Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: If the Bucs want to put Fans back in the seats..... « previous next »
Page: 1 ... 3 4 5

MiltonMack21

User is on moderator watch listWatched
Hall of Famer

#60 : August 04, 2011, 09:10:15 AM

but I would have welcome so added depth with a quality mid level CB.

such as?
I got a name for ya. Eric Wright. Something is toxic about the Bucs right now.
Eric Wright. Now THAT would've filled those stands!

Bring back Bruce Allen!
Re-signing Davin Joseph only drove more fans away from wanting to buy tickets. The Glazers are not about competing they are in it to make money for the team they love over on the other side of the pond.
Really? Is that why they significantly overpaid him? Your argument contradicts itself. The Glazers are only in it to make money, so they overpaid an average-above average player to get people to buy less tickets?

Stop posting and delete your account.
Brotha, the Glazers make their money regardless of the stadium attendance. I get the feeling Dominik over paid a below average guard to give the football illiterate fans something to celebrate. Football people know that was a bad signing.

GameTime

Hall of Famer
#61 : August 04, 2011, 09:48:17 AM

is he even as good as biggers? 

\"Lets put the O back in Country\"

Tobias Funke

Starter
#62 : August 04, 2011, 10:18:18 AM

such as?

Bring back Bruce Allen!
Re-signing Davin Joseph only drove more fans away from wanting to buy tickets. The Glazers are not about competing they are in it to make money for the team they love over on the other side of the pond.
Really? Is that why they significantly overpaid him? Your argument contradicts itself. The Glazers are only in it to make money, so they overpaid an average-above average player to get people to buy less tickets?

Brotha, the Glazers make their money regardless of the stadium attendance. I get the feeling Dominik over paid a below average guard to give the football illiterate fans something to celebrate. Football people know that was a bad signing.
I don't think anybody was really celebrating the Joseph signing. He isn't a bad player, and once we finally get away from the ZBS we're all going to see him improve, but they grossly overpaid him. On the other hand, there weren't many better FA guards that were REALISTICALLY available. But regardless, I haven't witnessed anyone more than lukewarm about Davin's contract, so I have no clue where you're pulling that argument from.

Wait another year or two once Freeman, Blount, MWill, Bowers, Clayborn, Grimm, etc all solidify themselves as stars in this league and start demanding big paydays. If the Glazers don't shell out to keep them all here and happy, then I'll jump on the "Glazers kickball cheap waaaaaahhhh" bandwagon. Until then, if you can't recognize just how disgustingly good this current nucleus has the potential to become, then you're the one who's football illiterate.

JDouble

Hall of Famer
#63 : August 04, 2011, 10:33:39 AM

That's just it Gametime. These doomsday guys think any FA is better than our own guys. There is no reasoning with them. It's like trying to debate religion with a trashcan.

Draft Aaron Donald

Tommy

Starter

#64 : August 04, 2011, 10:35:33 AM

such as?

Bring back Bruce Allen!

Prowl- Tell me which FA RG was available that u would have signed over Joseph? And what makes u think that he is an bad/average G? He is one of the better RGs in the league. Do you not notice the talent? The guy doesn't have the best players to his left or right. I respect Dom for not listening to the "fans" and making the tough/no so popular call and resigning him. When we make it to the playoffs all those bandwagon fans will dash for a seat before they are all taken up.

BucBalla85

Hall of Famer

#65 : August 04, 2011, 10:37:29 AM

That's just it Gametime. These doomsday guys think any FA is better than our own guys. There is no reasoning with them. It's like trying to debate religion with a trashcan.

lol Im glad there are some smart people on this board.

bucfan33

Pro Bowler
#66 : August 04, 2011, 12:59:00 PM

such as?

Bring back Bruce Allen!

What "Football People" ???
You?

wreck ship

Hall of Famer

#67 : August 04, 2011, 01:28:53 PM

Getting back on topic, if the Bucs had wanted to sell seats, they should have drafted Tim Tebow.
damn good point. they should still sign him as a career back

philosophy is questions that may never be answered
religion is answers that may never be questioned
Page: 1 ... 3 4 5
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: If the Bucs want to put Fans back in the seats..... « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools