Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: 1st team observations « previous next »
Page: 1

wreck ship

Hall of Famer

: August 12, 2011, 10:12:33 PM

Tampa was the better team tonight. Better conditioned, faster, in snyc, and just hungrier. That is a credit to the coaching who get an A+ for having these guys ready on the road.

Freeman gets a B. Another rookie on another team would get an A+ but Free set the bar high and he made too many mistakes despite driving the team into FG range each possession and scoring on a broken pass play.  Misreads, bad passes behind the receiver and too high on some. I counted two drop backs where he went through his progression too slow and one bad audible. Overall he gets a B from me for protecting the ball, making the right reads most of the time, scoring on a broken pass play, and being a badass!

Oline get a A-. I thought thy did great in pass protection and o.k. in run offense. I like the point of attack but they failed at times to finish their blocks.

TE- no winslow sighting

WR's get an A-. on pass plays they played great but run blocking was questionable on a few plays. Briscoe looks like he could easily be a number 2 on any team. Fast, great hands, great route running. He and another defensive player are my MVP's this game.

A for RB- Blount looks more toned this season. Proved he is a 3rd down back with a catch and nice blocking. He still gets happy feet in traffic but overall he looked like a determined downhill runner. Lumpkin looks like a keeper. Nice change of pace back after Blount wears down a defense. Good size, speed, and vision with great hands.

Dline gets a B - I'm sold on Clayborn. 1st play of the game, chiefs run, 1yrd. Clayborn jam's the tackle and clogs the line. BEAST! The chiefs broke a few runs when our dline failed to hold the point of contact and finish plays. On one play Bennett went around the tackle when he should have went through him and cost our defense some yards. Bowers played and pressured the QB. Much more than I expected when we drafted him so I'm stoked. Overall the dline played great.

A+ for Foster and the LB's - Hayes and Black do what they do and looked great in run and pass D. As expected. What wasn't expected was Foster playing full speed like he did in his 1st start. His field awareness is veteran like for a rookie and I was impressed by his size. Sure he's gonna make mistakes and have some growing pains but he has everything you want in a MLB. Ruud who? Haywood plays like a mad man and built like a tank. Glad we got em. McKenzie played fast and hard but was a step behind on some plays.

DB's, A+ - I missed S.Jones. the front seven took care of business and the DB's didn't mess it up. Good in run support and superb pass defense. I'm interested in hearing what Talib was doing in street clothes.

ST's - A+ for sure. Koenin looked awesome and earned his paycheck. Spurlock looked good and the kickoff coverage looks like a blanket.

Overall the Bucs get a B+ from me. A couple of times a player was late getting off the field and at one time causing us to call a time out. Unacceptable. Our defenders failed to finish plays at times. Unacceptable. Josh Freeman made some mistakes a mediocre QB would make and tried to jam passes into tight coverage instead of running and sliding.

co-mvp's - Briscoe and Foster

ducks - TE's

philosophy is questions that may never be answered
religion is answers that may never be questioned

anterrabae33

Hall of Famer

#1 : August 12, 2011, 10:20:13 PM

Tampa was the better team tonight. Better conditioned, faster, in snyc, and just hungrier. That is a credit to the coaching who get an A+ for having these guys ready on the road.

Freeman gets a B. Another rookie on another team would get an A+ but Free set the bar high and he made too many mistakes despite driving the team into FG range each possession and scoring on a broken pass play.  Misreads, bad passes behind the receiver and too high on some. I counted two drop backs where he went through his progression too slow and one bad audible. Overall he gets a B from me for protecting the ball, making the right reads most of the time, scoring on a broken pass play, and being a badass!

Oline get a A-. I thought thy did great in pass protection and o.k. in run offense. I like the point of attack but they failed at times to finish their blocks.

TE- no winslow sighting

WR's get an A-. on pass plays they played great but run blocking was questionable on a few plays. Briscoe looks like he could easily be a number 2 on any team. Fast, great hands, great route running. He and another defensive player are my MVP's this game.

A for RB- Blount looks more toned this season. Proved he is a 3rd down back with a catch and nice blocking. He still gets happy feet in traffic but overall he looked like a determined downhill runner. Lumpkin looks like a keeper. Nice change of pace back after Blount wears down a defense. Good size, speed, and vision with great hands.

Dline gets a B - I'm sold on Clayborn. 1st play of the game, chiefs run, 1yrd. Clayborn jam's the tackle and clogs the line. BEAST! The chiefs broke a few runs when our dline failed to hold the point of contact and finish plays. On one play Bennett went around the tackle when he should have went through him and cost our defense some yards. Bowers played and pressured the QB. Much more than I expected when we drafted him so I'm stoked. Overall the dline played great.

A+ for Foster and the LB's - Hayes and Black do what they do and looked great in run and pass D. As expected. What wasn't expected was Foster playing full speed like he did in his 1st start. His field awareness is veteran like for a rookie and I was impressed by his size. Sure he's gonna make mistakes and have some growing pains but he has everything you want in a MLB. Ruud who? Haywood plays like a mad man and built like a tank. Glad we got em. McKenzie played fast and hard but was a step behind on some plays.

DB's, A+ - I missed S.Jones. the front seven took care of business and the DB's didn't mess it up. Good in run support and superb pass defense. I'm interested in hearing what Talib was doing in street clothes.

ST's - A+ for sure. Koenin looked awesome and earned his paycheck. Spurlock looked good and the kickoff coverage looks like a blanket.

Overall the Bucs get a B+ from me. A couple of times a player was late getting off the field and at one time causing us to call a time out. Unacceptable. Our defenders failed to finish plays at times. Unacceptable. Josh Freeman made some mistakes a mediocre QB would make and tried to jam passes into tight coverage instead of running and sliding.

ducks - TE's

I think the superb pass defense might have been more the fault of the Chief's first team offense not throwing any passes.

DailyRich

Pro Bowler

#2 : August 12, 2011, 10:24:23 PM

Freeman would have looked a lot better without some of the drops his receivers had.  Same with Johnson.

Chris_BucFan60

User is on moderator watch listWatched
Pro Bowler

#3 : August 12, 2011, 10:35:09 PM

TE- no winslow sighting

ducks - TE's

Wow this is halirious. Its not about being hungry its preseason buddy. And Freeman had mis reads how do you know that?? can you tell me what his read was soupose to be?? Oh ok then. Went through the progression to slow? do you even know what his progression was?? oh ok.

wreck ship

Hall of Famer

#4 : August 12, 2011, 10:36:17 PM

TE- no winslow sighting

ducks - TE's

I think the superb pass defense might have been more the fault of the Chief's first team offense not throwing any passes.
Lol. Good point. I hadn't realized Cassell didn't attempt 1 pass. Our secondary is that badass

wreck ship

Hall of Famer

#5 : August 12, 2011, 10:41:40 PM

TE- no winslow sighting

ducks - TE's

Wow this is halirious. Its not about being hungry its preseason buddy. And Freeman had mis reads how do you know that?? can you tell me what his read was soupose to be?? Oh ok then. Went through the progression to slow? do you even know what his progression was?? oh ok.
Better a fan of a hungry Buc team than a chief fan who booed their team the whole game.

As for me know where Freeman was supposed to throw, I don't, i just guessed. And his facial expression confirmed my thoughts. One failed 3rd down pass that ended in fg was behind the reciever. Common sense would say if Free throws to that spot a second earlier, it would be a catch and a 1st down.

alldaway

Hall of Famer

#6 : August 12, 2011, 10:43:38 PM

Receivers had their hands on many passes by Free and JJ, and they have to come up in such situations.

Chris_BucFan60

Pro Bowler

#7 : August 12, 2011, 10:56:53 PM

TE- no winslow sighting

ducks - TE's

Better a fan of a hungry Buc team than a chief fan who booed their team the whole game.

As for me know where Freeman was supposed to throw, I don't, i just guessed. And his facial expression confirmed my thoughts. One failed 3rd down pass that ended in fg was behind the reciever. Common sense would say if Free throws to that spot a second earlier, it would be a catch and a 1st down.
Or maybe that wasen't even his read and since he had bitzing LB down his face he had to dump it off to him las second. hmm again you don't know. Facial expressions tells you nothing about what he is seeing too many variables to gurss

Ladyfan

Hall of Famer
#8 : August 12, 2011, 11:28:51 PM

D hustled behind of scrimmage but often didn't finish tackles....but that's quibbling...all in all a good start....still have work to do on stopping run and blocking for RBs/

Talib is suspended and has not been reinstated yet and may or may not be.

bucinnj

Hall of Famer

#9 : August 12, 2011, 11:37:27 PM

Our 1's played against several of their 2's and 3's.
As for the offensive "woes," some more time together will help everyone get on the same page.
It's only preseason game 1, more to follow........

Turn the page.

The Anti-Java

Hall of Famer

#10 : August 12, 2011, 11:39:24 PM

D hustled behind of scrimmage but often didn't finish tackles....but that's quibbling...all in all a good start....still have work to do on stopping run and blocking for RBs/

Talib is suspended and has not been reinstated yet and may or may not be.

Talib is suspended?   Did I miss something?

sig pic by chace1986

PewterReportMC....
\\\\\\\"Java, do you understand this a perfect example of why people beg me to suspend or ban you on a daily basis? Are you actually trying to make a point? Seriously what is the reason for even commenting. In fact why do you even bother coming to the boards? What happened to the intelligent poster from years ago?  A real shame. Like the Bucs yesterday, a wasted effort.\\\\\\\"

bucinnj

Hall of Famer

#11 : August 12, 2011, 11:48:34 PM

Says here Talib was held out as a precaution.
http://www.bucsnation.com/2011/8/12/2359375/tampa-bay-buccaneers-at-kansas-city-chiefs-preseason-week-1-game

Turn the page.

MUSCLE_HAMSTER

Hall of Famer
#12 : August 12, 2011, 11:55:21 PM

Talib is not suspended. He's just getting the vet treatment.

I'm way way WAY more curious as to why Myron was in street clothes

Page: 1
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: 1st team observations « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools