Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: PFF gives Bucs "D" for free agency « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4 5

jlr0714

Starter
#15 : August 04, 2011, 11:35:39 AM

Interesting....anyone know what team this is about?   :-)

"While the XXXXXX's rarely make a free agency splash other than re-signing their own, the pipeline that XXXXXXXXXXXXX has established with the draft is well-respected throughout the league, and just keeps supplying more fuel for the XXXXXXXX's title hopes. This year's draft class includes several expected contributors: first-round pick XXXXXXXX, an offensive tackle who is already working at first-team left guard; second-round slot receiver/return man XXXXXXXXX; third-round running back XXXXXXXX; and keep an eye on XXXXXXXX, a fifth-round steal out of XXXXXXXXXX who will only add to the XXXXXXXXX'S disgustingly deep tight end depth chart.

"The NFL is all about windows, and we have guys signed and guys in the right spots where we can make a three- or four-year run here,'' XXXXXXXX said. " I don't think anyone's going to overlook a certain year, that's just not how we're put together. But when you have a general manager whose philosophy is to draft players, bring them up in your program, and then pay them, you can't help but feel confident that we're going to have an opportunity to make a run. And it gives you confidence that it's not just a three- or four-year window. We're going to bring in guys consistently every year, and have an opportunity every year to be successful.''

1sparkybuc

Hall of Famer
#16 : August 04, 2011, 12:57:41 PM

Biggest loss was Caddy NOT White!! Are you kidding me? Played all year and 4.5 sacks!! How exactly is that a big loss?

How is 27.3 YPG a big loss?

His value as the primary RB stunk. His true value can be found in Freeman's stats, and Blount's. Graham probably could have done a better job but he was our FB. Caddy was our best option at pass protection and catching passes from th RB position last year. He would not have been in 2011. Graham has been described as a coach on the field. He has the advantage of experience. Lumpkin, Bradford,and Madu, are all younger and faster. Someone will upgrade the position. Clayborn will be an upgrade over White. The only thing he lacks is experience, and he'll get plenty of that.

It's hard to grade the process of free agency fairly since (A) it's not over, and (B) not every team needs to participate.

bashear

Hall of Famer

#17 : August 04, 2011, 01:04:56 PM

It's fair to give the Bucs such a lowly grade in FA, even though it's not over yet, nor has a down of football been played. Most important is the grade Dom will receive in team rebuilding.

wreck ship

Hall of Famer

#18 : August 04, 2011, 01:16:45 PM

Ill grade em when the seasons over.
/thread

philosophy is questions that may never be answered
religion is answers that may never be questioned

usmc-buc

Pro Bowler
#19 : August 04, 2011, 01:17:21 PM

I'll take a F, D, or incomplete year in and year out.

Free agency is for losers. yea yea, point to the patriots and eagles, with old veteran teams that are trying to stay "in the zone" for a few extra years. I don't blame then, hell we did that under Gruden, But we aren't even close to being in the same position as those teams.

Everyone wants to put the cart in front of this horse. Can we at least let this stack of bricks we have become a foundation before we try and fill slots with pieces. We Don't even know what we have on this roster at this point. Not sure why everyone thinks we are ready to make the push for the superbowl this year, you just delusional.

The management wants players who are built on their principals and Values, not some other coaches. They want our Leaders to fully grasp and buy into these concepts before we allow other Free Agents into the mix which could lead to muddled goals.

Once the foundation is in place (one, maybe two more years) Our leaders will be veteran enough to not be influenced by free agents mentalities and values. THEN and only then is the FOUNDATION Truly set to where this team will participate in Free agency.

Feel Real Good

Hall of Famer

#20 : August 04, 2011, 01:22:37 PM

Everyone wants to put the cart in front of this horse. Can we at least let this stack of bricks we have become a foundation before we try and fill slots with pieces. We Don't even know what we have on this roster at this point. Not sure why everyone thinks we are ready to make the push for the superbowl this year, you just delusional.
We did fill slots with pieces. The Bucs dished out over $20 million in 2011 salaries to players who weren't already under contract. Three of those players have combined to start over 150 career games for the team. They're not developing anymore. The Bucs FULLY participated in free agency.

FRG is the most logical poster on this board.  You guys just don\'t like where the logical conclusions take you.

blind melon

Hall of Famer

#21 : August 04, 2011, 01:23:15 PM

this grade is based purely on PFF statistics.

Take it for what it's worth...

Go get Bridgewater.   Do what it takes.

hsmith

Second String

#22 : August 04, 2011, 01:24:35 PM

I think a D is way to generous. The Bucs flat out have failed in free agency for the last 10 years.

