Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Will Bucs Regret Loosing Ruud? « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4

tanardtokerjackson

Second String

#45 : August 11, 2011, 11:59:30 AM

Looks like the Bucs are going to regret letting Ruud go more than I thought.   Foster isn't good enough to go on 3rd down?   Worthless.

Seeing Foster is such a liablity in pass coverage, look for teams to shred the Bucs via the pass on first and second down.

If Mason Foster is worthless for not being a 3 down linebacker what does that make Ruud?  The reason he isn't here is because he sucks on 1st and 2nd down.  Guess that makes him worthless?

I think Raheem has a solid plan in place for Foster and Black.

bashear

Hall of Famer

#46 : August 11, 2011, 12:48:06 PM

I wish Ruud the best, and it can be argued that he'll be missed this year. The Bucs are not expecting the master plan to come to fruition this year--I believe Ruud just wasn't in the long term plans for the Bucs. They want to see if they can develop guys who'll make a difference in 2012 and beyond.

freddy

Hall of Famer
#47 : August 11, 2011, 12:59:39 PM

Several Bucs players will in fact regret Ruud's departure........

a dramatization......
Shortly after another Freeman to Williams TD pass, Penn is on the sideline with Jeff Faine as they walk to the bench to get a cold gatoraide and to catch a breather. Just as they start to sit down and prepare to take a good long break, much like they did most of last season, Davin yells over, "Come on guys, D held them to another 3 and out, we're up"  As they put their helmets on and walk to towards the sideline, Penn remarks to Jeff "Dang, I regret Rudd's departure, we don't get any time to relaxe between offensive series anymore"

rmiller14

Second String
#48 : August 11, 2011, 01:48:00 PM

Looks like the Bucs are going to regret letting Ruud go more than I thought.   Foster isn't good enough to go on 3rd down?   Worthless.

Seeing Foster is such a liablity in pass coverage, look for teams to shred the Bucs via the pass on first and second down.

If Mason Foster is worthless for not being a 3 down linebacker what does that make Ruud?  The reason he isn't here is because he sucks on 1st and 2nd down.  Guess that makes him worthless?

I think Raheem has a solid plan in place for Foster and Black.

In Foster's defense, he's only a rookie who has been practicing with the team for 2-3 weeks, tops.  It's not that Foster sucks at pass D; it's that he's a rookie (I think).

I think Rah learned his lesson last year when McCoy was struggling early in the season, which he claimed was a result of learning multiple positions simultaneously.  When McCoy focused on UT and started playing there more often than ever before, he started to do well.

Similarly, it's probably wiser to let Foster master one package (the base defense) rather than making him learn all the packages.  This is even more important since he's the guy making the calls for the whole D and getting everybody adjusted pre-snap.

I completely agree with Rah for taking him out on 3rd downs, since he hasn't had enough time to master the entire defense.  I'd rather him be very good in one package than mediocre to sucky in all the packages.  Eventually, when he's ready, he'll be on the field for nickel packages too.

Biggs3535

Hall of Famer
#49 : August 11, 2011, 03:22:33 PM

Will the Bucs regret losing Ruud?

In the short - possibly.  In the long run - no.

Page: 1 2 3 4
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Will Bucs Regret Loosing Ruud? « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools