Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Aqib Talib: “My dog” Raheem Morris “got the real true story” « previous next »
Page: 1 ... 7 8 9

JavaRay

User is banned from postingMuted
Hall of Famer

« #120 : August 11, 2011, 11:14:44 AM »

You probably don't know this, but 3 years from now for Raheem will be equivalent to 2012 for Tomlin since Tomlin has only coached 2 more years than Morris.   So we won't know yet what Tomlin might do next year.

1sparkybuc

Hall of Famer
« #121 : August 11, 2011, 03:37:35 PM »

Raheem Morris is THE perfect coach for this team. He knew this team better than anybody else. He grew up with the team all through the Gruden years and learned from Gruden's mistakes. He knew who had to be let go in order for the team to improve. He learned from his own mistakes, admitted them, and took immediate steps to correct them. He doesn't let friendship or sentiment stand in the way of improving the team. Ruud knew he wasn't coming back and he still loves him. Raheem commands respect from his players and his staff. He is honest with them and he inspires them to play beyond their capabilities. No other coach could have won ten games with the roster we had last year. The youngest team in the league set franchise records in just the second year under the youngest HC in the league. The Bucs proved all of the "experts" wrong under his leadership. Vince Lombardi himself could not have done as much. Only the most biased and prejudiced would even attempt to discredit all he has done here.

That said, he has not handled Talib properly. As with his other mistakes, this too will be corrected when everything else plays out. I can only trust that a plan is in place for the departure of Talib and Barber in the not too distant future.

Overall I agree with what you are saying but it sounds as if Morris wanted Ruud back.  It was all Dom.  And according to Ruud he expected to be a Buc up until FA started and he didn't hear from the team.

Not so, Raheem said straight out "Prove us wrong". To me, that means it was a performance based decision, and as the HC and the DC, Raheem had hand in it.. They were friends, but this is a business. What bothers me about keeping Talib, is it sets a bad precedent for others. Repeated violent behavior wouldn't be tolerated from a lesser talent. Referring to his HC as "my dog" is disrespectful IMO.

One thing that can be said about Raheem, he apparently is consistent, in that both decisions were based on on field performance.

JDouble

Hall of Famer
« #122 : August 11, 2011, 03:45:21 PM »

Calling someone your "dog" is disrespectful? Uhhh.....ok. Not seeing that one bro.

1sparkybuc

Hall of Famer
« #123 : August 11, 2011, 04:55:05 PM »

Calling someone your "dog" is disrespectful? Uhhh.....ok. Not seeing that one bro.

I'm guessing it's a sign of affection in the young black culture. I'm old and white. Call me your dog and I'm likely to go all Talib on you.;)

Getting too familiar with your boss is never a good idea. If you have a falling out, it could get you fired.
« : August 11, 2011, 04:59:34 PM 1sparkybuc »

Captain Hindsight

Hall of Famer

« #124 : August 26, 2011, 06:35:00 PM »

Goodell's suspending Talib before his trial? You think that's fair to Talib?

Goodell doesn't care, he suspended Roethlisberger and he wasn't even charged with anything.

Like I said, Goodell does what he pleases.

Citing three separate sources, Yahoo Sports' Jason Cole reports that Bucs CB Aqib Talib "can expect" a four-game suspension from the league office in connection with his role in a March shooting.

Talib's recent meeting with commissioner Roger Goodell was his second in fewer than two years, and he's only had to sit one game so far. In addition to his latest felony weapons charge, Talib was arrested by Florida Highway Patrol for allegedly assaulting a taxi driver in August of 2009. The NFL and NFLPA have an agreement on arrests that occurred during the lockout. Eight players are expected to be punished -- all repeat offenders of the Personal Conduct Policy -- and Talib is among them.

Source: http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news?slug=jc-cole_buccaneers_josh_freeman_082511

dbucfan

Hall of Famer
« #125 : August 26, 2011, 07:26:11 PM »

It's all about stupid decisions. The first was his family calling him instead of the police when the boyfriend showed back up at the house. The second was Talib charging over there with two guns. The stupid decisions just kept going from there. You make stupid decisions you find yourself in stupid situations.
Friend of mine has a neat adage.  Goes like this - if you're gonna be dumb you gotta be tough.

\"A Great Coach has to have a Patient Wife, A Loyal Dog, and a Great Quarterback. . . . but not necessarily in that order\" ~ Coach Bud Grant

Morgan

User is banned from postingMuted
Hall of Famer
« #126 : August 27, 2011, 06:12:55 AM »

DOG=best friend. Not sure if Morris needs to be "best buds" with his players ------we'll see if it works. Usually coach needs to draw a line somewhere -  right now sounds like Morris is "one of the guys" -

JDouble

Hall of Famer
« #127 : August 27, 2011, 08:12:43 AM »

Morris has created a family atmosphere where guys can be themselves and have fun, but they know when to be serious. It's no different then being a child when your dad got serious, you knew he was the top dog and you knew you had better stop playin and give him your full attention. These guys enjoy going to work and are comfortable around Morris. They trust him. They know this is a cut throat business, but they trust Morris to always be straight forward with them and tell them the truth. They also know he will cut their ass with out blinking if they don't do their job. As far as "we'll see if it works" I think we have already seen it works. These guys give Morris their all. Not because their coach is a warden type figure head, but because they feel obligated too give their all. Nobody wants to let their teammates or their coach down. You will always get more out of people when you create an atmosphere of camaraderie based on fear of failing your friends, rather than an authoritarian atmosphere based on fear of punishment. 

4bucs

Hall of Famer
« #128 : August 27, 2011, 08:27:55 AM »

Morris has created a family atmosphere where guys can be themselves and have fun, but they know when to be serious. It's no different then being a child when your dad got serious, you knew he was the top dog and you knew you had better stop playin and give him your full attention. These guys enjoy going to work and are comfortable around Morris. They trust him. They know this is a cut throat business, but they trust Morris to always be straight forward with them and tell them the truth. They also know he will cut their ass with out blinking if they don't do their job. As far as "we'll see if it works" I think we have already seen it works. These guys give Morris their all. Not because their coach is a warden type figure head, but because they feel obligated too give their all. Nobody wants to let their teammates or their coach down. You will always get more out of people when you create an atmosphere of camaraderie based on fear of failing your friends, rather than an authoritarian atmosphere based on fear of punishment.
this is spot on......thats why even though they are very young this team is dangerous because the players will jump off a cliff for Morris.
  Page: 1 ... 7 8 9
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Aqib Talib: “My dog” Raheem Morris “got the real true story” « previous next »
:  

Hide Tools Show Tools