Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Price to start Thursday night « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 ... 6

michael89156

Hall of Famer

: August 14, 2011, 05:52:01 PM

Bucs NT Brian Price (pelvis surgery) is expected to start Thursday's exhibition game against the Patriots.
Price has come a long way in the past couple of months. He had gained quite a bit of weight during the lockout in addition to rehabbing from experimental surgery. Price will have to avoid a setback over the next three weeks, but he's on pace to start the season opener.

Source: Rick Stroud on Twitter Aug 14, 5:39 PM

MUSCLE_HAMSTER

User is on moderator watch listWatched
Hall of Famer
#1 : August 14, 2011, 05:58:27 PM

interesting

notabucsfan

Hall of Famer

#2 : August 14, 2011, 06:03:45 PM

Can't wait to see him play. I actually think we need to see what we can get out of Roy in a trade if Price does come along well. The DLine is crowded with talent and as of right now I like the full potential of Price and Okam better.

The Anti-Java

Hall of Famer

#3 : August 14, 2011, 06:04:08 PM

Well I guess he needs to get in shape somehow.   Might as well throw him in there and see if this experimental surgery pans out.   Maybe it made him bionic.

sig pic by chace1986

PewterReportMC....
\\\\\\\"Java, do you understand this a perfect example of why people beg me to suspend or ban you on a daily basis? Are you actually trying to make a point? Seriously what is the reason for even commenting. In fact why do you even bother coming to the boards? What happened to the intelligent poster from years ago?  A real shame. Like the Bucs yesterday, a wasted effort.\\\\\\\"

Bucs N Beers

Hall of Famer
#4 : August 14, 2011, 06:05:24 PM

Good for him. He's had a long road. Hopefully he returns to pre-surgery form.

Might get to see the Clayborn/Price/GMC/Bowers line Thursday.

Beatles123

Hall of Famer

#5 : August 14, 2011, 06:23:27 PM

Will McCoy play too?

This space for rent....*sigh* I trusted you coach.

ingey1968

Starter

#6 : August 14, 2011, 06:25:14 PM

Why would you want to trade Roy? First of all you arent going to get anything and second of all, you need depth. The dline cannot play every down. You need good depth to spell the starters and not have a huge dropoff in production

BucMyLife

Pro Bowler
#7 : August 14, 2011, 06:26:41 PM

The quest for .500 begins...

blind melon

Hall of Famer

#8 : August 14, 2011, 06:27:38 PM

Today's presser is up over at the main site...

Coach said McCoy and Price have a shot to go thursday...

ABlack - high ankle sprain

QBlack - will continue to make calls with headset

Stocker - limited and running

Talib - day to day (groin or hammy)

Go get Bridgewater.   Do what it takes.

The Anti-Java

Hall of Famer

#9 : August 14, 2011, 06:29:59 PM

Will McCoy play too?

CBSSportsNFLTB Bucs RapidReports
#buccaneers DTs McCoy, Price expected to play Thursday http://t.co/4EwHblD
44 minutes ago

sig pic by chace1986

PewterReportMC....
\\\\\\\"Java, do you understand this a perfect example of why people beg me to suspend or ban you on a daily basis? Are you actually trying to make a point? Seriously what is the reason for even commenting. In fact why do you even bother coming to the boards? What happened to the intelligent poster from years ago?  A real shame. Like the Bucs yesterday, a wasted effort.\\\\\\\"

JDouble

Hall of Famer
#10 : August 14, 2011, 06:34:58 PM

They are both expected to play....never said anything about Price starting though.

Draft Aaron Donald

notabucsfan

Hall of Famer

#11 : August 14, 2011, 06:35:42 PM

Why would you want to trade Roy? First of all you aren't going to get anything and second of all, you need depth. The dline cannot play every down. You need good depth to spell the starters and not have a huge dropoff in production

You think there is enough room on the interior line for Roy, Price, McCoy, Okam, and Woods? Roy has some trade value as he did come on towards the end of the year last year and played decently well. We may not get a high draft pick out of him but anything for someone who's playing time is more then likely going to decrease dramatically is good. Of course this all depends on how Price comes in and plays. I understand the Dline can not play every down but Okam and Woods are both capable of backing up Price and McCoy just as well if not better then Roy can. Okam actually has outplayed Roy in every game he has played since being a Buc (besides his first start ever). We may be able to turn Roy into a mid round draft pick and that is better then letting him fade away into our depth at dline.

bucs449

Hall of Famer

#12 : August 14, 2011, 06:39:06 PM

No way the Bucs trade Miller. Millard loves him. Roy is here to stay.

The Anti-Java

Hall of Famer

#13 : August 14, 2011, 06:42:33 PM

No way the Bucs trade Miller. Millard loves him. Roy is here to stay.

Agree.   I can't think of anyone I would want to trade.   Even JJ.  Let him depart in free agency then get a comp pick.
: August 14, 2011, 06:44:25 PM The-anti-java

sig pic by chace1986

PewterReportMC....

The Franchi5e

Pro Bowler

#14 : August 14, 2011, 06:45:04 PM

Will McCoy play too?

CBSSportsNFLTB Bucs RapidReports
#buccaneers DTs McCoy, Price expected to play Thursday http://t.co/4EwHblD
44 minutes ago

Can't wait.  8)
Page: 1 2 3 ... 6
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Price to start Thursday night « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools