Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: PFF gives Bucs "D" for free agency « previous next »
Page: 1 ... 3 4 5

freddy

Hall of Famer
#60 : September 02, 2011, 10:10:35 AM

Most of us wanted better players than both Trueblood and Lee to be the Buccaneers RT.

I thought you said you would be happy with TB and Lee if TB had just been paid less money?

And no, like you said, no changing the bet, and the bet was said to be paid at Tampa Stadium after the Dallas game.

And you didn't answer, do you still think there is no one on the team capable of getting 4.5 sacks this year as a situation pass rusher and that the loss of White can not be overcome?
: September 02, 2011, 10:14:16 AM Freddy

JDouble

Hall of Famer
#61 : September 02, 2011, 11:13:35 AM

I will agree that Trueblood is not the ideal starter at RT, but to all those folks that say resigning him was stupid and a waste of money....imagine if we hadn't and all we had right now was James Lee? Yikes!

Or, like most people have said, imagine signing an upgrade to both players...

It's funny to watch the people defending the re-signing of Trueblood make out the other side's argument to be pro-James Lee.  Most of us wanted better players than both Trueblood and Lee to be the Buccaneers RT.

Most of us wanted Lee to be the starter if we didn't get an upgrade. Things change.

Stop assuming an upgrade was an option that we didn't take. You have no idea whether we tried to go after a RT. You go off of rumors and assumptions and pretend they are fact. For all you know we tried to get multiple RTs in FA. If a player wants to stay where they are, they want to stay where they are. You can't just go paying a RT more money than your LT because you are desperate. Doug Free for example wanted to stay in Dallas. To get him to come to Tampa we would have had to grossly over pay him. he got $8M a year to stay in Dallas....should we have offered him $10M a year to play RT?

We got Trueblood as a one year stop gap. We signed him as insurance and competition for James Lee because Lee looked like a promising young starter. Trueblood will make a little over $4M this year and that will be all of his guaranteed money. If he looks bad we will cut him and draft a new RT. It's not like we gave him a long term deal or something. If he gets cut after this year we will have paid him a total of $10M over 6 years or $1.6M per year. Not exactly a huge amount. Seems like a good move for an insurance policy. Especially an insurance policy that ended up paying off.

Biggs3535

Hall of Famer
#62 : September 02, 2011, 12:33:14 PM

I thought you said you would be happy with TB and Lee if TB had just been paid less money?

Happy?  No, he's the quote you're yet again taking out of context:

Although I would have preferred an upgrade, I wouldn't have complained too much about signing him (Trueblood) to vet minimum and have an actual competition with Lee/Dotson.

And no, like you said, no changing the bet, and the bet was said to be paid at Tampa Stadium after the Dallas game.

If you don't want to pay me, you can donate the $1000 directly to charity, scan and upload the document as proof for last post.  That's fine with me.  If you win, you can either accept my payment by Paypal or not.  That's your call.

And you didn't answer, do you still think there is no one on the team capable of getting 4.5 sacks this year as a situation pass rusher and that the loss of White can not be overcome?

First, I never said the loss of White cannot be overcome.  Your constant need to make-up argument in an effort to make yours look better is ridiculous.

And yes, it's definitely possible for a situational pass rusher to get 4.5 sacks.  But I'm not stupid enough to think it will be Kyle Moore.

Biggs3535

Hall of Famer
#63 : December 20, 2011, 11:00:09 PM

Bet now stands at $1000 and deletion of the losers account on PR.

Why are you still posting here?  Do you not honor your word?  You lost a bet.  Delete your account.

freddy

Hall of Famer
#64 : December 20, 2011, 11:15:31 PM

Why are you still posting here?  Do you not honor your word?  You lost a bet.  Delete your account.

I will answer you only one time. I honored my side of the bet. You failed to honor your obligations. I was at the agreed upon location at the agreed upon time but you failed to show up. I could have just pocketed the money and walked away. But, in good faith (and because I love the charity) I donated the entire amount to the Toys for Tots at the game. But, since you failed to honor the bet in even the tiniest of ways, I was and still am not under any obligation to unilaterally honor mine, yet I still made the donation. No matter what fabrications you try to spin up, nothing can change that simple fact. You did not honor the bet and I did when I still paid $1000 dollars. I think that entitles me to keep my current account regardless of how much you may pout about it.  So go ahead and make post after post about it but I won't reply to your childish ways any more as I am done with you. Just be careful when you do though, I wouldn't want to see you get banned, again.

Biggs3535

Hall of Famer
#65 : December 20, 2011, 11:25:22 PM

I will answer you only one time. I honored my side of the bet.

No you haven't. You're still posting.

I was at the agreed upon location at the agreed upon time but you failed to show up.

There was no agreed upon location and time.  You're making things up, yet again.  I told you in this thread to donate the money to charity if you didn't want to send it to me because I wasn't even in the Eastern Time Zone on Saturday.

But, in good faith (and because I love the charity) I donated the entire amount to the Toys for Tots at the game. But, since you failed to honor the bet in even the tiniest of ways, I was and still am not under any obligation to unilaterally honor mine, yet I still made the donation..

If this is true, good for you.  Unfortunately your past fabrications with the truth make pretty hard to believe anything you say without verification.  That's why I told you to donate the money and upload the receipt as proof.  Your word, like deleting your account if you lost this bet, means zilch.

Most think you'll just find a way out like you have before.

Looks like you're trying to do just that.  Not surprising.

alldaway

Hall of Famer

#66 : December 20, 2011, 11:38:04 PM

Based on what Mangurian did with the same set of players, the FO misread the tea leaves.  Mangurian had a lot of the young guys overachieving so the assumption Pat Morris could the same was a big mistake it seems.  But in fairness to Morris he needs more talent to work with.

Sad we all saw this coming months ago.  :(
Page: 1 ... 3 4 5
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: PFF gives Bucs "D" for free agency « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools