Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Dekoda Watson can be our Clay Matthews « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3

benir0

Hall of Famer
#15 : August 14, 2011, 10:07:30 AM

If you said Derrick Brooks was our Clay Matthews, I'd agree.   Dekoda Watson?   Please.

Brooks and Matthews couldn't be more different. I think he was suggesting that their pass rushing from the LB position could be similar...Watson and Matthews, that is.

Zsnore

User is on moderator watch listWatched
Pro Bowler
#16 : August 14, 2011, 10:14:08 AM

"athletically gifted" rarely ever translates to football ability.

LOL! Wrong again- All football players are athletically gifted. It's heart and determination that makes a football player stand-out. Dekota Watson and Derrick Brooks come from the same college, gotta love that. Hopefully that gives Dekota incentive to kickass, I like how Foster idolizes Derrick also.

This is what I think about the Glazers being cheap...

Hate

Hall of Famer
#17 : August 14, 2011, 10:16:26 AM

If you said Derrick Brooks was our Clay Matthews, I'd agree.   Dekoda Watson?   Please.

"Our"?

How/When did that happen?

-------------------------------------------------------

I thought Lovie said he wanted quickness & speed, even at the QB position?

JavaRay

User is banned from postingMuted
Hall of Famer

#18 : August 14, 2011, 11:25:38 AM

The title of the thread is "our".    I was merely responding in kind.

cheveliar

Hall of Famer

#19 : August 14, 2011, 11:30:47 AM

I like Okam and Woods.  Both those guys can do nicely in limited roles...Our starters have to make those guys better by laying the ground work...

Without Carl Nix it feels like our running game just took a death blow to the face!

DefenseWins

Hall of Famer

#20 : August 14, 2011, 11:32:00 AM

I watched the game twice now with tons of replays. I am convinced after watching Dekoda Watson that he is one of our most explosive pass rushers.....

He did look really good off the "edge".

It is a new day in TAMPA BAY!    GO BUCS!!

Madman

Hall of Famer
#21 : August 14, 2011, 11:45:01 AM

* Frank Okam destroyed every Guard he faced, whether running plays or passing plays. He was 3 yrds behind the line on almost every play.
* Michael Bennett is in for a big year. They even started to double and chip him. He was a headache for their RT all game.
* Daniel Hardy will make the team as a receiving TE, he can play. Another great pick.
* Clayborn is a absolute stud and shows no fear or intimidation. Once he gains more experience he will be dominant.
* Mason Foster has a nose for the ball and will put his face on you. Pass coverage is work in progress
* Lumpkin was only average. Speed average, vision average, strength average, wiggle...none! Will not scare an NFL defense. Blount better not get hurt!

Great points on these guys... also agree Watson needs to see the field more this year.

barbernbrooks

Hall of Famer

#22 : August 14, 2011, 11:51:05 AM

I like Okam and Woods.  Both those guys can do nicely in limited roles...Our starters have to make those guys better by laying the ground work...

okam should be a starter...not have a limited role...period

Borat!

Starter

#23 : August 14, 2011, 12:31:48 PM

Brooks and Matthews are complete opposites. Horrible horrible comparison

\\\\\\\"...even if we win the SB not getting a few FAS with so many available was being pig headed and fanatical.\\\\\\\" - 4bucs

notabucsfan

Hall of Famer

#24 : August 14, 2011, 12:33:05 PM

Watson gets to the quarterback a couple times and now people want him to be our Clay Matthews? Don't see it.

Bucman

Hall of Famer
#25 : August 14, 2011, 12:50:58 PM

We will need to see more of Dekoda Watson before we start comparing him to one of the best blitzing LBs in the league. Also, Ronde Barber has been on this team for over a decade, when will people start getting his name correct...

1sparkybuc

Hall of Famer
#26 : August 14, 2011, 12:57:43 PM

okam should be a starter...not have a limited role...period

For these guys to be effective in the 4th quarter, we need a solid rotation throughout the game. It hardly matters who is named the starter. Raheem makes use of everybody. If you're on the roster, you're going to contribute something. You're going to be involved.. We have great depth on the DL and at LB. The talent is there. They just need experience. Great coaching can't hurt. This should be a great Defense by the time we get to the playoffs.
: August 14, 2011, 12:59:54 PM 1sparkybuc

GuerillaInThaMist

Rookie

#27 : August 14, 2011, 01:07:46 PM

Watson needs a lot more steroids to be like Matthews. NFL needs to bust that guy.
Gimme a freakin break.

Tracktion

Second String

#28 : August 14, 2011, 02:57:38 PM

I'd say Dekota Watson is more gifted athletically. Dekota 23 Matthew's being 25, we'll see where he stands in 2 years.

Dekota Watson                                                             
    40-Yard Dash                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                 
        Worst: 4.97 Best OLB: Dekoda Watson 4.56
    3-Cone Drill
        Worst: 7.37 Best OLB: Kyle Bosworth 6.67
    20-Yard Shuttle
        Worst: 4.60 Best OLB: Kyle Bosworth 4.11

Bench Press
        Worst: 2.0 Best OLB: Sean Weatherspoon 34.0
    Vertical Jump
        Worst: 29.5 Best OLB: Keenan Clayton 41.5
    Broad Jump
        Worst: 108.0 Best OLB: Dekoda Watson 134.0
http://insider.espn.go.com/nfl/draft/player/combine?id=25566&_slug_=dekoda-watson&action=login&appRedirect=http%3a%2f%2finsider.espn.go.com%2fnfl%2fdraft%2fplayer%2fcombine%3fid%3d25566%26_slug_%3ddekoda-watson

Clay Matthews
    40-Yard Dash
        Worst: 4.92 Best OLB: Jonathan Casillas 4.45
    3-Cone Drill
        Worst: 7.21 Best OLB: Brian Cushing 6.84

Bench Press
        Worst: 12.0 Best OLB: Brian Cushing 30.0
    Vertical Jump
        Worst: 35.0 Best OLB: Aaron Curry 37.0
     Broad Jump
          DNP
http://insider.espn.go.com/nfl/draft/player/combine?id=24669&_slug_=clay-matthews&action=login&appRedirect=http%3a%2f%2finsider.espn.go.com%2fnfl%2fdraft%2fplayer%2fcombine%3fid%3d24669%26_slug_%3dclay-matthews

Don't compare with combine number.... Here's another LB on our roster who beats them both..

3 Cone Drill
6.86 secs
60 Yard Shuttle
11.23 secs
Bench Press
24.0 reps
40 Yard Dash
4.42 Secs
Vertical Jump
41.5 inches
Broad Jump
124.0 inches

buchead

Hall of Famer

#29 : August 14, 2011, 03:15:36 PM

Why is geno still ahead of watson? Niether watson, or black(or geno for that matter) are "tackling machines". What i mean by that is a guy who will have 180 tackles a year. They are athletic guys who will make plays. Foster is that tackling machine(based off college statistics only), put those 2 guys on the outside and foster in the middle and i like our chances.
Page: 1 2 3
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Dekoda Watson can be our Clay Matthews « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools