Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Week 1 Detroit lions « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4

Biggs3535

Hall of Famer
#30 : August 05, 2011, 09:51:33 AM

Fairley is not an upgrade over Sammy Hill and Corey Williams.

Stuff like this blows my mind.  I don't see how you can constantly hype no-name prospects, but then make statements like this about Fairley who is a legitimately talented player.

bucinsouthFL

Starter

#31 : August 05, 2011, 09:52:13 AM

Watch this video around 3:08, the coach talks about how we played him "straight up"..which im assuming means no double teams whatsoever. I don't think Raheem is going to do that again. It's a whole new season guys, who knows, our O-line might come out playing lights out, in the same way Glass Stafford might come out looking like a pro bowler. Both this teams ended on big winning streaks and have a little underdog in em, its gonna be a good one.

Feel Real Good

Hall of Famer

#32 : August 05, 2011, 09:53:47 AM

Didn't half those stats come against the turrible washington redskins defense?
The turrible Washington Redskins defense the Bucs only scored 17 points against?

FRG is the most logical poster on this board.  You guys just don\'t like where the logical conclusions take you.

JDouble

Hall of Famer
#33 : August 05, 2011, 10:13:29 AM

Fairley is not an upgrade over Sammy Hill and Corey Williams.

Stuff like this blows my mind.  I don't see how you can constantly hype no-name prospects, but then make statements like this about Fairley who is a legitimately talented player.

Not sure why it blows your mind. I've made it pretty obvious that I don't care what the consensus is on a rookie prospect. I watch players and make my own judgements. I don't need any talking heads to agree with me, but if it makes you feel better....Sapp said Fairley is going to get destroyed in the NFL.

Draft Aaron Donald

ingey1968

Starter

#34 : August 05, 2011, 01:25:06 PM

sapp also said Suh was overhyped coming into the NFl.......

JDouble

Hall of Famer
#35 : August 05, 2011, 02:25:12 PM

sapp also said Suh was overhyped coming into the NFl.......

Good example of why I don't listen to talking heads. Mike Mayock is really the only guy I have any faith in. Everyone else seems to be making educated guesses and are no more accurate than me. It's a guessing game and I just trust my gut. I think Fairley has a sh!tty work ethic and bad technique. So I predict he'll be a big disappointment. Just my opinion of course, but we'll see in time.
: August 05, 2011, 02:27:17 PM JDouble

Draft Aaron Donald

ingey1968

Starter

#36 : August 05, 2011, 02:29:03 PM

I will say this.... Nobody knows what any player is going to be until they play , Its foolish to really listen to anyone. i will spare you the "tom Brady had the worst combine in its history" story but it is what it is.   Until players strap it up and get out there and play  you have no clue. and that goes for 1st rounders all the way to 7th.

JDouble

Hall of Famer
#37 : August 05, 2011, 02:31:48 PM

Yep.

Draft Aaron Donald

BucBalla85

Hall of Famer

#38 : August 05, 2011, 02:34:19 PM

The knock on Fairley was his attitude. For some reason I have a gut feeling about him too not working out in Det. Something about it. Ill gladly eat crow if Im wrong.

Uncle Stan

Hall of Famer
#39 : August 05, 2011, 02:49:46 PM

The Bucs have (or should have) learned, that history says the favored team does not win too often between these teams.
Even with Sanders.

The reasons/excuses aren't important. It just seems to happen.

Learn to disagree without being disagreeable-Ronald Reagan circa 1981

shawn731

Starter

#40 : August 05, 2011, 03:30:40 PM

We also lost that game because Rah decided he wanted to pound the rock and kill time.  And did not want to put the game in Freeman's hands.  That was the second time that happened to us ATL was the first one.  I think he even called himself out for not putting the ball in Freeman's hand.

JDouble

Hall of Famer
#41 : August 05, 2011, 04:05:40 PM

We also lost that game because Rah decided he wanted to pound the rock and kill time.  And did not want to put the game in Freeman's hands.  That was the second time that happened to us ATL was the first one.  I think he even called himself out for not putting the ball in Freeman's hand.

The smart thing to do was run the time out. Unfortunately Blount was fumble prone so we went with the more trust wrothy veteran Caddie...and Caddie sucked. Blount had 110 yards on 15 carries that game (7.3 ypc) and when we turned to Caddie(who had only 4 carries up to that point and should have been fresh) to get us 10 yards on 3 downs he couldn't do it. He only managed 3 yards on 3 carries. Perhaps that is why Caddie is no longer here.

Draft Aaron Donald

Uncle Stan

Hall of Famer
#42 : August 05, 2011, 05:56:58 PM

My point being, both teams find a way to screw up one way or the other, and lose.

Learn to disagree without being disagreeable-Ronald Reagan circa 1981

Detrimental

Hall of Famer

#43 : August 05, 2011, 06:56:00 PM

Freeman ripped DET's secondary all day long. We should've aired it out down there.

John Galt?

Hall of Famer
#44 : August 05, 2011, 07:22:42 PM

Fairley broke his foot, will he miss the game?

Still gotta slow down Megatron (no one stops him, you just slow him down). Double team him and don't worry about the other scrubs.

And now their LBs are actually scary since they added Tullock and Justin Durant. Their D is really tough on paper. Their OL still sux rocks and their running game is iffy.

I just happened to look up their roster and their DBs are horrible.

Don't know if I'd say that, Eric Wright is pretty decent and Chris Houston is okay. Vasher looked good at he end of last season.

Page: 1 2 3 4
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Week 1 Detroit lions « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools