Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: PFF gives Bucs "D" for free agency « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4 5

freddy

Hall of Famer
« #30 : August 04, 2011, 03:21:12 PM »

And yet, Caddy was pursued by at least a couple of teams and signed by one, and White, in a DE hungry league still sits there, apparently unwanted.  But you want only a situational player that will replace him, I’ll say Kyle Moore. You know why I say that, because apparently that is what Dom and Rah are saying too. No he hasn’t done it yet, but the coach has confidence in him so we should too. The loss of White does not make or break the defense. He will not even be missed. Much like Caddy won’t, just as you said, EG can do that job quite well too.
But I’ll make you a bet. I bet Moore gets 4.5 sacks this year (if he stays healthy of course). Pick your poison, let’s make the bet. White’s numbers will be replaced, quite easily.

Oh and there is a decent chance I'll make it to the dallas game so we can make the bet anything. And I'll even give you a little more. Moore will match White's(2010) numbers by the end of the Dallas game. That way you can pay me on the spot. How about $250?
« : August 04, 2011, 03:23:33 PM Freddy »

Biggs3535

Hall of Famer
« #31 : August 04, 2011, 03:31:29 PM »

The loss of White does not make or break the defense.  He will not even be missed. Much like Caddy won’t,

Just to be clear, I never said that about White.  I'm not even advocated re-signing him.  The argument was that White wouldn't be missed because he didn't produce well, but Caddy somehow is the biggest loss with his robust production.  That doesn't add up.

But I’ll make you a bet. I bet Moore gets 4.5 sacks this year (if he stays healthy of course). Pick your poison, let’s make the bet. White’s numbers will be replaced, quite easily.

Sounds fun.  $$$$???

Feel Real Good

Hall of Famer

« #32 : August 04, 2011, 03:35:34 PM »

I don't think it's a given Kyle Moore even makes the team.

FRG is the most logical poster on this board.  You guys just don\'t like where the logical conclusions take you.

Biggs3535

Hall of Famer
« #33 : August 04, 2011, 03:41:08 PM »

Ssshhhhhhhhhhhhhhh.

I'm about to make some coin.

GameTime

Hall of Famer
« #34 : August 04, 2011, 03:43:48 PM »

Clayborn and Bowers are not going to be situational pass rushers. They're the starters. The situational players are going to be some combination of Tim Crowder, Michael Bennett, Kyle Moore, and Alex Magee, none of whom have ever shown to be as good as Stylez.

if you were the GM/coach...would you take the potential of those players mentioned or the proven stylez?  for 2011, and beyond?

\"Lets put the O back in Country\"

Zsnore

User is on moderator watch listWatched
Pro Bowler
« #35 : August 04, 2011, 03:44:34 PM »

They did exactly what they said they would do. A-
When you execute according to your plans and still come out on top how can you grade this low?

This is what I think about the Glazers being cheap...

Feel Real Good

Hall of Famer

« #36 : August 04, 2011, 03:48:06 PM »

Clayborn and Bowers are not going to be situational pass rushers. They're the starters. The situational players are going to be some combination of Tim Crowder, Michael Bennett, Kyle Moore, and Alex Magee, none of whom have ever shown to be as good as Stylez.

if you were the GM/coach...would you take the potential of those players mentioned or the proven stylez?  for 2011, and beyond?
I don't play the crying game over back ups. While all evidence points to White being better, if the team wants to move on I don't care.

FRG is the most logical poster on this board.  You guys just don\'t like where the logical conclusions take you.

freddy

Hall of Famer
« #37 : August 04, 2011, 03:50:49 PM »

So it should be easy money for you right? Are you or either of you two officially accepting the bet? First come first serve. But hey, I'll let the two of you share in the misery and split the bet with me.

Biggs,
     I think the opinion that White was a horrible practivce player and could actually be a hinderance to both Bowers and Clayborn where as Caddy can and has helped rookies before and would have been of help to Bradford really tips the scales here. Neither player had anything close to even well, good numbers. It's the intangibles that make caddy's loss, IMHOP, greater than that of White.
« : August 04, 2011, 03:53:51 PM Freddy »

kool herc

Pro Bowler
« #38 : August 04, 2011, 03:55:20 PM »

who died and made PFF the expert?  seriously, who cares.

Biggs3535

Hall of Famer
« #39 : August 04, 2011, 03:57:26 PM »

So it should be easy money for you right? Are you or either of you two officially accepting the bet? First come first serve. But hey, I'll let the two of you share in the misery and split the bet with me.

Biggs,
     I think the opinion that White was a horrible practivce player and could actually be a hinderance to both Bowers and Clayborn where as Caddy can and has helped rookies before and would have been of help to Bradford really tips the scales here. Neither player had anything close to even well, good numbers. It's the intangibles that make caddy's loss, IMHOP, greater than that of White.

I thought I did take the bet.  How much, homey?

PM me and we'll work out the details.

Feel Real Good

Hall of Famer

« #40 : August 04, 2011, 04:03:17 PM »

If Kyle Moore has more than 4 sacks in the regular season for the Bucs, I will paypal you $10. You don't even have to give me anything if I win. A thread bump is all the satisfaction I need.

freddy

Hall of Famer
« #41 : August 04, 2011, 04:09:18 PM »

There was enough vagueness in that comment that someone might claim the bet was never made after they lost.

Bet is, Moore gets 4.5 sakcs by the end of the  Dallas game, barring injury.

Amount = $250 US

Only question is to each other or our favorite charties

Biggs3535

Hall of Famer
« #42 : August 04, 2011, 04:13:03 PM »

There was enough vagueness in that comment that someone might claim the bet was never made after they lost.

Bet is, Moore gets 4.5 sakcs by the end of the  Dallas game, barring injury.

Amount = $250 US

Only question is to each other or our favorite charties

Although I think the injury thing is a cop-out, charity works for me.

freddy

Hall of Famer
« #43 : August 04, 2011, 07:47:47 PM »

Yeah it's a cop out, he blows his knee out in week one and you would consider that a fair bet huh? Typical of what people have been PM'ing me about you. Most think you'll just find a way out like you have before. Or so I'm told. I have never seen you have the courage to make a bet before so I'm just repeating what other posters PM'd me.

And no, not a charity, cash to the person, so no lying about being paid. Then I'll donate your payment to charity.

FRG - Your bet is a win win. If he fails to get the sacks you get your thread bump for the sole purpose of trying to humiliate another poster, if he gets the sacks, then that's good for the team and it's fans.

Biggs3535

Hall of Famer
« #44 : August 04, 2011, 08:03:41 PM »

Yeah it's a cop out, he blows his knee out in week one and you would consider that a fair bet huh? Typical of what people have been PM'ing me about you. Most think you'll just find a way out like you have before. Or so I'm told. I have never seen you have the courage to make a bet before so I'm just repeating what other posters PM'd me.

And no, not a charity, cash to the person, so no lying about being paid. Then I'll donate your payment to charity.

Geezus Nancy, I'm not talking about season-ending injuries.  I'm talking about missing a game here or there for nagging injuries.  He's been in the league 2 seasons now, and hasn't even been able to play 16 games total yet.  Being available to play is pretty important.  White only missed one game in last four seasons, combined.

How many games does Moore have to play in for the bet to count for you?  If Moore gets cut, does the bet count?  I'm not the one making stipulations here, you are.   And let's make it $500
« : August 04, 2011, 08:05:32 PM Biggs3535 »

Page: 1 2 3 4 5
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: PFF gives Bucs "D" for free agency « previous next »
:  

Hide Tools Show Tools