Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: This is the story of the week Ronde Barber was benched. « previous next »
Page: 1 2

JDouble

Hall of Famer
#15 : August 06, 2011, 09:18:25 AM

I think 26/40 is already amazing, but if he could somehow get 4 sacks this year and finish his career with 30/40.....that would be ridiculous. He's already in a class of his own though.

Hate

Hall of Famer
#16 : August 06, 2011, 09:43:11 AM

My only prayer is that his age doesn't curb his effectiveness too much this yr. It was evident last yr that it was a factor..... and when it comes upon you, it comes quickly. Having viewed a couple practices this yr, he looks very slow to me. Hope he's just pacing himself.

-------------------------------------------------------

I thought Lovie said he wanted quickness & speed, even at the QB position?

MiltonMack21

User is on moderator watch listWatched
Hall of Famer

#17 : August 06, 2011, 09:57:32 AM

My only prayer is that his age doesn't curb his effectiveness too much this yr. It was evident last yr that it was a factor..... and when it comes upon you, it comes quickly. Having viewed a couple practices this yr, he looks very slow to me. Hope he's just pacing himself.

In football you do completely lose it over night.

Ironworker808

Second String

#18 : August 06, 2011, 01:38:37 PM

Barber will be the Chris Carter of CB's.

Bucs N Beers

Hall of Famer

#19 : August 06, 2011, 02:13:04 PM

I was at the game where Ronde got 20/20. Against the Panthers in Carolina.  I think it was 2005.

Will Allen also hit the ever-loving sh!t out of Steve Smith. Someone used to have a GIF of that hit on this board.

Green Right Slot, Albacore 3 Y Quesadilla

Benchwarmer#1

Hall of Famer

#20 : August 06, 2011, 10:00:45 PM

In football you do completely lose it over night.

Idk guys, I think he can play much longer than you're giving him credit for. They still have him in the same spot.

Jmo, when they move him it will be the signaling of his soon-to-be retirement. Until he's moved, he's in the clear.

Rah doesn't seem to put up with slow play no matter who the guy is, so I doubt RB gets away with any slacking.

Naismith was right about Revis. Everyone else is a dummy.

The Anti-Java

Hall of Famer

#21 : August 07, 2011, 01:43:50 AM

I think 26/40 is already amazing, but if he could somehow get 4 sacks this year and finish his career with 30/40.....that would be ridiculous. He's already in a class of his own though.

4 sacks from him this year would be asking too much in my opinion.  It sounds easy, but dude is aging fast.

sig pic by chace1986

PewterReportMC....
\\\\\\\"Java, do you understand this a perfect example of why people beg me to suspend or ban you on a daily basis? Are you actually trying to make a point? Seriously what is the reason for even commenting. In fact why do you even bother coming to the boards? What happened to the intelligent poster from years ago?  A real shame. Like the Bucs yesterday, a wasted effort.\\\\\\\"

JDouble

Hall of Famer
#22 : August 07, 2011, 09:24:04 AM

4 sacks from him this year would be asking too much in my opinion.  It sounds easy, but dude is aging fast.

Doesn't sound easy to me. I'd be amazed if he pulled it off. I just think it would amazing if he did.

1sparkybuc

Hall of Famer
#23 : August 07, 2011, 09:48:30 AM

I bet Donovan McNabb STILL wakes up in a cold sweat after nightmares of Mister Ronde Barber. 36 years old and he's still having fun playing the game. Ronde knows this team is going to win several SBs. He knows what it feels like and wants more of it. I hope he gets 4 more sacks and another ring or two. He deserves it.

He straight out said it. He loves playing for Raheem. He would already be retired if Gruden was still HC. All of these guys love Raheem and love playing for him. They can relate to him. That's why this youth movement is so vital to the success of this franchise. There will be no divided loyalties like FAs might have. Freeman isn't going to have to drag anybody anywhere. This is a team that is unified under Raheem. He has a special bond with all of them and he makes it fun. Ronde just might end up as the oldest DB ever.

JDouble

Hall of Famer
#24 : August 07, 2011, 10:01:13 AM

26/40 is impressive, but don't forget his 11 TDs either.  ;D

I think Barber will retire after this year....but I am curious to see how long he stays away. I can't help but think that if Raheem remains our coach for an extended period of time, Barber might come back as a DB coach. People always want ex players to come back and coach and it rarely happens, but with Ronde and Rah it's different. I could totally see Ronde coming back to work with Rah as some sort of assistant.
: August 07, 2011, 10:06:26 AM JDouble

Page: 1 2
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: This is the story of the week Ronde Barber was benched. « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools