Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: How many blackouts are we gonna have this season?...u predict « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4 5

ufojoe

Hall of Famer

#15 : August 06, 2011, 01:41:49 AM

http://duke1.tbo.com/content/2011/aug/06/MENEWSO1-bucs-fans-hoping-for-sellouts-not-blackou/news-breaking

Bucs, fans hoping for sellouts, not blackouts

By KEITH MORELLI | The Tampa Tribune

Published: August 6, 2011

TAMPA - Jessica **CENSORED**er has been a Tampa Bay Buccaneers fan since moving to Dade City two years ago. On Friday, she bought three tickets for her, her husband and his sister to the Oct. 16 game against the New Orleans Saints.

"This will be our first time to attend a Bucs' game," said **CENSORED**er, 28, who pointedly noted she thought the NFL's rules on blackouts are "lame."

Bucs single-game tickets went on sale Friday, and team officials, and football fans throughout the Tampa Bay area, are hoping enough people follow **CENSORED**er's lead to sell out home games and avoid television blackouts.

That didn't happen last year; the Bucs were the only team in the league with all its home games blacked out, even as the team exceeded expectations and went 10-6.

The NFL's blackout policy requires a game to be sold out 72 hours before kickoff to air in the local market. Last year was the first time any regular-season games were blacked out since the team began playing at Raymond James Stadium.

The Bucs organization has made a concerted effort this year to get fans in the stands, aggressively marketing season tickets and dropping prices. At stake are whether seven regular-season games at Raymond James Stadium will be shown locally; an eighth "home" game is being played in London on Oct. 23 and will be televised across the country, including in the Bay area.

"We're counting on our fans to make Raymond James Stadium an electric atmosphere for our team and a hostile environment for our opponents," said Buccaneers co-chairman Bryan Glazer in a statement. "Our promising young team has an exciting slate of home games, from two prime-time matchups to rivalry games against the rest of the NFC South."

To sell out games, the team will have to attract people like Bob Serra, a retiree from St. Petersburg who attended Friday afternoon's practice with his wife. He's excited about the team's prospects but didn't go to any home games last year.

"We're not getting season tickets, but we're thinking about going to a game or two this year," Serra said.

The Bucs open the regular season at home against the Detroit Lions on Sept. 11. Tampa Bay's home schedule also includes a preseason matchup against the New England Patriots on Aug. 18, a Monday night game against the Indianapolis Colts on Oct. 3 and a Saturday night game against the Dallas Cowboys on Dec. 17.

A struggling local economy and the team's 3-13 record in 2009 contributed to dwindling ticket sales. Average paid attendance for regular-season home games in 2010 was just more than 49,000, well below the stadium's capacity of about 65,000.

"We kind of know we hit some tough times as far as the economy is concerned," said running back Earnest Graham. "We also hit tough times as an organization because we weren't playing too well. It's nice to have some excitement back around the organization.

"With the way people in the Bay area love football, we'll be back in front of a full crowd pretty soon," he said.

Tickets are available only online and by telephone. Tickets for the upper level start at $35.

To purchase tickets, fans can log onto www.buccaneers.com or call (800) 745-3000. Tickets will not be sold at the Bucs' ticket office or the box office at Raymond James Stadium.

Reporters Anwar S. Richardson, Ira Kaufman and Roy Cummings contributed to this report. kmorelli@tampatrib.com (813) 259-7760

Morgan

User is banned from postingMuted
Hall of Famer
#16 : August 06, 2011, 05:18:05 AM

after me and my 4 buddies finished buying our  tix online today a good feeling came over me i just like i feel like we're in pretty good shape as far as ticket sales go i don't think we'll have blackouts this year if we do no more than two,thoughts?

Only the Colts and Cowboys will be the sell outs (maybe).

bucfan33

Pro Bowler
#17 : August 06, 2011, 05:31:56 AM

after me and my 4 buddies finished buying our  tix online today a good feeling came over me i just like i feel like we're in pretty good shape as far as ticket sales go i don't think we'll have blackouts this year if we do no more than two,thoughts?

Only the Colts and Cowboys will be the sell outs (maybe).

I think chance of sellout: Detroit, Atlanta, NO, Indy & Dallas

Blackout; Carolina & Houston

Morgan

Hall of Famer
#18 : August 06, 2011, 05:49:08 AM

If you're not going to the games, might as well subscribe to NFL Game Rewind so you can at least see the Bucs games stream delayed on the internet.

https://gamerewind.nfl.com/nflgr/secure/packages

I'm sure you can still find the games on pirated internet sites live.

Captain Hindsight

Hall of Famer

#19 : August 06, 2011, 06:51:15 AM

http://duke1.tbo.com/content/2011/aug/06/MENEWSO1-bucs-fans-hoping-for-sellouts-not-blackou/news-breaking

Bucs, fans hoping for sellouts, not blackouts

By KEITH MORELLI | The Tampa Tribune

Published: August 6, 2011

TAMPA - Jessica **CENSORED**er has been a Tampa Bay Buccaneers fan since moving to Dade City two years ago. On Friday, she bought three tickets for her, her husband and his sister to the Oct. 16 game against the New Orleans Saints.

"This will be our first time to attend a Bucs' game," said **CENSORED**er, 28, who pointedly noted she thought the NFL's rules on blackouts are "lame."

Bucs single-game tickets went on sale Friday, and team officials, and football fans throughout the Tampa Bay area, are hoping enough people follow **CENSORED**er's lead to sell out home games and avoid television blackouts.

That didn't happen last year; the Bucs were the only team in the league with all its home games blacked out, even as the team exceeded expectations and went 10-6.

The NFL's blackout policy requires a game to be sold out 72 hours before kickoff to air in the local market. Last year was the first time any regular-season games were blacked out since the team began playing at Raymond James Stadium.

The Bucs organization has made a concerted effort this year to get fans in the stands, aggressively marketing season tickets and dropping prices. At stake are whether seven regular-season games at Raymond James Stadium will be shown locally; an eighth "home" game is being played in London on Oct. 23 and will be televised across the country, including in the Bay area.

"We're counting on our fans to make Raymond James Stadium an electric atmosphere for our team and a hostile environment for our opponents," said Buccaneers co-chairman Bryan Glazer in a statement. "Our promising young team has an exciting slate of home games, from two prime-time matchups to rivalry games against the rest of the NFC South."

To sell out games, the team will have to attract people like Bob Serra, a retiree from St. Petersburg who attended Friday afternoon's practice with his wife. He's excited about the team's prospects but didn't go to any home games last year.

"We're not getting season tickets, but we're thinking about going to a game or two this year," Serra said.

The Bucs open the regular season at home against the Detroit Lions on Sept. 11. Tampa Bay's home schedule also includes a preseason matchup against the New England Patriots on Aug. 18, a Monday night game against the Indianapolis Colts on Oct. 3 and a Saturday night game against the Dallas Cowboys on Dec. 17.

A struggling local economy and the team's 3-13 record in 2009 contributed to dwindling ticket sales. Average paid attendance for regular-season home games in 2010 was just more than 49,000, well below the stadium's capacity of about 65,000.

"We kind of know we hit some tough times as far as the economy is concerned," said running back Earnest Graham. "We also hit tough times as an organization because we weren't playing too well. It's nice to have some excitement back around the organization.

"With the way people in the Bay area love football, we'll be back in front of a full crowd pretty soon," he said.

Tickets are available only online and by telephone. Tickets for the upper level start at $35.

To purchase tickets, fans can log onto www.buccaneers.com or call (800) 745-3000. Tickets will not be sold at the Bucs' ticket office or the box office at Raymond James Stadium.

Reporters Anwar S. Richardson, Ira Kaufman and Roy Cummings contributed to this report. kmorelli@tampatrib.com (813) 259-7760

"Jessica **CENSORED**er"

Oh the possibilities.

Madman

Hall of Famer
#20 : August 06, 2011, 11:32:05 AM

Great schedule this year and an exciting team. I'm guessing 2 blackouts. Definitely Houston game.

Uncle Stan

Hall of Famer
#21 : August 06, 2011, 02:15:58 PM

Think the Colts and Cowboys will sell out.

If the Bucs win the first 2 games, think the Falcons game might sell out.

That's 4 blackouts, maybe 5 of 7.

Learn to disagree without being disagreeable-Ronald Reagan circa 1981

Morgan

Hall of Famer
#22 : August 06, 2011, 02:27:54 PM

Great schedule this year and an exciting team. I'm guessing 2 blackouts. Definitely Houston game.

what's so special about the Texans? Do their fans travel well?

BucBalla85

Hall of Famer

#23 : August 06, 2011, 02:33:30 PM

There will definitely be some blackouts this year. Anybody thinking different will be for a ruud awakening. Im glad hes gone lol

Beatles123

Hall of Famer

#24 : August 06, 2011, 02:55:27 PM

I think as long as we see improvement this year, the blackouts will be less and less.

This space for rent....*sigh* I trusted you coach.

DefenseWins

Hall of Famer

#25 : August 06, 2011, 03:01:56 PM

Anything ever result from league-wide talks of tarping seats off/reducing % to have game on tv?

It is a new day in TAMPA BAY!    GO BUCS!!

Captain Hindsight

Hall of Famer

#26 : August 06, 2011, 03:05:40 PM

I think as long as we see improvement this year, the blackouts will be less and less.

Wishful thinking

No big FA signing, tougher schedule, Ruud's gone. This is how the average fan who goes to the games thinks, is it right or wrong? Who knows/cares. But it's how they see things.
: August 06, 2011, 03:07:19 PM Captain Hindsight

grotesktruth

Starter

#27 : August 06, 2011, 03:06:16 PM

Everyone around I talk to just doesn't care about the bucs anymore, winning or not. They have to be a contender consistently for us to get these people's attention and respect back. its gonna be a while before we go the whole season without a couple blackouts. the economy is killin most too. houston is gonna be a blackout, carolina, maybe new orleans, then again, the only games we might even get close to filling will be the colts and cowboys. idk if we can even reach capacity on those ones imo no matter if were x wins and 0 losses or not.

Beatles123

Hall of Famer

#28 : August 06, 2011, 03:13:47 PM

You gotta understand, we had Gruden leading us into hell and then Rah took us 3-13. It will take more than one good season to win fans back...we will do that by winning games.

I have faith in my Florida community. We are good people here and I believe it will take time, but this team will give them a reason to get emotionally involved again..

This space for rent....*sigh* I trusted you coach.

John Galt?

Hall of Famer
#29 : August 06, 2011, 04:22:26 PM

not sure about Detroit. Houston and Carolina are the most likely, maybe Indy. Jacksonville will be blacked...in Jacksonville.

Page: 1 2 3 4 5
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: How many blackouts are we gonna have this season?...u predict « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools