Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Aqib Talib: “My dog” Raheem Morris “got the real true story” « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4 5 ... 9

bucsbum

Hall of Famer

« #30 : August 09, 2011, 12:04:57 PM »

I think the commissioner has to wait on this one. Talib was not out partying and in the wrong place. He was with family. It is not like he just went up to a taxi driver and hit him. Remember the guy he is accused of hitting is a fellin who had been arrested earlier in the day and given court order to stay away from Talib sister

ufojoe

Hall of Famer

« #31 : August 09, 2011, 12:05:20 PM »

D.A. s don't pursue cases unless they think they have about a 90% chance of conviction.

I don't concur.

ufojoe

Hall of Famer

« #32 : August 09, 2011, 12:07:17 PM »

I think they should send Tanard packing when he gets reinstated.  maybe it will open Talib's eyes and remove the image that Morris is enabling these guys.

Thankfully, you're not our GM. I can't wait until Tanard is back. Some may see Morris as en enabler. I'm not one of them.

ufojoe

Hall of Famer

« #33 : August 09, 2011, 12:12:14 PM »

Well one thing is clear. Rodger Goodell is screwing us by dragging his ass on this. He has all off season to look at the guys that have gotten into trouble. He needs to make his **CENSORED**ing decision already.

In my mind Talib is probably going to jail....but he should not be suspended until that happens.

First off, Goodell is not screwing us by waiting. If Goodell decided to send a message now with a four game suspension, that wouldn't prohibit him from suspending Talib again when the court case concludes.

I'll gladly take an entire season of Talib and I'm glad Goodell is dragging his ass.

And I don't see any jail time for Talib.

As Morgan pointed out, Goodell will wait for some sort of resolution of the case before deciding on a punishment. That could be a plea, a verdict or the charges being cropped.

Skull and Bones

Hall of Famer
« #34 : August 09, 2011, 12:21:15 PM »

I think they should send Tanard packing when he gets reinstated.  maybe it will open Talib's eyes and remove the image that Morris is enabling these guys.

Thankfully, you're not our GM. I can't wait until Tanard is back. Some may see Morris as en enabler. I'm not one of them.
how many G.M.s do you think would keep a guy suspended twice now for substance abuse?  and how many of those 10 wins we got last year did we get without Tanard?

bradentonian

Hall of Famer

« #35 : August 09, 2011, 12:23:44 PM »

I'd be happy to package Tanard and Talib and trade them for whatever we can get

ufojoe

Hall of Famer

« #36 : August 09, 2011, 12:33:17 PM »

Looking forward to Tanard laying some monster hits (not pot related) on opponents.

Skull and Bones

Hall of Famer
« #37 : August 09, 2011, 12:33:39 PM »

D.A. s don't pursue cases unless they think they have about a 90% chance of conviction.

I don't concur.

99.4%
http://www.dallasda.com/

ufojoe

Hall of Famer

« #38 : August 09, 2011, 12:38:02 PM »

I don't concur.

99.4%

Tell me what every DA in the country was thinking before they decided to charge the defendant. Then your percentile would actually mean something and back up your claim.

grotesktruth

Starter

« #39 : August 09, 2011, 12:50:00 PM »

I don't concur.

99.4%

Tell me what every DA in the country was thinking before they decided to charge the defendant. Then your percentile would actually mean something and back up your claim.

Reminds me of "Law Abiding Citizen" , and though it's Hollywood, it makes me wonder how much reality there is to Jamie Foxx's character (the DA)

Skull and Bones

Hall of Famer
« #40 : August 09, 2011, 12:55:33 PM »

they probably thinking  how they can either get re-elected, get appointed as a judge, or get a lucrative job offer from a law firm.  the answer to all is to win your cases that you choose to pursue.

Morgan

User is banned from postingMuted
Hall of Famer
« #41 : August 09, 2011, 01:37:41 PM »

I'd be happy to package Tanard and Talib and trade them for whatever we can get

I hate having thugs representing the team, but maybe having the threat of jail hanging over his head will keep Talib to the straight and narrow.

grotesktruth

Starter

« #42 : August 09, 2011, 01:43:39 PM »

at least this year...

Biggs3535

Hall of Famer
« #43 : August 09, 2011, 02:22:26 PM »

I don't concur.

99.4%

Since the case is in Texas, that number is pretty valid.

ISLAND BUCS

Starter

« #44 : August 09, 2011, 03:06:02 PM »

In the Federal System the conviction rate is about 90%.  The Feds do not go to trial unless that are pretty sure of a conviction.

In the State Systems, overall, the conviction rate is about 50%.

I do not know the conviction rate for Dallas.  However in the opening line of the Dallas DA's statement on his web page, the DA  says, "we are interested in seeking justice, not a high conviction rate", which seems to be an early explanation of  why every case tried does not end in a conviction.
  Page: 1 2 3 4 5 ... 9
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Aqib Talib: “My dog” Raheem Morris “got the real true story” « previous next »
:  

Hide Tools Show Tools