Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Bowers "may" not play at KC? « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3

xBuCsX_4_XeVax

User is on moderator watch listWatched
Pro Bowler

#15 : August 09, 2011, 04:09:02 PM

people the guy will be fine...i also wanted to see him friday night..but i rather see him in september then now

nubcake

Hall of Famer

#16 : August 09, 2011, 04:36:21 PM

I get giving him the Winslow treatment due to the knee, but you'd think they'll give him a few downs just to get his feet wet, assuming he isn't currently injured that is.

BucD

Hall of Famer

#17 : August 09, 2011, 04:41:52 PM

I'd like to see him play, but I'll trust the coaching staff if they think it is best for him to rest on Friday.

This.

Hate

Hall of Famer
#18 : August 09, 2011, 05:03:44 PM

Anyone else starting to get the feeling he's not as 100% as we've been led to believe?

Have you seen this guy in person?

-------------------------------------------------------

I thought Lovie said he wanted quickness & speed, even at the QB position?

Sim

Starter

#19 : August 09, 2011, 05:07:20 PM

I like this kid glove treatment or whatever. If i were a lions fan i would be crushed right now. I think no matter what bowers gives you on sunday, its going to be better than what anyother LE on the roster would do. I know everyone would like to see him in game action but what does it prove? He is going to be the bull why risk his health

Absolutely. The Lions have lost their 1st and 2nd round picks to injury. Imagine if WE lost Clayborn and Bowers....My optimism about this upcoming season (along with our pass rush) goes completely down the tube if this were to happen to our team...

Risking their health in meaningless preseason games would be stupid...

AKA T.Calvin

Starter

#20 : August 09, 2011, 06:01:59 PM

eh.1st preseason game i'm not concerned

MiltonMack21

Hall of Famer

#21 : August 09, 2011, 08:12:54 PM

Anyone else starting to get the feeling he's not as 100% as we've been led to believe?

Have you seen this guy in person?
Nope... but damn I was hoping to here in KC.

Ft Myers Buc Fan

Hall of Famer
#22 : August 09, 2011, 10:38:09 PM

I cant wait to see him in a game but I am more than willing to be patient if that means he is healthy all season.  The bucs did a great job last season dealing with K2 and Cadillac knee issues and they played in all 16 games so I am sure if he sits out, it just precautionary and I trust the Bucs on this one

MUSCLE_HAMSTER

Hall of Famer
#23 : August 09, 2011, 10:54:28 PM

Disappointing. I know it doesn't really mean anything. But I wanted to see him Friday night.
this

CaptainStagger

Hall of Famer
#24 : August 09, 2011, 10:57:41 PM

ummmmmmmm yeah........I think given the track record the staff has with bad knees ill give them the nod on this one. I remember allot of fans with allot of questions back when k2 was held out of practices. Sure it would be fun to unwrap the shiny new toy on Friday but i would rather unleash him when it matters.

jerseybucsfan

Hall of Famer
#25 : August 09, 2011, 11:11:12 PM

No criticism on this one. This is one area without a DOUBT where MD and Rah get the benefit of the doubt. Nobody ever won the Super Bowl in August. The guess is they might have to go kid gloves with Bowers for the next decade. But if he's approaching 100 career sacks by that point, it won't matter much.

In Verner We Trust

The Franchi5e

Pro Bowler

#26 : August 09, 2011, 11:40:16 PM

Did that writer not know that yesterday was the only day of practice that Bowers took off? I think he was back out there today. He'll be out there against the Chiefs I'm sure.

MUSCLE_HAMSTER

Hall of Famer
#27 : August 09, 2011, 11:57:06 PM

Did that writer not know that yesterday was the only day of practice that Bowers took off? I think he was back out there today. He'll be out there against the Chiefs I'm sure.
DaQuan himself said he may not play

BucD

Hall of Famer

#28 : August 10, 2011, 12:40:31 AM

Would suck not seeing Bowers or Stocker Friday, but I understand why they wouldn't be played.

Beatles123

Hall of Famer

#29 : August 10, 2011, 12:54:52 AM

I think LIMITED play is what we'll see. I would be shocked if he didn't play at all Friday. Stil, eve if he doesn't, it's only one preseason game. At this point with Bowers, you don't wanna rush in with guns a-blazing yet...baby steps.

This space for rent....*sigh* I trusted you coach.
Page: 1 2 3
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Bowers "may" not play at KC? « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools