Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Haha....Ruud « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3

BucNY

Hall of Famer

#15 : August 08, 2011, 12:10:57 PM

Regardless - it's a nice thing (I guess) that the Bucs are not on that list...  for once.  :)

why aren't we on Khaled Elsayed's upgrade list?

When your biggest upgrade is a punter, why would you expect to be on any upgrade list?

Oooops, forgot that I was dealing with a simpleton for second there...

Many people forget this. Our biggest "need" in the offseason was a empty IR AND a punter. We're set. Game on!

\\\\\\\"This forum needs a poster like BucNY now more than ever\\\\\\\"
      - Everyone

Feel Real Good

Hall of Famer

#16 : August 08, 2011, 12:21:02 PM

It's a classic class of overlooking someone's many important strengths just for one glaring weakness. There aren't many P. Willis' out there so we need a MLB that can stuff the run first. We can always play nickel or dime in passing situations with a sub at MLB.

I loved Ruud, but i'm very excited to see what McKenzie and Foster can bring to this team!!
No one is saying the Bucs downgraded at MLB.

FRG is the most logical poster on this board.  You guys just don\'t like where the logical conclusions take you.

Morgan

User is banned from postingMuted
Hall of Famer
#17 : August 08, 2011, 12:27:53 PM

same here - and teammates hated to see him go as well.

OneTruth

Pro Bowler

#18 : August 08, 2011, 12:58:46 PM

i thought he made a couple really nice plays over the years but had way too many soft plays. Ruud doesnt fit the violent, bigger, immovable object (ala Ravens, Steelers) Rah envisions. I always thought we could get better at MB - but thought the other spots should be upgraded first...at the end of the day were gonna be better with either Foster or Mac than Ruud.
: August 08, 2011, 01:00:46 PM OneTruth

BucNY

Hall of Famer

#19 : August 08, 2011, 01:05:52 PM

It's a classic class of overlooking someone's many important strengths just for one glaring weakness. There aren't many P. Willis' out there so we need a MLB that can stuff the run first. We can always play nickel or dime in passing situations with a sub at MLB.

I loved Ruud, but i'm very excited to see what McKenzie and Foster can bring to this team!!

Sorry I was being unclear. I was commenting on the fact that the Titans likely downgraded because everyone was so focus on Tulloch being below average against the pass that they were overlooking how good of a run stopper he was.

\\\\\\\"This forum needs a poster like BucNY now more than ever\\\\\\\"
      - Everyone

ufojoe

Hall of Famer

#20 : August 08, 2011, 01:06:47 PM

I liked Ruud but I've moved on and can't wait to see what TM and Foster can do.

Some haven't move on. Haha...Ruud? Kind of juvenile if you ask me.

JDouble

Hall of Famer
#21 : August 08, 2011, 01:17:55 PM

I liked Ruud but I've moved on and can't wait to see what TM and Foster can do.

Some haven't move on. Haha...Ruud? Kind of juvenile if you ask me.

Well I can be juvenile at times. I can't help myself. I'm just so giddy that we have finally moved on from Ruud AND Caddy. I think it's hilarious Titans fans feel they got an upgrade and have bought Jerzies already. I mean his last team didn't want him and the Titans would only offer him a one year deal....kinda funny to me. They should be buying Colin McCarthy jerzies because he will be the MLB by season's end anyways.

nubcake

Hall of Famer

#22 : August 08, 2011, 01:24:30 PM

It isn't quite as bad as it sounds for Tennessee though. They have a different system than last year, one that calls for a LB who does well in pass coverage. Meanwhile, we recognized that we need a LB who does well at stopping the run, because the secondary is a strength for us while we struggled mightily at stopping the run. The moves work for both teams' needs, at least on paper.

JDouble

Hall of Famer
#23 : August 08, 2011, 01:42:20 PM

...Meanwhile, we recognized that we need a LB who does well at stopping the run, because the secondary is a strength for us while we struggled mightily at stopping the run. The moves work for both teams' needs, at least on paper.

Ruud was decent in coverage and horrible at stopping the run. All we need is a guy that is decent at both. If he is above average at either one...it's a bonus.

JavaRay

Hall of Famer

#24 : August 08, 2011, 02:18:16 PM

I'm saying it.  The Bucs downgraded at MLB.

Even Barber said it.  Check my sig.

JDouble

Hall of Famer
#25 : August 08, 2011, 02:30:23 PM

Your mom is a downgrade.

ufojoe

Hall of Famer

#26 : August 08, 2011, 02:32:10 PM

Once T Mac or Foster get some experience in real games, it's going to be a nice upgrade from Ruud.

JavaRay

Hall of Famer

#27 : August 08, 2011, 02:35:07 PM

Once T Mac or Foster get some experience in real games, it's going to be a nice upgrade from Ruud.

This is the first prediction I've ever seen from you.   I'm going to save it and refer back to it when you are wrong.

Morgan

Hall of Famer
#28 : August 08, 2011, 02:39:02 PM

Your mom is a downgrade.

So that's where you want to take this message board?

grotesktruth

Starter

#29 : August 08, 2011, 02:51:04 PM

its the only response jdub gives Java.
Im with UFO Joe though: it doesnt matter who we have start-imo it will be Foster- but by season's end, we'll be thanking Dominick for not re-signing him.
Page: 1 2 3
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Haha....Ruud « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools