Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Suh is nuts. Freeman needs to watch out opening day. « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4 ... 6

bibfortuna

Second String
#15 : August 13, 2011, 03:43:36 AM

Forget this Suh-Free thing. This entire Bucs team is going to be looking for revenge.

JavaRay

User is banned from postingMuted
Hall of Famer

#16 : August 13, 2011, 07:12:00 AM

How low has this team fallen when they want to get "revenge" against the lowly Lions?

Condor Bastadon

Starter

#17 : August 13, 2011, 08:21:32 AM

Acting like a tough guy and basically falling into a bunch of sacks last year have made Suh the biggest hype in the league right now. Not to say that he isn't good, but he isn't some god-like monster that cannot be stopped...you can run the ball right at him.

BucBalla85

Hall of Famer

#18 : August 13, 2011, 08:25:16 AM

Week one is gonna be good.

GameTime

Hall of Famer
#19 : August 13, 2011, 08:56:11 AM

Acting like a tough guy and basically falling into a bunch of sacks last year have made Suh the biggest hype in the league right now. Not to say that he isn't good, but he isn't some god-like monster that cannot be stopped...you can run the ball right at him.

certainly agree.  just ask derek hardman.

\"Lets put the O back in Country\"

Bucpride5

Pro Bowler
#20 : August 13, 2011, 08:59:18 AM

After seeing last night I can't wait for Week 1!!!

Freeman stiff armed Suh last year and I doubt he is worried about getting slammed to the ground like Suh did to a rookie. Although I'm sure Java would love to see Suh do that to Freeman, I doubt it happens.

Formerly known as T

I\'ll be optimistic until I see a reason not to be

1sparkybuc

Hall of Famer
#21 : August 13, 2011, 09:34:27 AM

Suh did nothing special against our backup OL last year. I doubt he will fare any better against our starters.

ingey1968

Starter

#22 : August 13, 2011, 09:39:38 AM

Seriously. Do some of you even watch the NFL?   Suh prob "fell" into 2 sacks last year  and do you know why, its because he has a motor and never gives up on a play.

benir0

Hall of Famer

#23 : August 13, 2011, 09:40:33 AM

http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-game-highlights/09000d5d8216d1d0/Suh-flagged-for-slamming-a-helmet-less-Dalton?module=HP11_content_stream

Slamming a guy down with his helmet off after the play has been blown dead?    Geez

What a stupid play...

And is it just me, or was that the worst double-team ever?  The second guy barely got his hands on Suh, essentially picking his own man off of him...damn...

GameTime

Hall of Famer
#24 : August 13, 2011, 09:43:24 AM

Seriously. Do some of you even watch the NFL?   Suh prob "fell" into 2 sacks last year  and do you know why, its because he has a motor and never gives up on a play.

his fumble recovery for a TD is the highlight they run continuously.  he was blocked 10 yards out of the play.

like the original comment, suh is a great player.  but he's not some unstoppable force.  hardman and the Bucs proved that last year.

\"Lets put the O back in Country\"

benir0

Hall of Famer

#25 : August 13, 2011, 09:47:08 AM

How low has this team fallen when they want to get "revenge" against the lowly Lions?

I guess you aren't aware of some of the old history of this franchise.  I'm always ready to inform new fan about this team's lore and mythology.

Well a while back, way back in 2010, the Buccaneers were in a tightly contested playoff race.  We faced the Lions, a team with a similar youth movement afoot, just like ours.  The game came down to the final minutes, and we lost it on a clearly blown call.  To top it off, we missed the playoffs on a tiebreaker.

I hope this helps shed some light on why we would be getting revenge against the "lowly" Lions.

Welcome aboard the Pewter Pirate ship, newbie!   :D
: August 13, 2011, 09:48:39 AM benir0

Stratobuc

Starter
#26 : August 13, 2011, 09:48:20 AM

Suh better watch that cheap shot crap or he'll find his high dollar butt suspended.

JavaRay

User is banned from postingMuted
Hall of Famer

#27 : August 13, 2011, 09:53:00 AM

I guess you aren't aware of some of the old history of this franchise.  I'm always ready to inform new fan about this team's lore and mythology.

Well a while back, way back in 2010, the Buccaneers were in a tightly contested playoff race.  We faced the Lions, a team with a similar youth movement afoot, just like ours.  The game came down to the final minutes, and we lost it on a clearly blown call.  To top it off, we missed the playoffs on a tiebreaker.

I hope this helps shed some light on why we would be getting revenge against the "lowly" Lions.

Welcome aboard the Pewter Pirate ship, newbie!   :D

That might make sense if the Lions had a shot at the playoffs last year.   They didn't.

Skull and Bones

Hall of Famer

#28 : August 13, 2011, 09:54:28 AM

his fumble recovery for a TD is the highlight they run continuously.  he was blocked 10 yards out of the play.

like the original comment, suh is a great player.  but he's not some unstoppable force. 
QFT.  He drives a Chrysler 300 sedan.

Coburn1

Starter

#29 : August 13, 2011, 10:17:18 AM

Prior to the draft a few people thought McCoy could work out better in the long run was that they figured Suh could have 2 or 3 phenomenal seasons but then might even be out of the league due to the wear and tear on his knees. It seems like after one good season no one ever brings that up anymore, but still have to see how long his career plays out
Page: 1 2 3 4 ... 6
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Suh is nuts. Freeman needs to watch out opening day. « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools