Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  Pirate's Cove (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Ron Paul schools Rectorum on Iran deplomacy. « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4

Biggs3535

Hall of Famer
#45 : August 17, 2011, 03:20:59 PM

Would you vote for Paul, BBB?

John Galt?

Hall of Famer
#46 : August 17, 2011, 07:16:46 PM

Vatican,

You don't have to answer this if you don't want to, but how old are you?  Or are you under 40?  If so, I think you, SBF, and other young-ins on this board are examples of the young following Ron Paul has.  His age doesn't bother young people, so I'm not sure why older people wouldn't vote for him because of it.

Hey Biggs,

Im 25, so yeah I do fall in that age range that makes up alot of Ron Paul's base so his age is obviously not an issue with me. Besides, how old was Reagan when he took office, like 72? Dr. Paul is 75, so not an astronomical difference. Age should be the LEAST concern.

Reagan was 69 when inaugurated. The problem is a 2nd term, I can't see a 79 Year old touring all 57 states with all the travel, late nights, early mornings, etc. Reagan didn't have to run for re-election because the Ds didn't put up a candidate, but you can bet Hillary will run in 2016

Col. Klink

Pro Bowler

#47 : August 17, 2011, 08:35:28 PM

Would you vote for Paul, BBB?

I haven't really delved too deep into everything about him, but he doesn't make my skin crawl at first glance like most of the others do.... I like what little I've seen about his foreign policy which is what first caught my eye.

CBWx2

Hall of Famer

#48 : August 20, 2011, 08:51:38 PM

Paul's problem has never been an inability to relate to young people. I'd venture to guess that a majority of his supporters are under 40. Paul's problem isn't his age, it's his message. Legalizing drugs and prostitution and cutting Medicare and Social Security aren't things that older folks are going too be keen on, and making gold money, and closing down military bases overseas are not things that most people care about.

John Galt?

Hall of Famer
#49 : August 21, 2011, 12:07:13 PM

Paul's problem has never been an inability to relate to young people. I'd venture to guess that a majority of his supporters are under 40. Paul's problem isn't his age, it's his message. Legalizing drugs and prostitution and cutting Medicare and Social Security aren't things that older folks are going too be keen on, and making gold money, and closing down military bases overseas are not things that most people care about.

I think the closing of bases overseas is a great idea that can get support, but that gold standard thing is wack-a-doodle. IMO, Paul's biggest problem is too often he speaks in superlatives and absolutes and doesn't convey a sense of rational compromise. Yes we need to close down some of our overseas bases and reduce others, but he likes to use words like "all" and "every" too much.

Also, a lot of his economic rhetoric is either misstated or misunderstood (by him). Yes, the FRB needs to be reeled in and not given so much regulatory power, but to completely eliminate it and any central bank (as he has proposed) is just insane. Basing our currency on a commodity which other foreign powers can control is also an idea clearly not well thought out.

Page: 1 2 3 4
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  Pirate's Cove (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Ron Paul schools Rectorum on Iran deplomacy. « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools