Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Aqib Talib: “My dog” Raheem Morris “got the real true story” « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4 ... 9

AKA T.Calvin

Starter

« #15 : August 09, 2011, 09:24:40 AM »

In before Java.

Captain Hindsight

Hall of Famer

« #16 : August 09, 2011, 09:41:29 AM »

Ahahaha, that's my dog.

bradentonian

Hall of Famer

« #17 : August 09, 2011, 10:46:49 AM »

Trade him

Your Daddy

Second String

« #18 : August 09, 2011, 11:02:46 AM »

I've been out of the loop. What exactly happened with Talib?

Skull and Bones

Hall of Famer
« #19 : August 09, 2011, 11:08:54 AM »

I don't think he will go to jail.  I don't have any links, but I have been following the story closely.

The police only have 1 witness saying Talib fired shots (that being shannon, who was busy running away from the Talib family, through woods...not exactly the best situation to tell who is firing, and even if they are firing at you).  They also have 1 witness who says it might have been Talib (his mom...who is essentially trying to save her own ass because she DID fire shots before shannon started running away.  She says she couldnt see who fired shots because of the trees and so it MIGHT have been Talib).  something like 19 other witnesses say that talib definitely did NOT fire shots.  He brought the gun to the confrontation, tried to hit shannon, missed and dropped the gun.  Shannon then picked it up and tried to shoot talib, noted that the gun was jammed and ran....meanwhile Talib's mom fired shots, and talib gave chase.

even if talib had fired shots...there are multiple ways in which you could call the situation self defense.  remember, shannon had run off with talibs gun.  he WAS armed.  Also, the whole situation started because shannon was beating up on talib's sister.

The difference between talib, and rapelisberger is thus:  rapelisberger never denied having sex with a drunk girl.  he should have known that he was putting himself in a situation where the NFL's reputation could be tarnished.  Talib was in no such situation.  He had a right to defend his sister.
D.A. s don't pursue cases unless they think they have about a 90% chance of conviction.

Skull and Bones

Hall of Famer
« #20 : August 09, 2011, 11:11:13 AM »

Trade him

who is going to trade for him with the criminal charges pending, multiple incidences, and his rookie contract nearing it's end?  and we haven't found his replacement yet.

3rd String Kicker

Hall of Famer
« #21 : August 09, 2011, 11:14:24 AM »

D.A. s don't pursue cases unless they think they have about a 90% chance of conviction.

I'm not all that familiar with the legalities, but wouldn't a DA want a case against a professional athlete?

Skull and Bones

Hall of Famer
« #22 : August 09, 2011, 11:16:03 AM »

“That’s my dog,” Talib said of Morris. “If anybody’s got the real true story of what happened, Rah does.”

Can't wait until Java sees this one.

BTW, familiarity really does breed contempt.  Note to Morris: be very careful how close you get to your players.  Before you know it, the inmates will be running the asylum......
+1
I think this team needs to send a message.  since the case is still pending against Talib and he is more irreplaceable this season I think they should send Tanard packing when he gets reinstated.  maybe it will open Talib's eyes and remove the image that Morris is enabling these guys.

Skull and Bones

Hall of Famer
« #23 : August 09, 2011, 11:17:09 AM »

I'm not all that familiar with the legalities, but wouldn't a DA want a case against a professional athlete?
only if they can win it. who wants publicity if you are going to fail?

bradentonian

Hall of Famer

« #24 : August 09, 2011, 11:17:53 AM »

Trade him

who is going to trade for him with the criminal charges pending, multiple incidences, and his rookie contract nearing it's end?  and we haven't found his replacement yet.

A team who is loading up to win it all this year

Skull and Bones

Hall of Famer
« #25 : August 09, 2011, 11:20:56 AM »

maybe but for what we would probably get we might as well try to win this year ourselves.

notabucsfan

Hall of Famer

« #26 : August 09, 2011, 11:21:44 AM »

smh.. I like Talib as a player but he isn't the brightest guy.

Hate

Hall of Famer
« #27 : August 09, 2011, 11:24:08 AM »

"that's my dawg"........ geez, i "Hate" that expression!!!

-------------------------------------------------------

I thought Lovie said he wanted quickness & speed, even at the QB position?

Skull and Bones

Hall of Famer
« #28 : August 09, 2011, 11:26:58 AM »

I wonder where J-Dawg is?

Hate

Hall of Famer
« #29 : August 09, 2011, 12:00:39 PM »

probably underneath some lady boy

-------------------------------------------------------

I thought Lovie said he wanted quickness & speed, even at the QB position?
  Page: 1 2 3 4 ... 9
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Aqib Talib: “My dog” Raheem Morris “got the real true story” « previous next »
:  

Hide Tools Show Tools