Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Bucs Depth Chart « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3

nubcake

Hall of Famer

« #30 : August 08, 2011, 05:53:54 PM »

A couple of interesting notes:

Spurlock and Parker currently have the 5th and 6th spots, as we all probably assumed. Between those two, Parker may have the edge because he's ahead of Spurlock on the returns depth chart, but on the other hand Raheem mentioned potentially being able to use Spurlock at QB with that new 3rd string QB rule, so who knows. Either way, I see Webber and the others probably hitting the practice squad at least initially.

If the FO believes in Parker and Stroughter on STs it would be nice if we could get a late pick for Spurlock

Crap, scratch that I misread it. Spurlock is ahead of Parker, I misread it and thought it had Stroughter in front. Which would definitely make Parker the 6th guy as of now.

BucD

Hall of Famer

« #31 : August 08, 2011, 05:58:16 PM »

IMO there is no way in hell Ahmad Black doesn't make the roster.  He can play SS or FS so IMO I think one of the other safeties gets the axe way before Black.  Just my opinion though...could be completely wrong...we'll see.

JDouble

Hall of Famer
« #32 : August 08, 2011, 08:13:20 PM »

People make too much of this initial depth chart. It is no way the depth chart for the regular season. It is the preliminary roster for our week one preseason game vs. the Chiefs. That's all. Graham is not our #1 FB. He's listed as that because Lorig is banged up right now. Zuttah is not going to be only a back up at center as listed. He will get snaps at LG to compete with Larsen.  Foster is getting first shot at 1st string MLB, and McKenzie will probably get his chance as starter next week. It's fluid. People are already freaking out over Bennett being ahead of Bowers and thinking Bowers is struggling or hurt, but it means nothing right now.

Look for the depth chart that is released after the 3rd preseason game. That one will likely be the one that shows the real depth chart for week one of the regular season....and I bet you it looks a lot different than this one. This one is still set up for evaluation mode.

Draft Aaron Donald

Bschucher

Hall of Famer
« #33 : August 08, 2011, 08:31:14 PM »

Bennet has been doing work all camp. Not surprised he is starting.

Wouldn't surprise me at all to see Bennet ahead of Daquan early on. Bennet is tearing it up in camp. We shall see.,

bradentonian

Hall of Famer

« #34 : August 08, 2011, 08:39:27 PM »

Bennet is tearing it up in camp.

Let's hope he's learning to be assignment sound

JDouble

Hall of Famer
« #35 : August 08, 2011, 08:45:32 PM »

Bennet is tearing it up in camp.

Let's hope he's learning to be assignment sound

Let's hope Rah lets our DEs just pin their ears back and rush the passer this year instead of having them drop into coverage....then his assignment is pretty easy.  :P

Draft Aaron Donald

buchead

Hall of Famer

« #36 : August 08, 2011, 09:20:24 PM »

They may have to drop in coverage. Clayborn has been doing it in practice. Quincy black has been lobbying for more blitzing opportunities.....meh
« : August 08, 2011, 09:22:08 PM buchead »

JDouble

Hall of Famer
« #37 : August 08, 2011, 09:28:27 PM »

They may have to drop in coverage. Clayborn has been doing it in practice. Quincy black has been lobbying for more blitzing opportunities.....meh

I understand that you have to mix it up in order to confuse the QB, but I hope the DE in coverage thing is limited this year. Not a fan of it. Maybe if you have 250lbs speed DEs, but when you have 285lbs DEs it doesn't work so well.

Draft Aaron Donald

alldaway

Hall of Famer
« #38 : August 08, 2011, 10:27:25 PM »

Vince Anderson I think should be higher on the depth chart given he can play Safety in a pinch, but DJ Johnson must be impressing the staff.

yuccaneers

Hall of Famer
« #39 : August 09, 2011, 01:29:00 AM »

One of the more interesting things that was revealed with the release of the depth chart is that LS Andrew Economos, is missing from it. Undrafted rookie Christian Yount is listed as the teams primary long snapper. Is this a sign Economs is not fully healthy from his Achilles injury or is it a precursor that the team is preparing to dumb him and go with Yount?

In Football, RESPECT is never given freely by your opponent. It must be TAKEN from them...VIOLENTLY

Great players cost a lot of money but help win games. High-priced players - a byproduct of poorly run front offices with bad scouting departments - only cost a lot of money.
"Our greatest glory consists not in never falling, but in rising every time we fall."
Oliver Goldsmith

SunnyD

Hall of Famer

« #40 : August 09, 2011, 02:20:11 AM »

Good eye on that Yucc.

It wouldn't surprise me if they are planning to role with Yount.

JDouble

Hall of Famer
« #41 : August 09, 2011, 08:09:05 AM »

I think this is just the depth chart for this Friday....so it would make sense that Economos isn't on it as he is still rehabbing.

Rah said himself that the only reason they put out this depth chart was because they have to. It just doesn't mean a whole lot.

Draft Aaron Donald

yuccaneers

Hall of Famer
« #42 : August 09, 2011, 09:11:56 AM »

Not sure you put out a depth chart excluding one player. There are 89 players listed. If he was physically unable to perform he would have wound up on the PUP. Now of course it could just be a data entry error. But it is quite curious.

In Football, RESPECT is never given freely by your opponent. It must be TAKEN from them...VIOLENTLY

Great players cost a lot of money but help win games. High-priced players - a byproduct of poorly run front offices with bad scouting departments - only cost a lot of money.
"Our greatest glory consists not in never falling, but in rising every time we fall."
Oliver Goldsmith

yuccaneers

Hall of Famer
« #43 : August 09, 2011, 11:29:21 AM »

Here's what I've been able to find out. Economs has been placed on the active / non-football injury (N-F/I) list.

Based on the new CBA here is what it states.

ARTICLE 20 OTHER PROVISIONS

Section 3. Nonfootball Injury:
(a) A player who is placed on a Nonfootball Injury or Illness list (“N-F/I”) will not be entitled to any compensation under his contract while on such list but, except as provided below, his contract will continue to run while in such status.

(b) A player on N-F/I who is in the final year of his contract (including an option year) will have his contract tolled. However, if the player is physically able to perform his football services on or before the sixth regular season game, the club must pay the player his negotiated Paragraph 5 Salary (pro rata) for the balance of the season in order to toll such player’s contract. If such player is taken off N-F/I during the period when such action is allowed by League rules, his contract will not be tolled.

Oliver Goldsmith

blind melon

Hall of Famer

« #44 : August 10, 2011, 04:18:57 PM »

NFC South initial depth charts...

http://rotoworld.com/teams/depth-charts/nfl.aspx

Some interesting comparisons...

what I noticed:   

we have the largest roster in the south (today)

Falcons and Saints SS group is pretty weak.

Panthers have no depth at WR and limited talent (after smith...)

Our division as a whole is full of monster running back corps...   Saints are loaded.

Go get Bridgewater.   Do what it takes.
  Page: 1 2 3
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Bucs Depth Chart « previous next »
:  

Hide Tools Show Tools