Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: PFF gives Bucs "D" for free agency « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 ... 5

Feel Real Good

Hall of Famer

« : August 04, 2011, 10:13:34 AM »

Quote from: Khaled Elsayed
Tampa Bay Buccaneers

Big Signing:
Quincy Black. They overpaid for him, but Black is the kind of linebacker you can rely on to do what he’s meant to do. Not overly flashy but you don’t always need to be.

Under the Radar: Adam Hayward. He’ll help out on special teams.

Big Loss: Stylez White. He was the only defensive end generating pressure for them last year. They’re going to need their rookies to be NFL ready on a shortened off season program.

Grade: D. Yes they want to build through the draft, but that doesn’t mean they need to overpay for free agents. How Davin Joseph’s agent wangled him that much money given his performance the past three years is beyond any one at PFF. 10-6 on a soft schedule could quite easily become sub .500 with the improvements in their division

http://www.profootballfocus.com/blog/2011/08/04/free-agency-2011-%e2%80%93-nfc-grades/

FRG is the most logical poster on this board.  You guys just don\'t like where the logical conclusions take you.

GameTime

Hall of Famer
« #1 : August 04, 2011, 10:28:42 AM »

all in all i wouldnt argue the grade.  you cant get a good grade if you dont play.  but biggest loss stylez white?  c'mon.

\"Lets put the O back in Country\"

Feel Real Good

Hall of Famer

« #2 : August 04, 2011, 10:30:44 AM »

all in all i wouldnt argue the grade.  you cant get a good grade if you dont play.  but biggest loss stylez white?  c'mon.
Do you see a bigger loss that him?

FRG is the most logical poster on this board.  You guys just don\'t like where the logical conclusions take you.

xBuCsX_4_XeVax

User is on moderator watch listWatched
Pro Bowler

« #3 : August 04, 2011, 10:33:40 AM »

hell we should of gotten an F- we did absolutely nothing im still bothered by it...i think it was a bad move by us

xBuCsX_4_XeVax

User is on moderator watch listWatched
Pro Bowler

« #4 : August 04, 2011, 10:34:28 AM »

i think Max Starks still out there..and he's a better OT then Trueblood would ever be

BucBalla85

Hall of Famer

« #5 : August 04, 2011, 10:36:21 AM »

Ill grade em when the seasons over.

Biggs3535

Hall of Famer
« #6 : August 04, 2011, 10:38:30 AM »

PFF's anti-Buccaneer bias continues...

jlr0714

Starter
« #7 : August 04, 2011, 10:41:12 AM »

Categorizing the loss of White as a 'big loss' when we drafted Bowers & Claiborne convinces me not to take this very seriously.    White was highly ineffective last year, and had some of the worst practice
habits of any player we've seen...so it's not as if he could even serve as a 'mentor' to the young guys. 

Feel Real Good

Hall of Famer

« #8 : August 04, 2011, 10:47:43 AM »

Categorizing the loss of White as a 'big loss' when we drafted Bowers & Claiborne convinces me not to take this very seriously.    White was highly ineffective last year, and had some of the worst practice habits of any player we've seen...so it's not as if he could even serve as a 'mentor' to the young guys.
I think the only point they're making is comparing White to Tim Crowder, Michael Bennett, Kyle Moore, and Alex Magee.

Condor Bastadon

Starter

« #9 : August 04, 2011, 10:51:55 AM »

Categorizing the loss of White as a 'big loss' when we drafted Bowers & Claiborne convinces me not to take this very seriously.    White was highly ineffective last year, and had some of the worst practice habits of any player we've seen...so it's not as if he could even serve as a 'mentor' to the young guys.
I think the only point they're making is comparing White to Tim Crowder, Michael Bennett, Kyle Moore, and Alex Magee.

Yep. People really don't like Stylez around here and it's kind of funny, seeing as he has really been the only decent pass rusher around the past few years. Maybe it's the lazy reputation, maybe it's the name change, or who knows what else. He's not particularly good against the run, but he's a legitimately good pass rusher. He never should have been anything more than a 3rd down rusher IMO, when we expanded his role last season I think it hurt his entire game. Though he was still generating more pressure than any of our other guys by a significant amount.

GameTime

Hall of Famer
« #10 : August 04, 2011, 10:58:15 AM »

interesting question.  bigger?  for arguments sake possibly crowder, caddy or ruud.  but i dont consider any of them "big" losses.  gaining by losing imo.

\"Lets put the O back in Country\"

Feel Real Good

Hall of Famer

« #11 : August 04, 2011, 11:02:14 AM »

interesting question.  bigger?  for arguments sake possibly crowder, caddy or ruud.  but i dont consider any of them "big" losses.  gaining by losing imo.
Exactly. In the Bucs' case, it's a flawed question, but you still have to answer someone.

Skull and Bones

Hall of Famer

« #12 : August 04, 2011, 11:08:39 AM »

I'd say Caddie.  Not that I was dying for us to resign him.  But his impact last yhear was bigger.

BucNY

Hall of Famer

« #13 : August 04, 2011, 11:21:09 AM »

Biggest loss was Caddy NOT White!! Are you kidding me? Played all year and 4.5 sacks!! How exactly is that a big loss?

\\\\\\\"This forum needs a poster like BucNY now more than ever\\\\\\\"
      - Everyone

Biggs3535

Hall of Famer
« #14 : August 04, 2011, 11:27:16 AM »

Biggest loss was Caddy NOT White!! Are you kidding me? Played all year and 4.5 sacks!! How exactly is that a big loss?

How is 27.3 YPG a big loss?

Page: 1 2 3 ... 5
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: PFF gives Bucs "D" for free agency « previous next »
:  

Hide Tools Show Tools