1sparkybuc

Hall of Famer
#23 : August 04, 2011, 01:39:16 PM

I'll take a F, D, or incomplete year in and year out.

Free agency is for losers. yea yea, point to the patriots and eagles, with old veteran teams that are trying to stay "in the zone" for a few extra years. I don't blame then, hell we did that under Gruden, But we aren't even close to being in the same position as those teams.

The management wants players who are built on their principals and Values, not some other coaches. They want our Leaders to fully grasp and buy into these concepts before we allow other Free Agents into the mix which could lead to muddled goals.

Once the foundation is in place (one, maybe two more years) Our leaders will be veteran enough to not be influenced by free agents mentalities and values. THEN and only then is the FOUNDATION Truly set to where this team will participate in Free agency.

I remember being called delusional last year when I predicted 8 to 10 wins and a possible playoff spot. I'm fine with that. After what our team accomplished last year, I'm fine with making the same prediction. I believe the Bucs will make several adjustments to the starting lineup, but I don't believe they NEED to depend on free agency in order to reach the playoffs. This team has talent and great coaching. The great coaching was evident with the depth we didn't know we had. We may still be the youngest team in the league but we now have young guys with experience. I trust Dominik and Raheem. The progress of this team is obvious to all but the most biased, and they will never be happy.

freddy

Hall of Famer
#24 : August 04, 2011, 01:52:41 PM

Biggest loss was Caddy NOT White!! Are you kidding me? Played all year and 4.5 sacks!! How exactly is that a big loss?

I think it was clearly stated, it was not a big loss by itself, but if you compare the two, the loss of caddy is greater than the loss of White.  And to note, the comparision is more like which person finished 2374 and 2375 in the New york marathon. 2374 is not that great of a finish, but it's still better than 2375.

Caddy - Team Captain, motivational leader, mentor and great guy that averaged 27.3 ypg

to

White - unmotivated, poor habits, keep his practice habits away from the rookies and overall nice guy who averaged 1 sack every 4 games.

Caddy wins hands down.

bucs63

Starter
#25 : August 04, 2011, 01:53:33 PM

Did I miss Stylez signing with somewhere else? Seems like the Bucs didn't lose him yet. They're just throwing him to the curb.

Biggs3535

Hall of Famer
#26 : August 04, 2011, 02:27:43 PM

I think it was clearly stated, it was not a big loss by itself, but if you compare the two, the loss of caddy is greater than the loss of White.  And to note, the comparision is more like which person finished 2374 and 2375 in the New york marathon. 2374 is not that great of a finish, but it's still better than 2375.

Caddy - Team Captain, motivational leader, mentor and great guy that averaged 27.3 ypg

to

White - unmotivated, poor habits, keep his practice habits away from the rookies and overall nice guy who averaged 1 sack every 4 games.

Caddy wins hands down.

Hands down, huh?  There are other guys on the roster, Graham specifically, who can do what Caddy did just as good if not better as a 3rd down back.  What players on the roster now can do what White did as a situational pass rusher?

As a situational rusher - 2007-2008 in 2 starts:    13 sacks, 3 PD, and 8 FF
As a starter -                     2009-2010 in 21 starts:  11 sacks, 1 PD, and 2 FF

freddy

Hall of Famer
#27 : August 04, 2011, 02:57:24 PM

to

Caddy wins hands down.

Hands down, huh?  There are other guys on the roster, Graham specifically, who can do what Caddy did just as good if not better as a 3rd down back.  What players on the roster now can do what White did as a situational pass rusher?

As a situational rusher - 2007-2008 in 2 starts:    13 sacks, 3 PD, and 8 FF
As a starter -                     2009-2010 in 21 starts:  11 sacks, 1 PD, and 2 FF

Gee, if I had to pick two names off the top of my head real quick, Clayborn and Bowers?
: August 04, 2011, 03:07:19 PM Freddy

Feel Real Good

Hall of Famer

#28 : August 04, 2011, 03:05:40 PM

Clayborn and Bowers are not going to be situational pass rushers. They're the starters. The situational players are going to be some combination of Tim Crowder, Michael Bennett, Kyle Moore, and Alex Magee, none of whom have ever shown to be as good as Stylez.

FRG is the most logical poster on this board.  You guys just don\'t like where the logical conclusions take you.

Biggs3535

Hall of Famer
#29 : August 04, 2011, 03:06:44 PM

Gee, if I had to pick two names off the top of my head real quick, Clayborn and Bowers?

You want those guys to play all 2,000+ defensive snaps that the 2 defensive ends will have to play this year?  That might be asking a bit much.

Page: 1 2 3 4 5
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: PFF gives Bucs "D" for free agency « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools