Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: what nobody's talking about « previous next »
Page: 1 2

xBuCsX_4_XeVax

User is on moderator watch listWatched
Pro Bowler

: August 13, 2011, 10:25:27 AM

i think our OL had a great game..and i mean our starters...like i know the cheifs were playing vanilla D..but damn i was impressed with the right side of the our line ...specially with Trueblood as bad as he was last year....go bucs!!!

dalbuc

Hall of Famer

#1 : August 13, 2011, 10:28:59 AM

i think our OL had a great game..and i mean our starters...like i know the cheifs were playing vanilla D..but damn i was impressed with the right side of the our line ...specially with Trueblood as bad as he was last year....go bucs!!!

RB's averaged 2.8 ypc and it was our 1's vs their 2's for the whole time our starters were on the field. On Blount's "long" run of 4 yards the entire right side got pushed back but Bloount got his yards whne the backside contain failed.  That line didn't look all that good overall and especially given what they played against.

All posts are opinions in case you are too stupid to figure that out on your own without me saying it over and over.

xBuCsX_4_XeVax

User is on moderator watch listWatched
Pro Bowler

#2 : August 13, 2011, 10:33:56 AM

bro. i dont know what game you were watching ...Freedog had all day back there to throw the rock! last year he would of gotten harrased

GameTime

Hall of Famer
#3 : August 13, 2011, 11:10:49 AM

like dal mentioned, it was our 1 vs their 2's.  hali, dorsey, gregg all sat.  pass pro looked good, but it better have, right?  run blocking left a lot to be desired, especially considering the guys they were blocking.

but its game one.  im real excited about the season.

\"Lets put the O back in Country\"

ToddyBuc

Hall of Famer

#4 : August 13, 2011, 11:26:37 AM

RB's averaged 2.8 ypc and it was our 1's vs their 2's for the whole time our starters were on the field. On Blount's "long" run of 4 yards the entire right side got pushed back but Bloount got his yards whne the backside contain failed.  That line didn't look all that good overall and especially given what they played against.

When did you become so negative..... Dalbuc you use to be so positive I mean you know your football, but damn it's the first game and we have depth at that position.

Trueblood could suprise us and if he fails you put in Lee.. Penn-Larsen-Faine-Joseph are good in my book... And we have Zuttah-Hardman coming along..

Bucs-Lightning already World Champions. Rays Next!!!

dalbuc

Hall of Famer

#5 : August 13, 2011, 11:31:28 AM

When did you become so negative..... Dalbuc you use to be so positive I mean you know your football, but damn it's the first game and we have depth at that position.

That line didn't perform like a line that has 4 out of 5 guys getting premium salaries playings vs backups in vanilla schemes. I saw a lot of the same stuff going on. Davin had some monster play where he was blocking like 8 yards down field in the "I'm earning my $7m per" moment but on another he was pushed into the backfield and then on a screen he just didn't block his man. You look at the actual run blocking and they didn't do their job. That's not negative that's just reality. The pass blocking was nice but I don't think all the guys KC played tonight would get 8 sacks combined during the course of an NFL season.

All posts are opinions in case you are too stupid to figure that out on your own without me saying it over and over.

Feel Real Good

Hall of Famer

#6 : August 13, 2011, 11:35:13 AM

Pass pro was good, but as has been said, KC had no NFL level pass rushing threats on the field. In run blocking, they did a good job maintaining and/or moving the line of scrimmage, but there sure weren't many holes to run through.

FRG is the most logical poster on this board.  You guys just don\'t like where the logical conclusions take you.

ToddyBuc

Hall of Famer

#7 : August 13, 2011, 11:38:05 AM

That line didn't perform like a line that has 4 out of 5 guys getting premium salaries playings vs backups in vanilla schemes. I saw a lot of the same stuff going on. Davin had some monster play where he was blocking like 8 yards down field in the "I'm earning my $7m per" moment but on another he was pushed into the backfield and then on a screen he just didn't block his man. You look at the actual run blocking and they didn't do their job. That's not negative that's just reality. The pass blocking was nice but I don't think all the guys KC played tonight would get 8 sacks combined during the course of an NFL season.

I can live with that analogy..   I still think we'll be okay we've only practiced what 16 days so far..

Bucs-Lightning already World Champions. Rays Next!!!

wreck ship

Hall of Famer

#8 : August 13, 2011, 03:28:31 PM

1st preseason game. the best part about this game is the film.

philosophy is questions that may never be answered
religion is answers that may never be questioned

Ladyfan

Hall of Famer
#9 : August 13, 2011, 03:54:31 PM

Interesting to see what the film will show.  What the heck is that play where two guards shift from right to left SIGNALING TO ANYONE a run left????  Miserable play oro poorly executed?????  You tell me.

GameTime

Hall of Famer
#10 : August 13, 2011, 03:58:06 PM

2 guards or 2 TE's?  i would assume thats a trick olson picked up from gruden so the QB can read the defense.

\"Lets put the O back in Country\"

nubcake

Hall of Famer

#11 : August 13, 2011, 04:04:24 PM

Run blocking still needs a lot of work, but the pass block was fantastic. Granted, Hali and Dorsey weren't in there so it's somewhat deceiving, but last season we were often getting beaten by scrubs anyways. So far it looks like a major improvement, but it's one game so it's definitely too early to say for sure.

The Anti-Java

Hall of Famer

#12 : August 13, 2011, 04:27:43 PM

I think the O-line looked pretty good.  With basically the same players as last year, gotta give some credit to Pat Morris.  I hope to see them build on that game amd get better.

sig pic by chace1986

PewterReportMC....
\\\\\\\"Java, do you understand this a perfect example of why people beg me to suspend or ban you on a daily basis? Are you actually trying to make a point? Seriously what is the reason for even commenting. In fact why do you even bother coming to the boards? What happened to the intelligent poster from years ago?  A real shame. Like the Bucs yesterday, a wasted effort.\\\\\\\"

cheveliar

Hall of Famer

#13 : August 13, 2011, 06:47:00 PM

I thought they did a lot better blocking all the way around.  Sure you didn't have the level of competition so you take it as a grain of salt and something to work on.  However, I saw improvement because linebackers and linemen were not nipping at the feet of runners on running plays.  Our linemen were in the second level often. No free runners in pass pro from the starters.  To me those things stuck out as a solid performance for a preseason game.  Can they get better sure, will they is the question...

Without Carl Nix it feels like our running game just took a death blow to the face!

cheveliar

Hall of Famer

#14 : August 13, 2011, 06:52:16 PM

Our kicking game was pretty awesome last night.  We pinned them most of the game.  That's the one thing I thought most people wouldn't pay attention too...

Without Carl Nix it feels like our running game just took a death blow to the face!

Page: 1 2
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: what nobody's talking about « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools