Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Price to start Thursday night « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6

JDouble

Hall of Famer
#30 : August 14, 2011, 10:48:55 PM

I don't think it's odd. We have a lot of talented defensive linemen. If Price isn't ready, he needs to go on the PUP. Otherwise we have to cut a talented player. So Price needs to show where he's at now or go on PUP.

Agree he might end up on the PUP list.   The odd part is they would throw a guy out there that is obviously not in shape.

He's still over weight but I think they feel he has had long enough to heal and needs to push through it. He's not gonna come back sitting on the sideline.

ryan24

Hall of Famer

#31 : August 14, 2011, 10:52:29 PM

I don't think it's odd. We have a lot of talented defensive linemen. If Price isn't ready, he needs to go on the PUP. Otherwise we have to cut a talented player. So Price needs to show where he's at now or go on PUP.

Agree he might end up on the PUP list.   The odd part is they would throw a guy out there that is obviously not in shape.

He's still over weight but I think they feel he has had long enough to heal and needs to push through it. He's not gonna come back sitting on the sideline.

Nor eating cheeseburgers on the sideline.

Happy and Peppy and Bursting with love.

jerseybucsfan

Hall of Famer
#32 : August 15, 2011, 02:53:14 AM

I still have big hopes for Price. If you get a pass rush from all four starting linemen.... wow!

In Verner We Trust

bucsbum

Hall of Famer

#33 : August 15, 2011, 08:42:18 AM

I was disappointed that we did not get to see Price at least ride a treadmill on thursday

BucNY

Hall of Famer

#34 : August 15, 2011, 08:51:38 AM

Can't wait to see him play. I actually think we need to see what we can get out of Roy in a trade if Price does come along well. The DLine is crowded with talent and as of right now I like the full potential of Price and Okam better.

Why would we trade Roy Miller? Didn't Morris just get done saying how much he helped this defensive line and how important to us he was? Not to mention why sacrifice the depth at DT?

This ain't madden, you don't trade good players for unknown draft picks.

\\\\\\\"This forum needs a poster like BucNY now more than ever\\\\\\\"
      - Everyone

flaitguy

Starter
#35 : August 15, 2011, 09:06:07 AM

Refrigerator Perry was overweight too. I don't see him playing every down but I think he gets time against the second team offense to give him some football experience. He can actually be a great run stopper. Still quick on his feet to win the first move and big enough to stonewall a big back trying to bust through the  line. 2 plays out of 4 is all you need him for, then bring in miller for 3rd and 4th.

onebucfn

Second String

#36 : August 15, 2011, 09:44:55 AM

I saw Price at the night practice in the bucs stadium. They had him in the 1v1 showcase vs ted larson i think. Price looked overweight and limped up to get in position. Of course he looked terrible attempting to rush larson and was easily pushed past the qb marker. Price then limped really bad back to the sideline with his head down and looking completly depressed. I dont know what they plan to do with him, but he looked like he was still in pain

Skull and Bones

Hall of Famer
#37 : August 15, 2011, 09:53:50 AM

Dexter Jackson him and move on.  Dom is good when it comes to the draft but he isn't some god like Snore would want you to believe.  even the best have busts.

Zsnore

User is on moderator watch listWatched
Pro Bowler
#38 : August 15, 2011, 09:56:33 AM

Not only my lord and savior, but the Bucs as well =)

This is what I think about the Glazers being cheap...

GameTime

Hall of Famer
#39 : August 15, 2011, 09:57:14 AM

Dexter Jackson him and move on.  Dom is good when it comes to the draft but he isn't some god like Snore would want you to believe.  even the best have busts.

dexter jackson showed nothing on the field.  according to practice observers and UCLA fans price has.  PUP him, IR him, whatever.  but you dont give up on a talented guy with a major injury after 1 season.

\"Lets put the O back in Country\"

MiltonMack21

Hall of Famer

#40 : August 15, 2011, 09:59:05 AM

Pretty much. Just can him and move on. Chalk it up as a loss and forget about him.

Zsnore

Pro Bowler
#41 : August 15, 2011, 10:03:20 AM

dexter jackson showed nothing on the field.  according to practice observers and UCLA fans price has.  PUP him, IR him, whatever.  but you dont give up on a talented guy with a major injury after 1 season.

Great point. Specially nowadays', with the way medical science is advancing, and the fact that athletes are simply better conditioned while using advanced techniques being instructed to them by a team of Doctors, Sports Scientist, Physicians you name it. Plus the lightened offseason!!! I'm willing to wager the average NFL career takes a pretty significant jump by the end of the next CBA, and the way players start returning from injury will change as well. Players will start coming back earlier and stronger then normal from more serious injuries.

This is what I think about the Glazers being cheap...

bucsbum

Hall of Famer

#42 : August 15, 2011, 10:12:12 AM

The only reason I can think of for putting a guy on the field who is out of shape is to try to play him into shape because he is not doing it on his own. He lacks motivation. This move worries me about Price.

He should be on the treadmill every chance he gets. Some people just have it in them that if it is not easy it is not meant to be. I sure wish we could have a trainer on his backside 7/24 and if he still refuses then yes can him. However it is hard when you know that there is a huge talent sitting there if he just tries.

Cerious

Hall of Famer

#43 : August 15, 2011, 10:18:01 AM

The only reason I can think of for putting a guy on the field who is out of shape is to try to play him into shape because he is not doing it on his own. He lacks motivation. This move worries me about Price.

He should be on the treadmill every chance he gets. Some people just have it in them that if it is not easy it is not meant to be. I sure wish we could have a trainer on his backside 7/24 and if he still refuses then yes can him. However it is hard when you know that there is a huge talent sitting there if he just tries.

He doesn't lack motivation. He wasn't cleared to run until just before the Bucs opened camp! Give him some time to get into PLAYING shape!

Borat!

Starter

#44 : August 15, 2011, 10:52:22 AM

You guys make me laugh. Lets just cut a 2nd round draft pick after 1 season because he's not recovered yet from a rare injury yet. He is only 23 and even if he takes this entire year off, he will only be 24 next season and ready to go. He was on bed rest pretty much until Bucs camp so calling him un-motivated is ridiculous. The trainers probably told him to not to use the treadmill and to just take it easy. I have more faith in the Bucs staff than a bunch of armchair GMs

\\\\\\\"...even if we win the SB not getting a few FAS with so many available was being pig headed and fanatical.\\\\\\\" - 4bucs
Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Price to start Thursday night « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools