviously. but really most teams in the NFL beyond their starters are pretty weak.  Can't wait for the pre-season to start next week!

doobiedoright

Hall of Famer

#37 : August 03, 2011, 11:06:39 PM

Hello people we have a FRANCHISE QUARTERBACK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Who ever is not interested is an idiot and does not deserve to see them play or even talk about the team!
Go Bucs!!

Who cares if you have a franchise QB if your defense is a mess?

You need a defense to win in this league. And this regime does not want to bring in any free agents. They are cheap.

No one wants to watch a team where the owners have no interest in winning.

This team is overhyped. Take away Freeman's superior play last year and this team might not win 6 games last year.

Take away breese,or brady or peyton and you will say the same thing!

Beatles123

Hall of Famer

#38 : August 03, 2011, 11:14:19 PM

I miss the Java of old.  Seems you used to have a lot of valuable insight to add to posts, now I couldn't tell you when the last time was, that you had something positive to say about the team.  I was right there with you at the beginning with doubts of Morris and Dom.  To be honest, like most Buc fans I was totally hoping for Percy Harvin in that draft, and was elated when he fell to us thinking that we might get him.  Hindsight however is 20/20 and no matter what the circumstances I would not go back and choose Harvin over Freeman.  Being a lifelong gator fan I loved Tim Tebow in college, but even then between the long wind-up and him locking onto receivers,  I knew that while there was a chance for him to be good, he was never going to be Elite at the pro level.  I will say that Dom and Raheem have won me over, and I trust their decisions.  We have the makings of a very young, exciting team.  Yes we need some more depth obviously. but really most teams in the NFL beyond their starters are pretty weak.  Can't wait for the pre-season to start next week!
^ CHEER THIS MAN.

This space for rent....*sigh* I trusted you coach.

ufojoe

Hall of Famer

#39 : August 03, 2011, 11:59:45 PM

Why any of you still try to reason with the two idiots in this thread is beyond me. One has a crush on the Jockey underwear QB and the other focuses on negativity 99% of the time.

We were 10-6 last year, we're 0-0 right now and we have some really exciting players on the team. I don't need to mention them again. If you can't get excited about this team and refuse to go to games, (assuming you can afford it) you should go find another team to support. Just get the hell out.

Can you imagine fans of another team whining like this after a 10-6 season? Tampa definitely has some of the worst fans in sports.

And some of the best. The best ones know who they are.

Zsnore

User is on moderator watch listWatched
Pro Bowler
#40 : August 04, 2011, 12:03:56 AM

Why any of you still try to reason with the two idiots in this thread is beyond me. One has a crush on the Jockey underwear QB and the other focuses on negativity 99% of the time.

We were 10-6 last year, we're 0-0 right now and we have some really exciting players on the team. I don't need to mention them again. If you can't get excited about this team and refuse to go to games, (assuming you can afford it) you should go find another team to support. Just get the hell out.

Can you imagine fans of another team whining like this after a 10-6 season? Tampa definitely has some of the worst fans in sports.

Agreed on all points, especially the ones made in BOLD

This is what I think about the Glazers being cheap...

cyberdude558

Hall of Famer

#41 : August 04, 2011, 12:37:06 AM

Because most people know this team was a fluke last year. 10 wins where 2 were from the Panthers and 4 from the NFC West. 2 other wins came from the Browns and Bengals who are a mess.

Was the team better in 2010 than they were in 2009? Absolutely. But they are not a playoff-caliber team last year and they wont be again this year. They passed up a chance to really upgrade the team in several key areas. And Dominik can spew the company line all he wants....Im not buying it and neither is most people in Tampa. This is about money. Plain and simple. The Bucs have the cheapest payroll in the league...$15 million below the next closest team.

People are never going to fill those stands until the Glazers prove they want a winning team....not just say so.

Now thank god the floor will return in 2013. So the Glazers will have to spend money then. Maybe then we can have a good team with enough pieces to make a playoff run. But until then....enjoy mediocrity.

Bucko40

Hall of Famer
#42 : August 04, 2011, 01:02:36 AM

My concern with this team is depth at the skill positions or should I say lack of depth. If this team has another year of injuries like last year then it's going to be an awful season. Playing stronger teams in the AFC South and NFC North isn't going to help us.

If our DL fails to perform then our weak secondary is going to get lit up again this year.

bashear

Hall of Famer

#43 : August 04, 2011, 01:48:29 AM

Oh...so now 2011 is an easy schedule too?  Equivocating just in case the team disappoints you and does well again so you can say it's just because their schedule was easy again?  Sheesh!
Bingo.

Bucsfan4life323

Starter
#44 : August 04, 2011, 01:51:59 AM

Because most people know this team was a fluke last year. 10 wins where 2 were from the Panthers and 4 from the NFC West. 2 other wins came from the Browns and Bengals who are a mess.

Was the team better in 2010 than they were in 2009? Absolutely. But they are not a playoff-caliber team last year and they wont be again this year. They passed up a chance to really upgrade the team in several key areas. And Dominik can spew the company line all he wants....Im not buying it and neither is most people in Tampa. This is about money. Plain and simple. The Bucs have the cheapest payroll in the league...$15 million below the next closest team.

People are never going to fill those stands until the Glazers prove they want a winning team....not just say so.

Now thank god the floor will return in 2013. So the Glazers will have to spend money then. Maybe then we can have a good team with enough pieces to make a playoff run. But until then....enjoy mediocrity.

Do you ever stop whining?

Page: 1 2 3 4 5
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: If the Bucs want to put Fans back in the seats..... « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools