Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Bucs Depth Chart « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3

BuccaneersMagic1282

Starter

#15 : August 08, 2011, 04:54:27 PM

I know this is just the first Depth Chart released...preseason blah blah blah...but I am surprised by a lot of guys spots....

OFFENSE:
WR   Mike Williams   Sammie Stroughter   Micheal Spurlock/Ed Gant/Raymond Webber

LT   Donald Penn   Demar Dotson   Cory Brandon

LG   Ted Larsen   Brandon Carter   Marc Dile

C   Jeff Faine   Jeremy Zuttah   Matt Allen

RG   Derek Hardman   Thomas Claiborne   Davin Joseph

RT   Jeremy Trueblood   James Lee   Will Barker

TE   Kellen Winslow   Luke Stocker    Daniel Hardy   Ryan Purvis/Nathan Overbay/Jose Cruz

WR   Arrelious Benn   Dezmon Briscoe   Preston Parker   Jock Sanders/Detron Lewis

QB   Josh Freeman   Josh Johnson   Rudy Carpenter   Mike Coughlin/Jonathan Crompton

RB   LeGarrette Blount   Kregg Lumpkin   Allen Bradford   Mossis Madu/Armando Allen

FB   Earnest Graham   Erik Lorig   Rendrick Taylor   Nick Reveiz

DEFENSE:
LDE   Michael Bennett   Da'Quan Bowers      Kyle Moore      Alex Magee

DT   Gerald McCoy   Frank Okam      E.J. Wilson

DT   Roy Miller   Brian Price     Al Woods
RDE   Adrian Clayborn     Tim Crowder   George Johnson    Brandon Gilbeaux

SLB   Quincy Black      Dekoda Watson   Brandon Heath

MLB   Mason Foster   Tyrone McKenzie       Derrell Smith

WLB   Geno Hayes     Adam Hayward    Simoni Lawrence    Victor Aiyewa

LCB   Aqib Talib   Myron Lewis     DJ Johnson      Vince Anderson

RCB   Ronde Barber   E.J. Biggers   Anthony Gaitor   Elbert Mack

SS   Sean Jones   Corey Lynch    Dominique Harris   Devin Holland

DE   Cody Grimm     Larry Asante     Ahmad Black

WTF

onebucfn

Second String

#16 : August 08, 2011, 04:55:49 PM

I know you cant take too much away from pre season depth charts, but davin on third string is just plain wierd

BucD

Hall of Famer

#17 : August 08, 2011, 04:59:24 PM

WTF

I know you cant take too much away from pre season depth charts, but davin on third string is just plain wierd

My thoughts exactly.

But Bowers being behind Bennett is just a precautionary deal, IMO.  He'll be the #1 come week 1/final depth chart.

Beatles123

Hall of Famer

#18 : August 08, 2011, 05:02:57 PM

Davin third is good. Maybe they see how much he sucks now.
: August 08, 2011, 05:12:39 PM Beatles123

This space for rent....*sigh* I trusted you coach.

Pepsi

Hall of Famer
#19 : August 08, 2011, 05:03:48 PM

As usual I'm upset with where they use Graham. Is he really that much better at fullback than lorig? Because he's actually a pretty solid number 2 running back but instead he's gonna get banged up playing fullback.

Pepsi

Hall of Famer
#20 : August 08, 2011, 05:04:41 PM

David third isgood. Maybe they see how much he sucks now.

Davin hasn't looked bad in the little time he's been at TC so far. I actually saw a couple clips of him driving McCoy back.

onebucfn

Second String

#21 : August 08, 2011, 05:04:54 PM

Just got word that Davin Joseph at 3rd string was a printing error. Just got updated one and Davin is the starter. from justin Pawlowski

BucD

Hall of Famer

#22 : August 08, 2011, 05:09:02 PM

Just got word that Davin Joseph at 3rd string was a printing error. Just got updated one and Davin is the starter. from justin Pawlowski

Figured as much...

...just like it figures that people are already freaking out over the first depth chart being released.  Chill out.

tatmanfish

Hall of Famer

#23 : August 08, 2011, 05:09:16 PM

lol, theres a bunch of errors in that link. Surprised so many didnt pay any attention to them and took it as actual depth chart. lol. Its quite obvious from what the Bucs and PR has told us that its inaccurate.

Quote from: Illuminator
You were simply too smart for me.

dbucfan

Hall of Famer
#24 : August 08, 2011, 05:14:37 PM

Guess it is pre-season for the guys who write up the depth charts as well.

\"A Great Coach has to have a Patient Wife, A Loyal Dog, and a Great Quarterback. . . . but not necessarily in that order\" ~ Coach Bud Grant

SunnyD

Hall of Famer

#25 : August 08, 2011, 05:16:06 PM

Yes, lots of errors.

Had Earnest Graham listed as a QB, Davin as a third stringer, etc.

BucD

Hall of Famer

#26 : August 08, 2011, 05:18:27 PM

It's fixed now on the site...won't let me modify my post though...

nubcake

Hall of Famer

#27 : August 08, 2011, 05:41:45 PM

A couple of interesting notes:

Spurlock and Parker currently have the 5th and 6th spots, as we all probably assumed. Between those two, Parker may have the edge because he's ahead of Spurlock on the returns depth chart, but on the other hand Raheem mentioned potentially being able to use Spurlock at QB with that new 3rd string QB rule, so who knows. Either way, I see Webber and the others probably hitting the practice squad at least initially.

Trueblood...ugh.

Not too happy about Graham at FB still. Make him the #2 RB already.

If Tanard Jackson comes back, Ahmad Black would likely be the odd man out with Asante being ahead of him.

Gaitor ahead of Mack. Heck yes.

During Raheem's radio interview today, he said that he was very impressed with Bowers but won't just hand over the spot, he'll make him earn it. So being behind Bennett kind of makes sense, but then Foster being ahead of Mackenzie is odd...how could Foster have earned that spot yet, especially considering how close that battle has been? And with Bowers so far being extremely impressive, I would think that if either him or Foster had won a spot already it would have been Bowers.

: August 08, 2011, 05:43:19 PM nubcake

bradentonian

Hall of Famer

#28 : August 08, 2011, 05:44:56 PM

A couple of interesting notes:

Spurlock and Parker currently have the 5th and 6th spots, as we all probably assumed. Between those two, Parker may have the edge because he's ahead of Spurlock on the returns depth chart, but on the other hand Raheem mentioned potentially being able to use Spurlock at QB with that new 3rd string QB rule, so who knows. Either way, I see Webber and the others probably hitting the practice squad at least initially.

If the FO believes in Parker and Stroughter on STs it would be nice if we could get a late pick for Spurlock

Feel Real Good

Hall of Famer

#29 : August 08, 2011, 05:48:32 PM

Since Dotson has no chance at starting at left tackle, I hope he's at least considered for right tackle depending on how he plays.

FRG is the most logical poster on this board.  You guys just don\'t like where the logical conclusions take you.
Page: 1 2 3
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Bucs Depth Chart « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools