Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Sign Tebow and make him a career backup « previous next »
Page: 1

wreck ship

Hall of Famer

: August 04, 2011, 01:31:39 PM

Java brought up a great point. The Bucs should sign Tebow if they want to fill the seats.
Even better with hot chicks.
It's a win win and a no brainer.

philosophy is questions that may never be answered
religion is answers that may never be questioned

Tebowmania 25

Pro Bowler

#1 : August 04, 2011, 01:40:57 PM

Why do people obsess over this guy?

wreck ship

Hall of Famer

#2 : August 04, 2011, 01:51:03 PM

Why do people obsess over this guy?
For a florida team it makes perfect business sense. We could use all the help we could get.

bucsbum

Hall of Famer

#3 : August 04, 2011, 02:02:38 PM

Java brought up a great point. The Bucs should sign Tebow if they want to fill the seats.

;D how can we sign him if he is on the Broncos roster???

Did the Broncos use a 1st round pick on him.
If he becomes a Free Agent I say snag him if not then let it be. I like to see him play in the arena league for a year

FreeWill

Starter

#4 : August 04, 2011, 02:11:14 PM

Sign him and make him equipment manager.

BucBalla85

Hall of Famer

#5 : August 04, 2011, 02:12:26 PM

Sign him and make him equipment manager.

lol this^

Condor Bastadon

Starter

#6 : August 04, 2011, 02:14:49 PM

Tebow would have already been cut if he weren't a 1st round pick. Signing him to be a backup QB is a waste of a roster spot.

Maybe if he'll agree to play FB or TE.

wreck ship

Hall of Famer

#7 : August 04, 2011, 02:29:12 PM

Tebow would have already been cut if he weren't a 1st round pick. Signing him to be a backup QB is a waste of a roster spot.

He could be a solid TE. I say we trade a 3rd for him.

youngone

Hall of Famer
#8 : August 04, 2011, 02:36:18 PM

He could be a solid TE. I say we trade a 3rd for him.

A 3rd for who? i wouldnt trade a sandwich for that guy.. anything more than a 7th is too much

Naismith

Hall of Famer
#9 : August 04, 2011, 02:39:57 PM

Ryan Purvis was an All American TE in high school and an All-ACC TE in college. He is struggling to make the roster. He is bigger and stronger and has been playing the position his entire life. I think it's insulting to say that they can easily convert someone to the position that hasn't played it.

If he's going to transition to a position, it seems like it would have to be FB.

I should add that I'm not proposing we should acquire him and make him a FB. I, too, would not trade a sandwich for the guy, unless it's a really mediocre sandwich.

There\'s a very real chance the Bucs waive [Revis] before next season. At the very least, it will be a discussion worth having.

wreck ship

Hall of Famer

#10 : August 04, 2011, 02:51:28 PM

Ryan Purvis was an All American TE in high school and an All-ACC TE in college. He is struggling to make the roster. He is bigger and stronger and has been playing the position his entire life. I think it's insulting to say that they can easily convert someone to the position that hasn't played it.

If he's going to transition to a position, it seems like it would have to be FB.

I should add that I'm not proposing we should acquire him and make him a FB. I, too, would not trade a sandwich for the guy, unless it's a really mediocre sandwich.
Considering the return we get back in sales from Tebow hype, I'd say he's worth a 1st rnd but would go no higher than 3rd.

Wolf

Rookie

#11 : August 04, 2011, 03:02:01 PM

I vote -trade a 5th round and make him a FB.  With Lorig hurt we need another conversion project.

I love this team, and would cheer them even if Leeman Bennett was coaching Alvin Harper and Eric Curry.

BucNY

Hall of Famer

#12 : August 04, 2011, 03:06:41 PM

We already had that! His name was Sabby Piscitelli.

\\\\\\\"This forum needs a poster like BucNY now more than ever\\\\\\\"
      - Everyone
Page: 1
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Sign Tebow and make him a career backup « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools