Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Week 1 Detroit lions « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4

The Anti-Java

Hall of Famer

#15 : August 05, 2011, 01:46:08 AM

Its going to be interesting for sure.  Detroit is building a nice team there.  i still see a Buc victory but probably close.       

Bucs   27
Lions  21

sig pic by chace1986

PewterReportMC....
\\\\\\\"Java, do you understand this a perfect example of why people beg me to suspend or ban you on a daily basis? Are you actually trying to make a point? Seriously what is the reason for even commenting. In fact why do you even bother coming to the boards? What happened to the intelligent poster from years ago?  A real shame. Like the Bucs yesterday, a wasted effort.\\\\\\\"

lowlife

Starter
#16 : August 05, 2011, 02:07:56 AM

We lost to a Drew Stanton led Detroit team... if anyone is discounting them, you're a fool.

Having Talib in there (barring the iron fist of Goodell) will be nice. Maybe CJ doesn't go all Megatron all over the secondary this time. Maybe.
Still not afraid of that running game, even though I think Leshoure will end up a pretty good player. A very underrated OL; Backus could be a Pro Bowl alt.

If that DL wasn't absurd enough, they add Nick **CENSORED**ing Fairley, Faine and Joseph are in for a long ass day. That horrendous LB corps has been completely revamped with Tulloch and Durant.
Like stated before, that secondary is pretty bad... even though they have a future PBer at S in Delmas.

It'll be a close game. Field goal wins it.

buccaneer4ever

Hall of Famer

#17 : August 05, 2011, 05:32:00 AM

Right now, it's too early to call it. A loss wouldn't surprise me, but I'm hoping we pull it out.

I don't think it'll be a blowout on either side. Both have good quarterbacks and playmakers at the wide receiver position.

BucBalla85

Hall of Famer

#18 : August 05, 2011, 05:46:35 AM

It will be a close game. Most first week games are close.

Feel Real Good

Hall of Famer

#19 : August 05, 2011, 08:45:41 AM

This game worries me. I'm not looking forward to the Bucs' offensive line trying to block that front 7.

FRG is the most logical poster on this board.  You guys just don\'t like where the logical conclusions take you.

BucBalla85

Hall of Famer

#20 : August 05, 2011, 08:57:56 AM

This game worries me. I'm not looking forward to the Bucs' offensive line trying to block that front 7.

We did alright vs Suh last year. No sacks... I think we will be alright.

Feel Real Good

Hall of Famer

#21 : August 05, 2011, 09:01:15 AM

We did alright vs Suh last year. No sacks... I think we will be alright.
Because Freeman is a magician. The Bucs gave up 19 QB pressures on 32 pass attempts.

FRG is the most logical poster on this board.  You guys just don\'t like where the logical conclusions take you.

JDouble

Hall of Famer
#22 : August 05, 2011, 09:24:27 AM

This game is going to be a barometer.  Or will it?

Not a barometer. Whether we lose 0-50 or win 50-0 we shouldn't get to excited or upset. Week one is always a strange week where anything can happen.

Draft Aaron Donald

bucpimpin

Pro Bowler
#23 : August 05, 2011, 09:27:52 AM

It's a message board folks.. Spelling doesn't really matter.. As long as the reader understands the point, mission accomplished. It's all about getting out a quick thought, sometimes spelling has to take a back seat.

JDouble

Hall of Famer
#24 : August 05, 2011, 09:28:43 AM

We lost to a Drew Stanton led Detroit team...

People act like Stafford is so awesome. He is made of glass and when he is healthy he was thrown 13 TDs to 20 Ints with a passer rating of 67.1.....so scary.

I don't see him as being any better than Stanton at this point. Until he stays healthy long enough to prove something....he's all hype.

Draft Aaron Donald

JDouble

Hall of Famer
#25 : August 05, 2011, 09:33:10 AM

Last year we had back ups in and we allowed no sacks. Free threw for 250 yards and Blount had 110. Plus thier rookie DT is injured and won't be playing....and he is overhyped anyways. Fairley is not an upgrade over Sammy Hill and Corey Williams. I'm not worried.

Draft Aaron Donald

Feel Real Good

Hall of Famer

#26 : August 05, 2011, 09:34:33 AM

We lost to a Drew Stanton led Detroit team...

People act like Stafford is so awesome. He is made of glass and when he is healthy he was thrown 13 TDs to 20 Ints with a passer rating of 67.1.....so scary.

I don't see him as being any better than Stanton at this point. Until he stays healthy long enough to prove something....he's all hype.
Yeah, he looks bad when you factor in his rookie season, just like Freeman would if you compiled his stats from 2009 and the first 3 games of 2010. Stafford got off to an awesome start to 2010, completing 59.4% of his passes with 6 TD's, 1 INT, and 91.3 QBR.

JDouble

Hall of Famer
#27 : August 05, 2011, 09:40:10 AM

Three good games just doesn't scare me. Like I said....stay healthy long enough to prove something.

Draft Aaron Donald

Feel Real Good

Hall of Famer

#28 : August 05, 2011, 09:40:46 AM

Last year we had back ups in and we allowed no sacks. Free threw for 250 yards and Blount had 110. Plus thier rookie DT is injured and won't be playing....and he is overhyped anyways. Fairley is not an upgrade over Sammy Hill and Corey Williams. I'm not worried.
I'm only talking about pass blocking. We all know Detroit doesn't play the run. The passing stats are ALL on Freeman. The linemen got whipped that day, giving up 19 QB pressures on 32 pass attempts.

SunnyD

Hall of Famer

#29 : August 05, 2011, 09:41:18 AM

Didn't half those stats come against the turrible washington redskins defense?
Page: 1 2 3 4
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Week 1 Detroit lions « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools