Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Price to start Thursday night « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4 ... 6

notabucsfan

Hall of Famer

#15 : August 14, 2011, 06:56:13 PM

No way the Bucs trade Miller. Millard loves him. Roy is here to stay.

Will see how much he loves him when the season starts and Price is healthy. I think we will see him eventually fade out. Just my opinion though.

The Anti-Java

Hall of Famer

#16 : August 14, 2011, 07:10:49 PM

No way the Bucs trade Miller. Millard loves him. Roy is here to stay.

Will see how much he loves him when the season starts and Price is healthy. I think we will see him eventually fade out. Just my opinion though.

Its a leap of faith to think Price will be in shape by the start of the season.  After all that is only 4 weeks or so away.  Guy looks huge right now.

sig pic by chace1986

PewterReportMC....
\\\\\\\"Java, do you understand this a perfect example of why people beg me to suspend or ban you on a daily basis? Are you actually trying to make a point? Seriously what is the reason for even commenting. In fact why do you even bother coming to the boards? What happened to the intelligent poster from years ago?  A real shame. Like the Bucs yesterday, a wasted effort.\\\\\\\"

Ft Myers Buc Fan

Hall of Famer
#17 : August 14, 2011, 07:15:53 PM

I am intrigued to see what Price can do on the field at his weight and after the injury.  If he can get back to what he was, we are stacked at DT asw I thought Okam looked very good and Woods as well...

barbernbrooks

Hall of Famer

#18 : August 14, 2011, 07:50:36 PM

maybe price won't beat him out, but okam sure should....he's outplayed miller forever. We'll tell if rah truly has a "best man wins the job" philosophy by whether okam is starting on opening day or not.

NotDeadYet

Hall of Famer

#19 : August 14, 2011, 08:10:57 PM

Price needs some playing time to get into better shape. We seem to be STACKED at DT. I keep thinkin' one of these guys would move to DE, but instead we draft Clayborn and Bowers at DE. I have no idea how our roster will pan out, but if they're all healthy, I expect us to keep 9, maybe 10 D'linemen. McCoy, Price, Woods, Okam, Miller are all good, and EJ Wilson plays both DE & DT and has been noted as an up-and-comer. Then we have Clayborn, Bowers, Bennett, and Crowder. Kyle Moore seems the most likely to go, but they could put Wilson on the PS. Nice "problem" to have...

The Anti-Java

Hall of Famer

#20 : August 14, 2011, 08:16:23 PM

Price needs some playing time to get into better shape. We seem to be STACKED at DT. I keep thinkin' one of these guys would move to DE, but instead we draft Clayborn and Bowers at DE. I have no idea how our roster will pan out, but if they're all healthy, I expect us to keep 9, maybe 10 D'linemen. McCoy, Price, Woods, Okam, Miller are all good, and EJ Wilson plays both DE & DT and has been noted as an up-and-comer. Then we have Clayborn, Bowers, Bennett, and Crowder. Kyle Moore seems the most likely to go, but they could put Wilson on the PS. Nice "problem" to have...

Heck , Kyle  had 2 sacks the other night and Morris said he should of  had 3.

sig pic by chace1986

PewterReportMC....
\\\\\\\"Java, do you understand this a perfect example of why people beg me to suspend or ban you on a daily basis? Are you actually trying to make a point? Seriously what is the reason for even commenting. In fact why do you even bother coming to the boards? What happened to the intelligent poster from years ago?  A real shame. Like the Bucs yesterday, a wasted effort.\\\\\\\"

Condor Bastadon

Starter

#21 : August 14, 2011, 08:23:22 PM

We're not stacked at DT if Roy Miller is starting. He is not a starting caliber player at this point. There was a reason that centers and guards had a free ride to our LB's last season. He had a few nice moments but overall he was a big part of our run D sucking so bad.

Price may get a start in the preseason just to see where he's at physically and to get him some good reps, but I seriously doubt he's anything more than a 15-20 snap guy this year since he's so out of shape.

ryan24

Hall of Famer
#22 : August 14, 2011, 08:44:09 PM

It's interesting that a guy who was inactive last week and has been observed limping at practice is now going to start. This has all the appearances of put up or they are going to make a move with him.

Happy and Peppy and Bursting with love.

The Anti-Java

Hall of Famer

#23 : August 14, 2011, 08:48:14 PM

It's interesting that a guy who was inactive last week and has been observed limping at practice is now going to start. This has all the appearances of put up or they are going to make a move with him.

Ya its a bit odd.    What better way to get hurt,  than trying to play when your out of shape.

sig pic by chace1986

PewterReportMC....

youngone

Hall of Famer
#24 : August 14, 2011, 08:49:11 PM

hmmmm,,

Madman

Hall of Famer

#25 : August 14, 2011, 09:44:17 PM

Good to hear. I didn't expect much from Price this season after off season reports were so negative and his weight ballooned.

Man if Price can really go and guys like Okam and Bennett play like they did Friday night... this D-line could be a force.

benir0

Hall of Famer
#26 : August 14, 2011, 10:19:58 PM

I think Miller is an underrated workhorse.  Underrated at least on these boards.  He should be a valuable part of the rotation, unless Woods and Magee blow the doors off.

JDouble

Hall of Famer
#27 : August 14, 2011, 10:27:58 PM

I don't think it's odd. We have a lot of talented defensive linemen. If Price isn't ready, he needs to go on the PUP. Otherwise we have to cut a talented player. So Price needs to show where he's at now or go on PUP.

Draft Aaron Donald

The Anti-Java

Hall of Famer

#28 : August 14, 2011, 10:41:17 PM

I don't think it's odd. We have a lot of talented defensive linemen. If Price isn't ready, he needs to go on the PUP. Otherwise we have to cut a talented player. So Price needs to show where he's at now or go on PUP.

Agree he might end up on the PUP list.   The odd part is they would throw a guy out there that is obviously not in shape.

sig pic by chace1986

PewterReportMC....

ryan24

Hall of Famer
#29 : August 14, 2011, 10:43:49 PM

He's not PUP eligible. They'd have to IR him.

Happy and Peppy and Bursting with love.
Page: 1 2 3 4 ... 6
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Price to start Thursday night « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools